Secret Lives, part deux - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-20-2007, 02:25 PM

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=27873

I came on this thread, when searching for something on VB, and remembered how fun it was reading about everyone's random goofiness. Since we have a lot of newbies, I thought we might give it another go.

So, dish....

ETA: There is also this thread https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=24735

and this thread; https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=47183, but they're both old.

(I'm a bit worried that I find this topic so interesting. )

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Veggie Regular

don't think I've ever posted in those

I'll try to think of something ... I'm afraid I'm rather boring!
#3 Old 11-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Hmmm... will these do?

--I talk to myself incessently. Recently I've given over to speaking to myself in Spanish rather than English.

--I have three Celtic-knot rings I wear most of the time, two on my left ring finger and one on my right ring finger. I tried doing it the other way around, but my fingers didn't want to switch.

--I love hugs.

--I abhor Henry Higgins' character in My Fair Lady and think Eliza was absolutely stupid to go back to him.

--I very rarely sit with my legs just out in front of me. I have to have them tucked somewhere.

--Some movies/musicals I like for the music but think the storyline sucks. Examples are Grease and The Phantom of the Opera.

--I didn't like soccer because of a childhood embarassment in connection with the sport until a student I was tutoring in my last semester of college was on the school's soccer team, and I thought if I proved I could be interested in a sport he loved, he might be able to find something valuable and interesting in the academics I was trying to tutor him in. My plan worked, sort of. He dropped out of school, and I now love soccer.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#4 Old 11-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a titanium plate in my head.

I do a wicked impression of the Clergyman from The Princess Bride.
#5 Old 11-20-2007, 02:53 PM

Hey! You can post!

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#6 Old 11-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I approved the post from the moderation queue.
#7 Old 11-20-2007, 02:57 PM

Oh, I just looked at the queue and it said that she made a post 1 minute ago. (in the Slut Thread, I think), so you must've done it wicked fast.

#8 Old 11-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

2 tabs open simultaneously.
#9 Old 11-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been in love with David Duchovny for about 10 years.

I sometimes run five miles and then don't shower before bed.

I spend more time on Veggieboards than my employers would be happy with.
#10 Old 11-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Give peas a chance

- I can't sleep unless the fan is on. Also, I can only sleep if I am face down, with my forehead propped up with a pillow. And, I can't sleep unless I have "Bobo", the king of all pillows.

- When I was 5, I peed my pants at Disneyland because I was scared of the people who walked around in character costumes. I turned around and was caught off guard by Pluto, who was standing right behind me, and had a meltdown.

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

#11 Old 11-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

- I can't sleep unless the fan is on. Also, I can only sleep if I am face down, with my forehead propped up with a pillow. And, I can't sleep unless I have "Bobo", the king of all pillows.

- When I was 5, I peed my pants at Disneyland because I was scared of the people who walked around in character costumes. I turned around and was caught off guard by Pluto, who was standing right behind me, and had a meltdown.

I am also uncomfortable around people in costumes.
#12 Old 11-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

-I have experienced some major changes since posting in a similar thread in 2004.

-But mostly I'm the same.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#13 Old 11-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

- I can go through an entire meal without drinking water (or anything else).

- I've never drank anything alcoholic and never will.

- I always sleep with these two little pillows with my head sandwiched between them.

That's all I can think of for now.

"May all that have life be delivered from suffering."
~ Buddha
#14 Old 11-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Veggie Regular

-I sleep with all of the covers on all year long (I have a very heavy comforter).

-I've worn my hair down at school every day for the past year and a half.

-I'm terrible at doing anything with my hair except for a messy-bun-thingy, a pony tail, and flat ironing it.

-I have a wasp-phobia.

-I used to call the washing machine 'muhshushsheen.'

-I used to speak Javanese fluently but I refused to speak it after my best friend moved.
#15 Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Veggie Regular

- I watch movies on my computer, over, and over, and over again if i have nothing to do that day. I don't change movies, I just watch the same movie, over, and over again.

- Doing the above, I have seen 50 first dates dozens of times, and I'm still not tired of it.

- I'm afraid of moths.
#16 Old 11-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I wonder if I can do this... I'll try. I skimmed through some of the other threads. Very interesting

~ I can't decide what I want to be when I grow up... and I'm already grown up.

~ I love dancing outside... huge fields are great.

~ I'm not cheap but also not-materialistic.

~ I've never been stung by a bee, or hornet, or anything stingy. Which makes me petrified of all stingy critters.

~ When I was much younger, I did a lot of drugs. A lot. And I don't regret it.

~ I'm incredibly passionate about my Husband.

~ I'm Kinky.

~ I was one of the best writers in all of my english classes.

~ I love the beach but I hate hot weather.

~ I always try and do the right thing. Intent matters to me.

~ I'm ridiculously easy to scare. My Husband places silly putty on the wall in random places to hear me scream and then laugh at myself.

~ I love knee high socks.

~ I sneeze like a cat.

~ This was way easier than I thought and actually a whole lot of fun! I want to keep going but I'll stop
#17 Old 11-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Veggie Regular

-I'm terrified of spiders

-I'm an introvert

-I have two bachelor's degrees

-I'm claustrophobic

-I'm a Canadian living in Florida, USA, and I'm ashamedly sensitive to the cold despite my heritage

-I'm a tomboy

-My eyes are black - you can't see my pupils unless you look very closely
#18 Old 11-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Veggie Regular

purmal's corollary
#19 Old 11-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Veggie Regular

- I don't have a uvula

- I have a small bald spot on the back of my head from the time I hit my head on the ground when I was swining on a swing

- I once threw up all over a teacher's desk (not my teacher's desk) when I was in 3rd grade.

- I tied for cutest costume at a work Halloween party with a woman who used to be a dancer for The Tubes

- I've had one of my photographs published as the cover of a small business journal

- I used to make super 8mm movies as a hobby when I was in my teens

- I got my private pilot's license when I was 18, went up again once after getting it and then stopped flying.
#20 Old 11-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Veggie Regular

-I love to drive. I know I'm supposed to be all enviro about it and I really try, but I deeply love travelling and seeing all the small towns/tourist attractions etc.

-Alternately, flying is so terrifying to me that I don't think I'd hesitate to skydive, just so I could get out of the plane!

-When I was younger, I was incredibly injury prone. I broke my leg, broke my ankle, tore ligements in my ankle, dislocated my kneecap and needed a fairly serious knee operation. All on my left leg. And all playing basketball, which should be considerably more harmless then that!!

-I have a master's degee is history, but don't use it at all.

-I'm gonna steal one from beachbunny, I too sampled several illicit substances when I was younger and don't regret it a bit.

-I hate talking on the phone, but have a job that requires a ton of time on the phone.

-I don't like where I live and want to move, but I don't know where to go. So I routinely make excuses about money or the standard of living or not having a job there, so that I can not take the chance of moving.

-The only class I ever failed was a college course in fencing.

-I read constantly and always have. I'm usually reading 3-5 books at any one time. I prolly own 500 books or so and go to the library weekly.

I think thats good for now.
#21 Old 11-20-2007, 11:22 PM

~I'm already addicted to these boards and I just joined tonight.

~I seem to be one in 5 billion people that really truly hates Harry Potter.

~I sleep with my right ear covered and the left exposed. Can't do it any other way.

~I am an excellent sculptor and painter, but I lack the drive to do it much.

~I gave up a 6 figure income to work with dogs.

~I have six animals and vacuum almost every day.

~I ride in the car so much with my dogs that I feel very lonely when they are not there.

~I think most rap music is based on societal experiment to see how stupid you can make something before it will stop making money.

~I write a lot of "poems" but I am too shy to share most of them.

~If I could be married to my fiance and Indiana Jones simultaneously, I would seriously consider it.

~I have more pairs of underwear than Texas has butts.

~I had 5 wisdom teeth - 4 of them yanked, but I'm holding on to number 5 just in case I get stupid someday and need to summon it's powers.

My god, I'm a freak.
#22 Old 11-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Veggie Regular

- I have a music-buying problem. I can't help myself. (probably not secret)

- I hate drinking through a straw.

- I'm a pretty severely claustrophobic (again, not a secret but not everyone probably knows that)

- I'm ridiculously allergic to wool

- I once drove my mother to the hospital when I was 12, on the highway. VERY fast.

- I've seen a dead human. (the flies and the smell will never leave my memory)

- I still have my wisdom teeth, and my appendix

- I (like beachbnny and kingsnorkie) did my share of substances.

- I can roll my eyes independently of one another.

- I was a licensed barber, worked at it for 7 years.

- I secretly have a soft spot for very cheesy 70's disco music.

I could go on but that's probably enough.
#23 Old 11-21-2007, 01:24 AM
Veggie Regular

• I *hate* shopping for anything other than CD's/LP's, musical instruments and food.
  • I was 9 years old when I got drunk for the first time. Long story.
  • I've been involved in 3 car accidents.
  • I was in a coma for a week after hitting my head on the concrete driveway one of those times.
  • I've never done any illicit substances (I'm the black sheep! ).
  • I had to dance to Britney Spears' "Baby One More Time" for a dancing competition when I was 10, and I won!
  • I'm a drummer who hates drum solos (well, most of them).
  • I have a soft spot for very cheesy 80's Pop music.
  • kingsnorkie reminded me to buy a Princess Leia Metal Bikini costume.
#24 Old 11-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Well, if it's a secret life I'm not exactly going to be telling you, am I?

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#25 Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 AM
Banned

-When alone in bed, I love to sleep either diagonally across the bed or on my side at a 90 degree angle with my legs out in front of me. I also try to do this with the boy in the bed, which means my legs are on top of him a lot.

-Along with Isabelle, I have never done any "illicit substances" before. But some seem to think I have. Once I was asked if I had composed a piece of writing while on acid (which appeared to be a compliment). No, that's just me, people!

-Two toes on my left foot are fused together. Not all of the way, but enough so that I could never wear those annoying 'toe socks'. And apparently, it's not all that uncommon.

-And I am also 'kinky'. And I have a large naughty drawer with a lot of things that could scare a few people.

-My eyes are very dark brown but there are tiny, tiny flecks of gold 'glitter' in them when viewed under a magnifying lense.

-I'm obsessed with lotion and lip gloss (and all other primping materials). If you visit my house, there's [at least] one tube of lip gloss and probably a small bottle of lotion in every room. I'm like a kid in a candy store in places like Sephora or The Body Shop.
#26 Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Well, if it's a secret life I'm not exactly going to be telling you, am I?

We all promise not to tell.

#27 Old 11-23-2007, 12:42 AM
Veggie Regular

- Like some other posters, I have done my fair share of substances.

- I sing really loud, (and actually try to sound good) when I am driving alone in my car... I sound terrible though, and I know it

- When I was 19, my boyfriend was hit by a car and killed.

- I can lucid dream

- My husband & I call each other "Stinker" and "Monkey" (and every possible version of those - Stinky, Stinkbutt, MonkeyLove, MonkeyButt, etc)

- I am in University, going for my B.Ed

- I am nearsighted in one eye, far sighted in the other

- I am INSANELY PASSIONATE about music! It really effects me on a very deep level. Whenever my life feels unhappy, I realize it's because I have been neglecting my music collection.

- I can read spanish fluently, but for some reason, It takes me A LOT of effort to speak it or write it. (Strange, eh?? Some defect in brain wiring)

- I like doing charcoal drawings, even though I'm not very good.

- I drink 3-5L of water per day, every day!!

- I've lost 90lbs in the past 14 months. (intentionally, Im not sick!)

- I love photographing my cat

- I live on a beautiful island off the coast of BC, and I wake up every day knowing that I live in the one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

- I am allergic to quick temperature change! If I go from a really cold room into a warm room, or warm to cold, if Im hot and I jump in a cold pool, come into a warm house from the snow, etc etc.. I break out in hives!

OK - Enough about me!! Sorry, I guess I got really into it!
#28 Old 11-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Veggie Regular

-Even though I'm only 18, me and my girlfriend will be celebrating our 4th Anniversary soon. When people ask how long we've been together, sometimes I refuse to tell them I think I'm well weird.

-I love zombie films but I'm so terrified of zombies that I hate walking from my car to my door in the dark alone, I yell "hello" to my dad and wait for a response before going in the house if I can hear him in there (zombies can't talk) and I was scared watching Shaun of the Dead.

-I am more geeky than ALL my friends, and less geeky than ALL my coworkers. So I get confused about my geek-ness.

-I have wanted a tattoo "as soon as I turned 18" since I was 12. It has been over 6 months since I turned 18, and I haven't got one yet.
#29 Old 11-23-2007, 01:40 AM
Veggie Regular

- I find it extremely hard to fall asleep on my back. So I always sleep on my side.

- I caught a pickpocket once. He was a kid, around 10 - and he was picking my dad's pocket in a crowded mall.

- I have moderate hearing loss. =S My ENT told me to stop listening to music via headphones, so I've sworn off them since.

- I've been in 2 car accidents.

- Like Isabelle and Hang~Ten~Honey, I've never done drugs.

- I tan easily and I hate it.

- I'm often mistaken for being Korean.

- I had a short stint in Starbucks during my last year as a university student. I hate coffee, but I just wanted to try being a barista for kicks.

"May all that have life be delivered from suffering."
~ Buddha
#30 Old 11-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I love soul music like the Temptations.

I have been in one car accident. We were going 90 mph around a curve..broke both axels...and was in the back seat and with no seat belt and escaped with only a scratch and 6 stiches. Amazing.

My hair was blonde for years..It's turning brown now but I keep dying it blonde to cover it up.

I am the definition of "Such a Blonde".

I have a split uvula.

I plan to do everything in my power to live to 100..just to see how the world has changed.

I have never broke any bones or had a cavity.

I am legally blind. Everthing after six inches or so from my face is blurry.

I still watch cartoons..like Sponge Bob Square Pants..alot alot. LOL.

I was put in foster care when I was 9.

I think so outside the box in so many ways I have invented my own box.

I am scared s***less of worms. Even writing the word made me shiver.

There are many more..but I'll stop there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page