Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Thankyou. We've having a great vegan feast but there are l/o vegetarians and ominvores here too.

Where are all the other canucks???
#3 Old 10-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks - I'm so excited. This is my meal: tofurkey, yam-pecan bake, mashed potatoes, turnip, Brussels sprouts, gravy, cranberry sauce, and cranberry-pumpkin cookies for dessert. And tomorrow I get another Thanksgiving feast at my boyfriend's!
#4 Old 10-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm getting my dad to make the brussel sprouts with my Earth Balance margarine instead of butter.

mmmmmm... brussel sprouts.
#5 Old 10-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Happy Thanksgiving Day to the Canadians! We Amurricans have to wait over a month for ours.

However, tomorrow is also National Let's Destroy the Native Peoples and Take their Land Day here in the US. The banks, post offices and goverment offices are closed for this.

*this space not for sale*
#6 Old 10-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I got to have a dinner with my mom tonight, and tomorrow is the one with my dad.

My mom made an organic vegetable soup with seeded pumpkin rolls, and for desert we had fresh berries with frozen yogurt.

My dad's is going to be vegetarian as well I can't wait to see what he whips up.

He won't let me bring anything either, so I'm just bringing a bottle or two of sparkling shiraz

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#7 Old 10-08-2007, 03:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian VBers!!
#8 Old 10-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Veggie Regular

well my mom did make a turkey but we also had vegetarian chicken strips for me which i drowned in mushroom gravy and cranberry sauce. also had mashed potatoes, squash (YUMM), carrots, broccoli, stuffing (i get my own seperate casserole dish of stuffing that went nowhere near the bird). i ate tons

next night i went to the inlaws' dinner where it was much the same (but not nearly as good as my mom's cooking )

oh and of course there was pie... and much wine.

and we did something different at my mom's this year. there's only 4 of us usually so there's way too much food. so this year we invited my mom's next door neighbours to join us. their an older couple who've both been sick a lot off and on the last couple years and their family rarely come to visit. they don't drive and one doesn't work so basically they don't get out much. at first my mom was all "gee i sorta hoped they'd say no, i was just being nice" but afterwards we were really glad they came. turns out the guy's living on meals on wheels and my brother's an utter goofball of course so he had us all laughing pretty hard, i doubt those 2 have laughed like that much lately. seemed like they had a good time maybe a new tradition?

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page