Non-sexual Fantasies - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-14-2007, 05:18 PM

Anyone else here entertain themselves with non-sexual fantasies? I like to ruminate on various things while I fold laundry or do other boring chores.

Some of my favorites:

I can speak and read any and all languages, living or dead.

I can fly.

I win the lottery and buy homes and cars for all my family and friends. I'd buy myself stuff, too, but buying stuff for other people is my big fantasy.

I, also, can use the Force.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Veggie Regular

As in daydreaming or stories? helll yes.

When I daydream, I think about that I've become self enpowered.

I'm thinking about my studio, having my own place, how I'll foster this dog ( of course she'll be a GSD and her name will be Kazima)...how I move around the world ( hence the foster a dog part and not adopt)...how worrying about debt, bills and having money and other people make choices for me will bethings of the past.

My meds will keep working and my fitness regime will produce results.

I'll actually move on from having to securing an income and get into a relationship. Si will be a playful , agnostic/unitarian/athesist veg*n and we'll have a loose relationship together as activity partners. The foster GSD ( all of which will be called Kazima) will encompany us on backpacking trips.

As for doing stories/ real fantasy not daydreaming.

I used to create a lot of stories and then one day, I quit. I would use a cartoon as a base and then branch off from there. Of course, it wasn't just fanfiction themed as I did such radical changes, it would lost touch with the original storyline it came from. I'm sure if I actually wrote these things down and then posted them along with the cartoon I used, I'd get lots of flames about how I ruined that cartoon. I used numerious cartoons and never came up with my own original story, which given the radical changes I tended to do is probably ironic.

Last series I ever played with was a lame sci fi with some overdone themes. It entertains me and that's all that has mattered. Basic theme is that it's story set on two islands on the coast of Western US. There is a theme park that includes various fantasy animals. Yes I fully realize the Jurrassic park association. There's a place called medevel sp? land, which is highly commerical not historically correct venture where employees dress up in old clothing. The commerical ventures are a funding front for something nasty and secret on the other not public island.

In classic cartoon style, there are evil chars and good chars. Naturally the evil chars are the ones on the island.

It started out with four core chars and I've moved on from there, creating new chars and plots for the storyline when the mood struck me.

Like so many others, I created a few veg*n chars for my series, sometimes looking here and in the RL veg groups for inspiration.

I have my angry, anti-social, vegan char based on a RL person I knew, he's a lot of fun to play with and of course he has Kazima....She's been a big hit in my gallery with the public. I had no idea that people were so fond of cyborgs.

When the time came that I made the choice to work towards being an artist, I decided to use this theme exclusively for my portfolio/gallery.

It had the biggest char cast, it was the last and IHO, the best series I'd ever worked on, most of the chars were people, I could hide the fanart type associations, and finally I just thought I could pull it off the best.

As long as I leave out the parts of the story with obvious connections to a certain cartoon, I can pull it off as my own work and most people who view my gallery will think I'm just an artist.
#3 Old 07-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Veggie Regular

yeah I am such a daydreamer...here are some examples of what i think of while in la la land...

i have graduated and now I have a well-paying job that I enjoy

Getting revenge on people I hold grudges against

Winning lots of money

ETA: I enter a strength contest for women of some sort and then win. then people i don't like find out about it and realize they are no match for me, for I can break their puny spine in two with my bare hands if I so wished...

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#4 Old 07-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I mostly fantasize about how wonderful it would be to have enough money so that money wasn't an issue anymore. That my husband could quit work and just be my playmate....travelling and doing fun stuff instead of working all the time.
#5 Old 07-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I think everyone dreams of winning lots of money or just having lots. It's fun to think about.
#6 Old 07-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I fantasize about:

—Meeting lots of my favorite VBers in August.

—Summer camp in middle and high school.

—Backpacking with my friends.

—Being the main character(s) in whatever movie or TV show I just watched.

—How I could have responded to a question or situation.

—Certain care-free enjoyable aspects of my childhood, as in, lack of bills and daily responsibilities.

—Hopping on a plane and going somewhere, anywhere.

—Being a better person.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#7 Old 07-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Veggie Regular

-confronting evil doers and bringing them to justice

-being energetic, in a good mood and motivated to exercise (yes, I fantasize about exercising!)

-winning lots of money and figuring out how much to give to my family

-living in a house with lots of cats, and all the cats cuddling and taking care of each other and having a big enclosure outside where they all run around in trees and chase butterflies.

-meeting some guy I really like (not a sexual thing) and his cats and my cats meeting each other.

-having better job

-living in Australia
#8 Old 07-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I pretty much just fantasize about sex or food.
#9 Old 07-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Bof
Banned

I was watching the Tour de France this morning and fantasizing about living in one of those lovely alpine villages, or in a chateau.
#10 Old 07-15-2007, 01:35 AM

I fantasise about what I'm going to do with all that money I'll get after that project I have going with that African prince who sent me that nice email.

#11 Old 07-15-2007, 02:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I dream I would be a pasta-head. I could hit the left side of my head and some macaroni would drop from my right ear. And then I would put my fingers in my nose and pull out from there some really long spaghetti. And it would all be al dente.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#12 Old 07-15-2007, 02:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I dream I would be a pasta-head. I could hit the left side of my head and some macaroni would drop from my right ear. And then I would put my fingers in my nose and pull out from there some really long spaghetti. And it would all be al dente.

Someday, you are not going to come up with something like the above, and I am going to be very disappointed!! The bar is set high and I expect you to achieve!!

I definitely daydream about winning the lottery....

I also wish I could sing/play an instrument really well. I've been hanging around with an older generation boy band and I can strum a few chords on the guitar, and carry a tune for some harmonizing...but I daydream that I'm really, really good and talented!!
#13 Old 07-15-2007, 02:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh, yeah, and I want to be good at dancing too!! Add that to the daydream.
#14 Old 07-15-2007, 03:06 AM
Veggie Regular

I actually daydream about not winning the lottery. You see, I've never purchased any kind of lottery ticket.

So I daydream about going in with a few dollars all wide-eyed and a little nervous, yet excited. I walk up to the cashier and ask for a lotto ticket. I pick some meaningful numbers (like dates, or pin numbers, etc). I take my ticket home and pin it on the wall, awaiting the results. Every day I awake wondering how I'll spend my money. Finally on the appointed day and time I get on the internet with my ticket in hand and my hands a little clammy and shaky. I find the website for the listed numbers. I look and not a single number is on my ticket!

That's my daydream.

I believe everything.
#15 Old 07-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Joe
Veggie Regular

I have a recurring fantasy called "the elevator fantasy." And no, it is not a sexual fantasy, it is a conversational fantasy.

The fantasy is that I am in some building somewhere and get on the elevator. Before the doors close, a particular person gets on the elevator with me and selects his or her floor. The elevator starts to move and then halts. It has broken and we are stuck between floors. There is a phone in the elevator, but it can only be used to call maintenance. We call maintenance and they say they are aware of the problem, but it will take an hour or two to get a technician down there to fix it, and the best thing to do is just wait.

I guess I'd have to add that in the fantasy it is assumed that no one has with them a cell phone, Ipod, Walkman or any other communication or entertainment device. Also, no one has any reading material or anything else to occupy their time while ignoring the other person.

The point of the fantasy is that basically your only choice is to talk to the other person, or stand there in silence.

What would you say? What would you talk about? Would you say anything?

Sometimes during the fantasy I get on the elevator with someone I despise.

And here the problem becomes whether I even try to make minimum civil conversation out of politeness, or just stand there in silence and glare at them.

Other times I get on with other people and have a lot to talk about. I imagine what questions I feel like asking them, and what their answers might be.
#16 Old 07-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm a writer, so my daydreams are goofy. They're usually about my characters and the stories I'm writing (so really it's brainstorming), but when they're about me they are usually fantasy-based or about tragedies. Yes, I daydream about being in tragedies. If the storyline I've thought up about myself is good enough, I'll change the main character and write a story about it.

I also used to have a lot of daydreams about being part of my favorite books' worlds. These got really complex, but I never had much success writing them down as fanfiction, because they were too tied up with my own inner self and other people don't get them.

I also occasionally daydream about my future or things I would like to happen.
#17 Old 07-15-2007, 07:33 AM

I have always wanted to ride a giraffe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page