VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Veggie Patch (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/)
-   -   How to sex woodchucks. (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/68621-how-sex-woodchucks.html)

Eclipse 07-13-2007 06:35 AM

I'm sure you are thinking it might be a bit odd that I suddenly want to determine the sex of a woodchuck....so I will explain further.

Ok, my parents have a garden and a pair or group of woodchucks is ruining it.

Yesterday they trapped an adult woodchuck and relocated hir. Concern arose of whether the woodchuck may be a nursing mother. Therefore I became determined to tell what gender the woodchuck was. Not an easy task when one has a hissing, tooth chatting, angry woodchuck in a trap who only wants to face you. I had my father lift up the trap, look from underneth and still could not tell. I figured if there's two lumps down there, it's a boy right?. Then we don't have to worry about the nursing mother situation.

What I saw baffled me. I saw what looked like a lump with three tubes coming out of it. Do woodchucks like have three penises or was I looking at the teats of a nursing mom?.

The deeds done as the woodchucks was taken away last night. My parents would not agree to wait over uncertain gender and my mom just said other people just shoot them dead. We know where the woodchuck had a burrow ,but I would be unable to access it as it's under a small woodshed.

Joe 07-13-2007 06:46 AM

I thought your thread was about how to have sex with woodchucks.

But seriously, you might try to paint the woodchuck before releasing it. Otherwise, how do you know that the woodchuck you are releasing won't return to your yard?

cil 08-01-2015 12:29 AM

Gender of woodchuck question

What you were seeing were the scent glands that are located directly inside the anus. They come out when a woodchuck (male or female) is annoyed, stressed or when they want to mark their territory.

iamnottom 08-01-2015 03:34 AM

very misleading title

Dogma 08-04-2015 01:00 PM

Well if you're gonna sex a woodchuck, first you- OH.

rasitha.wijesekera 08-05-2015 10:35 AM

how much sex would a woodchuck sex if a woodchuck could sex sex

no whey jose 08-05-2015 04:53 PM

I've been trying to come up with a woodchuck sex joke for days, but I got nothin'.

Dogma 08-05-2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no whey jose (Post 3737849)
I've been trying to come up with a woodchuck sex joke for days, but I got nothin'.

I think rasitha.wijesekera got this one.

Brain Floss 08-07-2015 04:10 PM

Apparently I've stumbled into the weird part of VeggieBoards lol.

mecanna 08-11-2015 09:14 AM

Determining whether an animal is male or female is called "sexing" it. So the title isn't really misleading.

Aren't woodchucks a species of rodent? In my experience, rodent males have large, easily visible testicles. If you didn't notice any, it was probably a female or young male.

Glad I could contribute... lol!