What do you regret more? Things you did or didn't do? - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: What do you regret more?
The things I did. 0 0%
The things I didn't do. 0 0%
Life is too short for regrets! 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Inspired by a thread I saw on another board.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Things I did.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#3 Old 06-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Things I didn't do.
#4 Old 06-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I try not to regret, but of what I do, I think I regret things I didn't do more.

I believe everything.
#5 Old 06-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Things I didn't do. At least for the stupid things I did do, I can say I learned a lesson and had an interesting experience.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#6 Old 06-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Things I didn't do.
#7 Old 06-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starblossom View Post

Things I didn't do. At least for the stupid things I did do, I can say I learned a lesson and had an interesting experience.

same.
#8 Old 06-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Things I didn't do. I'm very shy and introverted. Who knows how my life would be different if I had had the courage to be more outgoing with people?

*this space not for sale*
#9 Old 06-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Veggie Regular

That job I shoulda quit.

That job I shoulda applied for.

That guy I shoulda kissed.

That first car I shoulda hung on to 'cause now it's a Cla$$ic!

That trip my parents woulda paid for.

That stock I shoulda bought more of...

I don't know - I voted that I regret what I DIDN'T do, but really I'm leaning more toward neutral... none of the things I DIDN'T do would have headed me towards where I am now - with three beautiful kids, an incredible guy, a nice little home with low payments, a great job (that doesn't pay all that well) but I work with great people, I love what I do and have excellent benefits...

Hmmm. Maybe I don't have any regrets after all.
#10 Old 06-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Both.
#11 Old 06-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Things I didn't do. I'm very shy and introverted. Who knows how my life would be different if I had had the courage to be more outgoing with people?

I would never have guessed that Amy SF ... you seem so outgoing here on VB ... but then I guess it's much easier to do that online than in person ....
#12 Old 06-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Things I didn't do. Although I have done some foolish things, I agree with Starblossom - at least there was a lesson involved.
#13 Old 06-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Things I didn't do...I'm kind of with Amy...
#14 Old 06-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't have any regrets, honestly.

Every single experience I have had has made me the person I am todayand I kinda like that person!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#15 Old 06-15-2007, 08:36 PM

The things I didn't do... I have made plenty of mistakes in my life, but many of them have led me to where I am today, having a happy little family of my own! So, I can't really say I totally regret doing them.. can I?
#16 Old 06-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

What do you regret more? Things you did or didn't do?

Is there really a difference?
#17 Old 06-16-2007, 02:26 AM

Both,..I regret not finding my own special veggie girl, to make a nest..and build a life full of wonder and appreciation,...and lot's of in-ny and out-y smiles galore...just right for sharing over soy milk and cookies. I regret not having children: To love, adore, nurture, and to call my own! (I'll continue to dream of and pray for that holy miracle of family). I regret not loving more,..and in turn being loved more. Guess that's still do-able? Hope so. I'll be happy, and pretty much regret free.....If this wee bit of work-speak (plumbed from the shallows of me mind)...at least yeilds a freind or two. William. (meadowman77) [email protected]
#18 Old 06-16-2007, 04:53 AM

I voted things I did. There are a lot of things I've regretted that I didn't do but there's one thing I did when I was 6 years old (the 25th May 1997 actually at around 8pm) which I still feel terrible about and still apologize for it now.
#19 Old 06-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm kinda with Synergy on this one. There's no such thing as a "good" or "bad" decision, if you learn from all of them. I try not to regret any of my choices, because they have all led me to this place in time/space, and where I'm at right now is pretty okay...

Having said that, of course I wonder how things might have been different if I had made different choices in my life. For instance, when I was 14, I had the opportunity to go to college. I would have gotten out of my dysfunctional home, and been surrounded by a learning community, which I was sorely lacking in rural Oklahoma public schools. I know, though, that it would have brought its own challenges, and that I was not emotionally prepared for that kind of change...

*shrug*

If I had gone to Berkely instead of Oklahoma State... If I hadn't started using drugs... If hadn't stolen that pack of cigarettes...

When I start making a list of "questionable" choices, it becomes more and more clear that the important choice for me now, is to remove regret from my thought process.

My entire life has been in preparation for this one moment in time.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#20 Old 06-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenstar View Post

I voted things I did. There are a lot of things I've regretted that I didn't do but there's one thing I did when I was 6 years old (the 25th May 1997 actually at around 8pm) which I still feel terrible about and still apologize for it now.

do you mind sharing? talking about things can make it easier, as it seems you have a big weight on your mind.

if you don't want to, then that's definately fine too.

i voted "things i did". i regret a lot of the things i have done for a while then just seem to forget about it in the end.
#21 Old 06-16-2007, 03:24 PM

Things I didn't do, I don't really see a point in regretting things but there are some things I wish I'd done now
#22 Old 06-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I came from a really overprotective background, so much that I had difficulty making or keeping friends. I feel regretful that I didn't do a lot of the "normal" stuff high school kids do together--like going to the mall in a group or dropping by a friend's house to watch a movie. I could count on my fingers the number of "social things" (like going to a game or movie) I did with people my own age in high school and early college.

In fact, I didn't start doing "social things" with my peers (like spending the weekend with friends) until I was a senior in college. So although I do regret some things I've done (who doesn't?) I regret more not taking advantage of the unique social scene offered by college in particular.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#23 Old 06-16-2007, 05:11 PM

I honestly can't come up with anything I regret. I've been thinking this thread over all day, and nothing comes to mind. There are things I could've done differently, but all of those situations taught me some pretty important lessons that I may not have learned otherwise.

But then again, I'm 19 years old. Maybe I haven't lived long enough to have any real regrets.
#24 Old 06-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular

My life is full of regrets. Every second of my life that brings me closer to death and which I could have used for exploring some of the mysteries of life, or helping someone, or falling in love, or running in the summer night, but which I used for writing on the 'net or watching tv instead, is something to regret.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#25 Old 06-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Things I haven't done.

m8itcanw8.com
#26 Old 06-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I regret going to school for marine biology because it forced me to either be applying to unskilled work or fight tooth and nail in a competley saturated field where I would wait ten years to actually get hired.
#27 Old 06-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Things I did not do and wish I had but like a few of the others I was too shy..
#28 Old 06-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

I try hard not to have regrets. Regrets are useless. If I regret doing something rather than just wallow in that emotion I simply try to ensure I will not do the said action again. If I regret not doing something I try to ensure that I will take that opportunity should it arise again in the future. That being said, I usually fail, but I do try.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#29 Old 06-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Is there really a difference?

Pretty much what I was going to say.

Usually there's a choice. You choose to do X and not do Y. So if you regret the decision, do you regret doing X, or do you regret not doing Y?
#30 Old 06-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

I regret going to school for marine biology because it forced me to either be applying to unskilled work or fight tooth and nail in a competley saturated field where I would wait ten years to actually get hired.

That's too bad. Marine biology "seems" like it would be such a cool major. Why don't you get a job in a lab or at your local uni? or teach? until the art thing picked up. Here in boston there are plenty of lab jobs. Right now at Mayo there are two positions open that hire between 42 and 52 depending on experience.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page