A Poll: A Pox on Crocs or I'll Walk a Million Miles in my Nifty Crocodiles? - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: Crocs, Yes Or No?
Crocs are a Crock! 0 0%
I can't live without my Crocs! 0 0%
No opinion/I don't wear them 0 0%
This is what, now? 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Just for fun, whaddya all think of Crocs Footwear?

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-13-2007, 09:13 PM

Very ugly.
#3 Old 06-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, very ugly, and I can't imagine how you could wear them without having your feet sweat constantly.
#4 Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Ugly
#5 Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Bof
Banned

And expensive.
#6 Old 06-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't have any but I'd wear'em.

Their Primas are cute and the whole line is supposed to be comfy, too. I had thought about getting some for yard work and some for just out and about. Almost everyone at my Vet's office has a pair. They -love- them.

Hm. Looks like they've come out with more since I last looked at the site.
#7 Old 06-13-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bof View Post

And expensive.

I don't think they're expensive. Isn't one reason people like them because they're cheap? Or am I wrong?
#8 Old 06-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Banned

I have a pair. They are sweaty in the summer, but they are fine for inside with socks in the winter. They are cushy when you step, but I wouldn't want to take a long hike in them. They don't give that kind of support.
#9 Old 06-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Banned

So fugly it's shameful.

I always wonder when I see people wearing those "things"; "Why do you hate your feet so much?" I can't for the life of me figure out what kind of outfit they would accessorize.

Poor, poor feets.
#10 Old 06-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never felt tempted to buy a pair. My flip-flops are quite comfortable and much easier on the eyes than those things.
#11 Old 06-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

really ****ing ugly. Not worth the $35+ they cost.

I'd rather put that toward some super-cute and more comfortable (and ergonomic) Keens. Shoes I can wear year-round, to work, and without feeling humiliated for giving in to a really bad trend.
#12 Old 06-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Banned

The first time I saw them was on nurses while Mom was in the hospital. They had their white support hose on, and they told us the Crocs were the most comfortable shoe for being on your feet all day. I tried it. It might be for thin people, but I'm not thin people. I didn't think they gave enough support.
#13 Old 06-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang~Ten~Honey View Post

I can't for the life of me figure out what kind of outfit they would accessorize.

I like to wear them with my power suits.

m8itcanw8.com
#14 Old 06-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Veggie Regular

/facepalm @ these [shoes?]
#15 Old 06-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

I like to wear them with my power suits.

What, no white reeboks?
#16 Old 06-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Well I love 'em cause I work with special-needs kids and am always getting paint and glue and mud and stuff schlopped on my shoes... I was sick of washing my tennies and taking two days for them to dry... and these are WAY more comfy standing on an asphalt playground for two hours every day than any mucho expensivio shoes...

Plus I like them for gardening. I cannot wear flip-flops because I have arthritis in my toes (yay! how glamorous is that?!?) and they actually don't make my feet sweat any more than any other shoes might...

Plus... they come in fun colors
#17 Old 06-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang~Ten~Honey View Post

What, no white reeboks?

I save those for my job interviews.

m8itcanw8.com
#18 Old 06-14-2007, 01:05 AM

So, I'm on the boards like, once every three or four months and today I see a thread I can actually respond to intelligently and say "Oh, I have a freind that wears these all the time!!"

But whaddaya know, Ms. Tofoo beat me to it.

So. Yep.

TNS wears these things all the time. On her, they work. Personally they're not my style.
#19 Old 06-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Veggie Regular

oh god, they are so ugly.

and I love them.

oh, I swore I would never get a pair, and I said "they're hideous" and "I can't believe people wear them". And then one of my friends got them and we ALL wore them haha. They are so comfy. And, you know ... they grow on you.

I like them for camping - the bits of camping where you're hanging around at campsites, not camping - and for days when I can't find socks
#20 Old 06-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

They are incredibly ugly. They looks so damned cheap and nasty, too. If I was going to buy a pair of plastic shoes from the $2 shops I'd go with cheap rubber thongs every time. (Thongs meaning proper thongs, not g-sting underwear. You know, flip-flops with the central toe piece)

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#21 Old 06-14-2007, 03:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I find them so visually offensive whenever I see a pair I want to throw up on them.

But I want to do that with quite a lot of things, come to think of it.
#22 Old 06-14-2007, 03:49 AM
Veggie Regular

They are really quite ugly but so amazingly comfy especially in a size that is 2 sizes too big (stealing Lewis' ones) I'm going to get some bright red ones for when we go camping, they can be my finished exams treat.
#23 Old 06-14-2007, 03:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Those of you who hate them clearly don't stand on hard flooring all day and have joint problems. Crocs are the ONLY reason I can still do my job as bad as my knees are, I tried other much much more expensive shoes and they did nothing for me.

If I hated my feet I would wear more attractive shoes that hurt them, my feet love crocs.

I did try my flip flops this summer for out and about but they still hurt my knees after even a short outing so I'm going to have to get some crocs flip flops too.
#24 Old 06-14-2007, 03:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

really ****ing ugly. Not worth the $35+ they cost.

I'd rather put that toward some super-cute and more comfortable (and ergonomic) Keens. Shoes I can wear year-round, to work, and without feeling humiliated for giving in to a really bad trend.

I think most of us would skip on the leather shoes, at least I would.
#25 Old 06-14-2007, 05:56 AM

I voted No opinion/I don't wear them because I don't wear them and I never will. I'd never seen them before until I went to Canada and I couldn't understand how people actually managed to walk around in public with feeling mortified.

However, I kind of do want a pair for wearing around the house and for when I go camping Just been looking on the website and they have a Disney pair! But it's only in child sizes. I really want a Disney pair now!

OK they do adult Disney Pirates ones! So they're not the Mickey Mouse ones but they're still Disney! Problem is they're only sold in the US not in the UK yet Have to keep an eye out
#26 Old 06-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria View Post

I've never felt tempted to buy a pair. My flip-flops are quite comfortable and much easier on the eyes than those things.

Ditto
#27 Old 06-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Veggie Regular

They're hideous, but they are absolutely wonderful for those of us who have knee/leg/foot problems and are on our feet all day long.

They are so comfortable, and have greatly helped my knee & foot pain from being on my feet all day as a dog groomer. Plus I can get them wet, I can easily wash them when I step in something unpleasant, and they are quite cool & airy. I have the "RX series".
#28 Old 06-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular

they're absolutely hideous.
#29 Old 06-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebelovedtree View Post

Those of you who hate them clearly don't stand on hard flooring all day and have joint problems. Crocs are the ONLY reason I can still do my job as bad as my knees are, I tried other much much more expensive shoes and they did nothing for me.

Actually, I'm sure a lot of us are on our feet all day. Most of us probably couldn't wear crocs to work. (not that I would anyway)

Danskos are another shoe I'd wear over crocs (in fact, I have 2 pairs of those as well). They provide a lot of arch support and the insoles are much thicker and cushier than those of crocs.

But alas, those are leather as well.
#30 Old 06-14-2007, 08:52 AM

I bought my first pair about a year ago - I'd never set eyes on them before - and I loved them at first sight!

We were camping at the time, and I needed something to wear to go swimming in the river (the stones on the shore were really jaggy), so I bought a pair - and I found out THEY CAN FLOAT! My feet constantly rose to the surface - it was very funny!

They are ideal for wearing in all conditions. (I've spent a whole year in them - from torrential rain to humid heat, to freezing winter and everything in between and out camping to work and as slippers and on nights out) I have two pairs of 'professional' crocs for work - one with holes around the sides, and one without. Working in Learning Support in a high school, I am on my feet a lot, and moving around the busy school all day. I won't wear anything else now. Even my oldest comfiest shoes aren't comfy in comparison!

I have always been into 'big' shoes - and I suppose these really fit the bill - but as they are vegan, and made from a by product, and are ergonomically designed, and are soooo comfy - these are the best thing since sliced bread for me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page