Hurricane season - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, the Atlantic hurricane season is upon us. First official day of the season, and our second tropical storm of the season formed. Oddly, we here in Florida are happy about this. With the drought, we need the rain from this type of thing, as long as it doesn't strengthen to a full blown hurricane and cause serious wind damage.

Anyway, Tropical Storm Barry is headed for northern Florida, nowhere near me down south, but we're getting some serious rain right now, and even some wind. I'm glad we're finally getting rain.

I just hope this isn't an indication that we're going to have another VERY active storm season like in 2004 and 2005.

--Fromper

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-02-2007, 05:15 AM
Veggie Regular

It certainly seems like the hurricane season has been very active over the past few years...I'm glad you are getting the rain you need!!
#3 Old 06-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Veggie Regular

A dude from NASA was on NPR yesterday talking about this hurricane season. I think he predicted 4 hurricanes, all affecting Florida primarily. (I don't know where he got the number from, but the location was based upon climate data.)

Scary stuff, especially for the people who are losing their home owners insurance in Florida.
#4 Old 06-02-2007, 08:57 AM

We finally have rain! W00T!

Now, heres to hoping the roof stays put...
#5 Old 06-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Its the same story here on the NC coast, we need the rain but we don't want the bad year they're predicting for us.

I need to update my emergency supplies for the cats, and the iguana, we just realized that we don't have enough carriers if everyone has to leave at once. We usually put them on a leash but we don't need to do that during a hurricane.
#6 Old 06-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck to the people in hurricane zones./

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page