How did you get your screen name and what does it mean or stand for? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-09-2007, 07:50 PM

Mine is my stage name and radio DJ ID

As I look at Google and Yahoo I notice several people are now using it as well around the world.........Should have trade marked it years ago
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-09-2007, 07:54 PM

Garnett - Michael Jackson's elementary school in Gary Indiana. Me loves Mike Jack
#3 Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I made this name myself.

My nickname is Angel, which is where the second half comes in. The "Handcuffed" part of my screenname represents my depression.

I have been so depressed for such a long time that I always felt like I was being trapped [handcuffed] by my own emotions and inability to battle those emotions and my depression.

An Angel in Handcuffs.
#4 Old 04-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Veggie Regular

it's my first name.
#5 Old 04-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

it's my first name.

Same. There are a few theories as to what the tilde (~) stands for.
#6 Old 04-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Mine's the name I was born with.

m8itcanw8.com
#7 Old 04-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Veggie Regular

My screen name comes from the Greek god Sevensus. He was the god of expired lemonade who was noted for his antosociality: most legends descibe him as someone who, when other gods were molding the world or having plots against each other or mortals, usually said "Δεν παίζω με σας τα ηλίθια ηλιθίους" ("I'm not playing with you a-holes").

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#8 Old 04-10-2007, 12:56 AM

Horace Grant gave it to me on my 17th birthday...
#9 Old 04-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Mine's my name. Which is Eli Brown.

Edited to add: I am female, but my name is not Ellie. It's pronounced just like the boy's name Ely, or like the beginning of Elijah.

You know...for the record.
#10 Old 04-10-2007, 02:46 AM
Banned

mines a mistake supposed to post Bluegold instead for some unknown reason I posted Bluesand
#11 Old 04-10-2007, 02:47 AM
Veggie Regular

I traded some kid for it.

It wasn't even my kid so I think I got a good deal.
#12 Old 04-10-2007, 03:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Mine's self explanatory.
#13 Old 04-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Ankle Biter

Mine is my my dog's name - Poppy Seed.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#14 Old 04-10-2007, 05:36 AM

I made mine up. I'm usually hyper and I love tomatoes. The combination results in fun!
#15 Old 04-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I started my career as an accountant. "Beancounter" is slang for Accountant. It's usually used as a derogatory label, but most accountants like it.

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#16 Old 04-10-2007, 06:42 AM
Veggie Regular

harper lee... word
#17 Old 04-10-2007, 10:32 AM

I love the song line "Never seen a bluer sky" (ten points for the first person to recognize the song and show, without the help of Google! (or other search engines, smart people!)) but I used the name "skysoblue" on a different forum, and I like to use different names for each forum to keep my stalkers busy, so I changed it to SkySoStarry. I also love the sky, especially when its really starry. I think it has a nice ring to it, too. (The name, that is, not the sky.. or stars, whatever!)
#18 Old 04-10-2007, 10:43 AM

I hope mine is obvious.
#19 Old 04-10-2007, 11:06 AM
American Made, Rebel Born

uh I used to be Rebel Girl, from the Bikini Kill song.

Kenickie is a good band, but thats not why I picked it.

Kenickie, is the real badass from Grease, he's the one who's supposed to be driving Grease Lightning, has the coolest girlfriend (Rizzo) and because it sounds cool.

really cool.

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#20 Old 04-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Iria is a character in one of the books I'm writing. I made up the name myself. Later I found out that there is a river or something named Iria. I mostly picked it because I think it's pretty and also because I delight in finding short names that no one else has already taken on big message boards like this.
#21 Old 04-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

troub

troubadour

a bard of knightly rank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanica View Post

troubadour

One of a class of lyric poets and poet-musicians, often of knightly rank, that flourished from the 11th through the 13th century, chiefly in Provence and other regions of southern France, northern Spain, and northern Italy. They wrote in the langue d'oc of southern France (see Languedoc) and cultivated a lyric poetry intricate in metre and rhyme and usually of a romantic amatory strain reflecting the ideals of courtly love. Favoured at courts, troubadours had great freedom of speech and were charged with creating around the court ladies an aura of pleasant cultivation. Their poetry, often set to music, was to influence all later European lyrical poetry. See also trouvère.

#22 Old 04-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Tymps is the 5th track on Fiona Apple's third album, 'Extraordinary Machine.' Normally, on message boards, I register as Paper Bag, another Fiona song (from her second album), but this time I decided to do something different and chose Tymps because the word has a weird sound. And I like the song.
#23 Old 04-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I got my nickname from work. I work at a pet store (in Vermont, hence the VT) that focuses on teaching people how to properly care for the pets they have, rather than selling them new ones. We have quite a reputation so eventually people I had never seen before started coming in and asking to talk to the "Cat Lady." I get stopped in stores, restaurants, the laundromat, etc. by people saying, "Aren't you the cat lady?" I double as the "Bird Lady" when no one else knows the answer. We also have two "Fish Guys," a "Reptile Guy," a "Dog Lady," and a vet tech.
#24 Old 04-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Kill Uncle is the name of a Morrissey album.

The name makes me laugh a little,but i hope that my nieces and nephews never find out the name i am using.
#25 Old 04-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Veggie Regular

My home town is Chula Vista, California. I've read various translations from the Spanish but the city says it means "beautiful (cute) view".
#26 Old 04-10-2007, 01:16 PM

Well one of my favourite bands is Sonic Youth, and Iggy was almost my first name. My Father wanted me to be named Iggy, after Iggy Pop. My mother disagreed, and it instead became my middle name/occasional nickname. So, I took Sonic, and Iggy.... and put them together!
#27 Old 04-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I find the smooth, purple, bulbousness of the eggplant to be extremely aesthetically pleasing.
#28 Old 04-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

when I first joined it stood for "I so wish I was vegan" (or something similar) which is the phrase I googled to find VB.
#29 Old 04-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Veggie Regular

mine used to be an email address. which came from my beliefs that humans are essentially made of stardust (well, we are if you believe in the big bang theory!). And then blossom means growing and I like flowers. So it's sort of like I'm a flower blooming from the ashes of stardust, well something like that anyway, you get the idea.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#30 Old 04-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Beginner

My user name is derived from our first greyhound we adopted belle and the second greyhound we adopted dozer. Put it together and you've got belledozer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page