A Start With Podcasts - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I made it a point to listen to my first podcast this week and it was excellent, I listened to one on an essay by Walden on digg.com about Self Sufficiency. Podcasts are great to listen to and very soothing. Specially, if you are single, lonely, stressed, overwhelmed or just wish to chill out and have spent a lot of time infront of PC and don't wish to watch TV/PC etc., listen to a podcast with a Beer or a Cup of Herbal Tea. It is like listening to friends chat at their/your convenience and is vey relaxing, informative. If you like audio books, you will love podcasts. Inorder to increase their popularity, it would be very helpful to have whole huge past collection of Podcasts in a particular category of the order of say 250MB to 1Gig downloadable as torrents, people love torrents/collections and this will avoid having them to do a lot of searches, download time etc., and create increased interest in podcasts.

Here are some cool Frugal podcasts for starters:

http://www.podcastpickle.com/casts/4097/

http://www.turnoffyourtv.com/downloa.../podcasts.html

http://digg.com/podcasts/No_Credit_Needed_Podcast

Listen to your first podcast this week and then one podcast every few days, I am sure you will love and appreciate them, specially those who like Audiobooks. Best part is that they are free for the most part.

Regards,

Vijay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-26-2007, 05:05 AM
Veggie Regular

I like podcasts too. My favourites are:

Quirks and Quarks (very good, accessible, fun science show)

Irish and Celtic Music Podcast (an hour of music per episode)

Learn French by Podcast (short, fun, high-quality French lessons)

The Writing Show (interviews with writers about writing)

Yoga Peeps (interview with yoga teachers)
#3 Old 03-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Veggie Regular

I also am new to the world of podcasts, and I love them. There was a thread about good AR, vegetarian themed podcasts. Here.

I love them in the mornings. I have a 6 month old small pod, and she gets me up @ 6 in the am (hooray!) every day. I find it's nice to listen to podcasts, as like that I can play with her all morning without completely sacrificing my own mind. The best of both worlds! I can carry her around, or play on the floor with her, whatever, while learning and thinking at the same time. I love it!

Try podcast.net - There seem to be a lot there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page