Violent Vegan - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 06-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rev View Post

Anyway, I think guys like this are, while passionate, ultimately working against ending animal cruelty.

I totally agree.

Also, I love your avatar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 06-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I thought the site was funny. I wouldn't buy anything from him, but it's good to see that freedom of speech is alive and well.
#63 Old 06-30-2004, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by portablekitten View Post

Originally Posted by PortableKitten

I really like the site. He is just saying what a bunch of others don't have the ***** to say.

Or the class to say...

Wow. "**** you if I disagree with you!" And people gripe about my manners sometimes? Heh.

Agreed. It's not a matter of guts. What kind of dumb person wants to say these things and is actually afraid to? What a wuss.

I can understand being angry, but I try not to let it get the better of me because in the end, it will just ruin things for the animals.

Incidentally, I don't have a problem with the site. I do feel that it's the kind of thing that might turn non-vegans off, but there's other stuff out there. Just so long as the webmaster doesn't chase after omnivores while screaming at them, the site is fine with me.
#64 Old 06-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Ex-*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rev View Post

Anyway, I think guys like this are, while passionate, ultimately working against ending animal cruelty. I don't know about you, but when someone gets in my face with angry criticism, my knee-jerk reaction is to get defensive and stand my ground. I think alot of would-be vegans and vegetarians out there are likely to be put off by the negativity of his message. I mean, to a mainstream person, this guy might be their only exposure to the vegan lifestyle, and, if so, they'd probably come away thinking vegetarians and vegans are a bunch of intolerant nazis.

IMO, we'll have to recognize that veg*ns are just as diverse with regard to how we express our opinios as are the flesh-eaters. The ViolentVegan approach works for some of us, but for the others it's just too much. There are also religious approaches to veg*ism that work for some people, whereas others are put off by religion. And the same goes for the veg health arguments: Some people are concerned abouth their health, others are put off by any talk about the benefits of carrots and salads.

If this site was the only source to veg*n propaganda, that would be a problem. However, it is not. There are countless other sources to info on veg*ism both on Internet and in the real-world. Aren't most veg Internet sites reasonably moderate in their rhetorics?

The ViolentVegan approach probably works best for rebels eager to make a statement, youngsters revolting against society & their parents, etc. It is our responsibility to do our bit in helping them to channel all that rebel energy in a direction that actually helps promoting veg*ism AND stopping animal cruelty.

Also, I'm all for fighting stereotypes. I wear my shirt-and-tie business man outfit whenever I can! I think it would look awesome in an AR demo

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#65 Old 06-30-2004, 04:37 PM

my favorite shirt is one from Pangea. It reads:

No, I don't eat meat.

Yes, I get enough protein.

No, I don't wear leather, and

Yes, I have a life!
#66 Old 07-07-2004, 12:32 AM
Beginner

"Mel Gibson is said to have plans to use the dogs story as a sequel to his CHrist movie. This one will be called, " Christ is back and this time he's a Beagle." "

Maybe I missed why you all hate this site but I think it's rather amusing. I love immature net humour ^_^
#67 Old 07-07-2004, 01:40 AM

Pure ignorance.
#68 Old 07-07-2004, 01:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurmudgeon View Post

Free autographed "fvck you if you kill animals" t-shirts for all VBers, of course.

Man, it's been almost a year. I'm still waiting for my free t-shirt Kurm.
#69 Old 08-12-2004, 09:17 PM

I got a kick out of that web site!

Sense of humor guys! Laughter is an amazing way to break down barriers and initiate learning.

When I wear costumes at demos, it diffuses people's anger at the message (EX - how dare you tell me what to eat?) I can see a smile on their faces and at the same time they are absorbing the message.

PS - There is no "model" for animal rights behavior. We must all do what we do best and express ourselves. It will work on some people, but not others.
#70 Old 10-07-2004, 04:13 PM

i thought it was a little funny.. and that the website creator maybe needs to get more of a life? or maybe less free time? but I liked it heheh
#71 Old 10-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3gan View Post

i thought itw as funny, the shirts that is. i'd wear one, but i like people gawking over my shirts. although his attitude and his site is poor, the shirt is funny

hah i thought the shirts were funny too

mabey i would wear them if i was having a bad day mad and didnt care what people thought
#72 Old 10-08-2004, 07:01 AM

I think it's annoying!

Yesterday my husband was at the lumber yard and a girl was there shopping as well. She was wearing a t-shirt that said (front) VEGAN and (back) SCREW YOU. I guess I know where she picked up that charming shirt!

My husband wanted a t-shirt (after being annoyed by the mean vegans) that said Vegetarian(front) and (back) Not as mean as vegans. lol
#73 Old 10-08-2004, 07:10 AM
Veggie Regular

I love it. If CafePress shirts weren't so dang small, I'd get the shirt in a hearbeat!
#74 Old 10-08-2004, 07:28 AM
Veggie Regular

The site did not work for me. All I got was a blank white page. Maybe he got sick of his own attitude and shut it down. ?

Sunny
#75 Old 10-08-2004, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

lol
#76 Old 10-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I like it, because its blunt.
#77 Old 10-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I want some violent vegan clothes now.
#78 Old 10-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Beginner

I think it's awesome. It's funny. Violent Vegan lol the name even brings a smile to my lips.

Like someone else said..> I take things lightly. And I really doubt that anyone who was really going to go vegan or would even think about it would NOT go vegan because of this site. You give it to much credit.

What stereotype does everyone keep speaking of?

We are violent? lol

Or that we are radical?

I am guessing radical because most people picture us as underweight, ill nutured, wusses.

What's wrong with being radical? And how is a t-shirt (even one like that) radical?
#79 Old 10-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Beginner

Also...

Every reply to this post keeps it on the board... Giving him more advertisement. Making him money. And he doesn't even have to make his stuff, cafe press will do it for him! I think he has a great set up... No publicity is bad publicity (that's the saying right?) :-D
#80 Old 10-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Veggie Regular

those shirts remind me of a shirt I have

that says on the back "Dont Sh*t On The Planet GO VEGETARIAN!"

i made from Peta Stencils at peta2.com

(With a picture of the planet )

i wear that shirt everytime i go grocery shopping
#81 Old 10-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I couldn't open that site either.
#82 Old 10-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Sometimes I feel like a violent vegan. Like I want to abuse people that piss me off, and not animals.
#83 Old 10-14-2004, 02:50 PM

I thought it was funny. I wouldn't wear the F-bomb on my shirt, but I happen to like the site/blogs.
#84 Old 10-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Banned

This thread is so old!!
#85 Old 11-15-2004, 02:39 AM

As Napoleon once said, "heck YEAH!"

That site tickles.
#86 Old 11-15-2004, 08:45 AM
Veggie Regular

I didn't bother with the store, I read the news blog, and found it saddening. Poor animals.
#87 Old 12-14-2004, 06:36 PM

I think this is funny and tells it like it is. Probably won't "convert" any one, but it's amuzing if you are like minded. Lighten up everyone!
#88 Old 03-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Beginner

I peronally think they are both cute..jsut don't take 'em too seriously. Of course I always had an unorthodox taste. My favorite commercial is that one where they sing " Eat steak eat steak eat a big ol' steer..." I sing it a lot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page