Violent Vegan - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 08-20-2003, 08:44 PM
Veggie Regular

HEEHEEEHEEEEHEEEEHEEEEHEEEEEEEEE!

I thought it was funny actually. Parts of it. Thought the racist comments unnecessary, and put off by them. Take them out, and it's funny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-20-2003, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey the same store sells the "EAT MEAT NOT WHEAT" T-shirs, what's up with that??
#33 Old 08-20-2003, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't like this site at all .. it appears he's trying to get the word out about how animals are treated so horribly, but I think he's going about it the wrong way. Hopefully people considering being veg*n don't find this site and take it seriously!

And what is with his concern over just chickens and birds? There are plenty of other animals out there to be saved...
#34 Old 08-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Friendly View Post

LOL. Fvck, the stereotype, this is hilarious. They actually have greeting cards that read "**** You if You Eat Chicken." I'm still opposed to violence against people, but I have no problems at all with property damage.

Cool. Post your address so someone can burn down your house. Sounds like you won't mind.
#35 Old 08-22-2003, 02:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Just another variation on the vengeance mentality.

The downward spiral of hatred and violence continues...
#36 Old 08-22-2003, 06:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Cool. Post your address so someone can burn down your house. Sounds like you won't mind.

It isn't about any property, like can be seen from the context.

--

If the page is made seriously (I don't know if it is): I understand the anger and sadness, but a) somehow I got the feeling that these kind of people don't care about the animal rights matters for "too long": it's more about a passing emotion b) like said, it might not be the best solution for animals, since the page could turn somebody off veg*nism and create a generally bad image.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#37 Old 08-22-2003, 09:24 AM
Veggie Regular

This is just a thought I’m, throwing out there, (as I do) But it may be that this is good for Vegans. I mean, when many hear the word Vegan, They will mostly think of pale, thin pacifists. We, at least, know that this is not true. But still, a lot of people will view the stereotype as an unreachable peak. A height only a few can reach. This, at least, shows that those who are Vegan are still, in a way, imperfect and human, closer to what can be done by your averaged person.
#38 Old 08-22-2003, 10:03 AM
Administrator

If you mean hate can be accomplished by the average person then you're right. But how does someone wearing a t-shirt that says "**** you" make you want to accomplish what that person has?

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#39 Old 08-22-2003, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Hillarious. I'd wear it.

There are all kinds of different veggie folks out there, and this person is just more aggressive about it. Nothing wrong with that. I think I'm more open to agressive attitudes living in the Big City, though. You learn to tolerate a wide range of attitudes here, or maybe it's just me.
#40 Old 08-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Administrator

There is something wrong with it if you're more concerned about being "holier than thou" and turning people off than you are about doing any real good.

But whatever, it's a free country.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#41 Old 08-23-2003, 12:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I guess the so-called pollo-vegetarians wouldn't get too much of a kick out of that t-shirt, eh?

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#42 Old 08-23-2003, 02:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

If you mean hate can be accomplished by the average person then you're right. But how does someone wearing a t-shirt that says "**** you" make you want to accomplish what that person has?

It just more dispels the image that a Vegan is ‘better’ then other people b/c they can (and in this case does) lower themselves to petty hate. It just makes them seem more human.

Anyway, no matter. It was just a thought that I’ll never act on.
#43 Old 08-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

It isn't about any property, like can be seen from the context.

Doesn't matter. Once you start accepting that property damage is "okay" because you feel it is justified, a big ol' can of worms is opened.
#44 Old 08-23-2003, 10:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Once you start accepting that property damage is "okay" because you feel it is justified, a big ol' can of worms is opened.

Depends on the definition of justified.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#45 Old 08-24-2003, 07:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I have to agree with Alpaca dude ... on the merit of broad-scaling the vegan impression of the unaquainted across

a wide spectrum of vegan stereotypes to increase a multi-faceted embrace of veganism... in all its manifestations, etc!
#46 Old 08-28-2003, 09:08 AM
Veggie Regular

My question when looking at this sort of thing is, "How does this help animals?" I think the main thing it does is let vegans let off a little steam and give in to anger and the desire for vengence (as epski mentioned).

Helping the animals and amusing vegans are two very, very different things.
#47 Old 08-28-2003, 09:54 AM
Veggie Regular

i didn't visit the site, but as an aside, i think that property damage is violence against people. I think that it is wrong, not to mention illegal.
#48 Old 08-28-2003, 11:00 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

i didn't visit the site, but as an aside, i think that property damage is violence against people. I think that it is wrong, not to mention illegal.

I don't quite understand that statement?
#49 Old 08-28-2003, 05:28 PM

hysterical. reminds me of a t-shirt i saw recently that read "if i were king, you'd all be vegan". unfortunately, being veg*an says to the omni world (however implicitly, and whether you like it or not) "i disagree with how you live (at least a part) of your life." i think it's great to see someone get angry about omni diets, but then again, i support direct action.
#50 Old 08-28-2003, 05:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I think the shirts are hilarious, although I wouldn't wear one myself nor would I say something like that to someone eating chicken.

I, too, was bothered more by the improper use of punctuation than by the actual content of his blog.
#51 Old 09-03-2003, 05:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I think it's a cool site.

It offers a different perspective on vegans, and it's really passionate.

Sounds like me actually.

hasta la Vista, ya big jerk omnis.
#52 Old 11-19-2003, 07:52 AM
Beginner

I am catching up on posts that happened before I became a VB member. The site in question is not my style, but I like it. I don't wear clothes with dirty words on them, but I think his T-shirts are amusing.
#53 Old 01-02-2004, 08:01 PM

I like the 11-25 (date) joke.

I don't know.

It doesn't look so bad.

If people think poorly of Veganism because of a comic strip, then something tells me there's more to the story!
#54 Old 01-03-2004, 09:12 AM

OMG !!! I love this site. Nice and straight to the point.

*wants a [email protected]#K you if you eat chicken shirt*
#55 Old 01-03-2004, 08:44 PM

I really like the site. He is just saying what a bunch of others don't have the ***** to say.
#56 Old 01-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortableKitten View Post

I really like the site. He is just saying what a bunch of others don't have the ***** to say.

Or the class to say...

Wow. "**** you if I disagree with you!" And people gripe about my manners sometimes? Heh.
#57 Old 01-03-2004, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

Or the class to say...

Wow. "**** you if I disagree with you!" And people gripe about my manners sometimes? Heh.

#58 Old 05-14-2004, 08:25 PM

I just purchased a shirt for myself & one for my wife!

My only real problem is that they have no Men's shirts with the little chicken saying the phrase, "F U if you eat chicken" - it is only in Women's shirts! The only Men's shirt with that phrase is just the phrase - what is up with that?
#59 Old 05-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Veggie Regular

FYI: He's written for the Green Goat. Also, the reason he goes on and on about chickens as opposed to other animals is because he has multiple chickens as companion animals.

Check out my webcomic! www.GrammarComic.com
#60 Old 06-30-2004, 01:29 PM

I think my favorite shirt to date is "GOT PUS? Milk Does." I saw it on the PETA site. (Won't be drinking any milk any time soon... )

Anyway, I think guys like this are, while passionate, ultimately working against ending animal cruelty. I don't know about you, but when someone gets in my face with angry criticism, my knee-jerk reaction is to get defensive and stand my ground. I think alot of would-be vegans and vegetarians out there are likely to be put off by the negativity of his message. I mean, to a mainstream person, this guy might be their only exposure to the vegan lifestyle, and, if so, they'd probably come away thinking vegetarians and vegans are a bunch of intolerant nazis.

One thing I like to promote is how EASY it is to be a vegetarian or vegan, and how little I'm giving up to do it. If it looks fun, and the people seem nice, I think veganism/vegetarianism will attract more people, and, as a result, more animals will be spared a life "down on the farm."

My 2¢

The Rev

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page