Game scamming vent. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-09-2007, 03:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I know some peoples will laugh at this ( please don't, if you think it's silly please stay out of my thread or just don't say anything) , but I got scammed on Gaia due to a computer error on my side and another player got most of my gold. I have mailed them repeatly to return my gold and no reply.

So I'm sitting here crying now. Yeah I know they are pixels blah blah...but it takes effort dammit to earn virtual gold. Playing Gaia was like the only happy thing I had in my life in the momment. So yes it SUCKS>>>>.

I feel like Carmelito got taken away twice, once when my portfolio got stolen and now when my Gaia account was scammed. And this after another ****ty day of struggling with metabolism issues/low blood sugar from being unable to eat normally. I''ve just been in bed all day from the time I got home from the dentist this morning, oh yeah that was no picnic either and my problems in that area are ongoing ( last time I had an issue like this the end result was having my tooth pulled so I'm still really scared). Yeah I guess it's not that bad compared to the other health problem I was struggling with before this, I'm not in pain besides the tooth aches, just wasted like I got drugged up at times.

I just looked forward to getting home, taking my B vitamin doses and having some fun with Carmelito. Just to forgot about all the **** in my life for a while. Yeah maybe its' not the best way , but keeps what little sanity I have.

I had a big loss on neopets too and I basically semi quit as a result. My gallery of my five years old account is basically gone and I cannot access that account. Millions of NP worth of pets pets, PBs and other special items all gone.

Honestly it seems whatever tiny insigificant niche I find happiness in, someone takes it away.

Yeah I guess this sounds paranoid. It's what eventually happens.

I feel like I want to start over on a new game...but hopefully my B vitamin issues are slowly going under control as the mouth sores are not getting any worse and I had less of a drugged feeling this morning, I was able to walk to the store after the dentist today. So I really don't want to get heavily involved in anything online because I really only want to do these things when I'd too sick to go do other things such as take care of issues....I wanted to sit back and enjoy my account after I saved up all the gold for a while. I did want to cut back as I got energy to do things...but keep it as a positive thing in my life to play with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-09-2007, 03:50 AM
Banned

I don't know if it's ever been mentioned in any of your threads, but have you thought about therapy? I'm serious, i'm not making fun of you. You seem to have a lot of issues, health & otherwise. Maybe talking to someone who can help you might just do that.
#3 Old 01-09-2007, 10:32 AM

I'm really sorry that you got scammed. I'll be honest here and admit that I used to play neopets a few years ago, and also lost a very old account. I had millions and nice painted pets and rare items and all that stuff. I spent so much time at auctions and restocking and got really good at it. I accumulated so much stuff, and it made me happy, because I felt like I was worth something when I played that game. When I got scammed, I realized how silly I was being for caring so much about a game. I realized it was time to find happiness somewhere else.

That helped me stop playing. I spent more time doing things that I should've been doing all along - reading, doing homework, going outside, exercising, making crafts, etc... Maybe you could find some other hobbies to replace Gaia.

You said playing the game was like the only happy thing you had in your life at the time. It's important to find happiness within yourself. If you start taking up new hobbies, you may find a new happiness in the art you create, or the nature you spend time with. There are things that will always be there for you, while virtual pixels of gold in a computer game will not.

I'm sorry again that you got scammed. Maybe this can be a lesson learned.
#4 Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Veggie Regular

This is one of the reasons that I don't play MMORPGs; some people really, really suck. And I would be upset too if I was in your situation.

Do you play console games too, or DS games? You might enjoy Nintendogs or something like that, where other people can't interfere and you won't get your account randomly deleted. You can also connect to other people through the internet with certain games, like Mario Kart.
#5 Old 01-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I cannot go to therapy because guess what, they scammed me too!. I can fill another whole rant with that. I havn't just gotten scammed on games, I've been scammed/robbed out of real money several times. Every time I let my guard down and gave anyone my trust, they end up hurting me.

I'm not doing this because I'm bored or have nothing to do.

When you are so exhausted/drained, computer is pretty much the only thing you can do besides watch TV. Not that I'd quit playing otherwise, but I'd do other things as well and play less. Next I eat all my meals by my computer or TV because I find eating boring.

Typical reply?...get off your fat ass and do stuff..Unfortunatly I cannot even acheive a fat ass. If the choice is between sitting in bed or being propped up on my computer chair at least being entertained, then I choose that.

The little energy I have is quickly drained doing the massages that I'm forced to do. Massage is not something that gives your energy despite what some think, it's a workout that draws from a body's energy reserves.

I didn't learn anything because the scam was parially due to a computer glitch which another player used to take advantage of and steal my gold.

Actually it might be worse if I fell for an actual scam because then I'd have my own stupid gullible actions to regret. On the other hand, admin types never replace things lost with computer glitches.

Unless your work is some kind of service, the money and work can very much be stolen. Someone can very well ruin your attempts at home business by stealing everything you have. Um...I should know ( fill in another rant here).

As for other hobbies, hobbies cost money, which is why I don't do them very often. I need money for my career , paying bills and high nutrition needs.

The only hobby I can think of that doesn't cost extra money is working on my campy sci fi stories. Unfortunatly I have no inspiration for that. I only write when I'm inspired to do so. Otherwise I'll sit there staring at a blank screen. Unfortunatly I need something to happen to create that inspiration. Even worse...I can't write a damn thing without pictures to go along with it. Feedback is nearly impossible because I'm too self conscious to share my stories.

I might try console games eventually if there's RP potential. I'm not leaving Gaia, because I plan to to back and black-mail the person who scammed me.
#6 Old 01-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I know janie mentioned this already but how about reading? I'm pretty sure library cards are free...unless something has changed over the years. There are so many fun books out there!

i've never heard of these online games. I'm gonna check it out tho.
#7 Old 01-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Library cards cost $2 now. At least, mine did. Grr. It's a one-time fee, at least.
#8 Old 01-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena99 View Post

Library cards cost $2 now. At least, mine did. Grr. It's a one-time fee, at least.

yep, i'm out of touch. i haven't had a regular library card in years.
#9 Old 01-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I lost ~400 gold once in WoW because I put things up for auction then stopped playing for a while. (sold $$ and unsold auctions get returned to mailbox - all mail expires after a month) I logged on one day (31st or 32nd day) and it was all gone. I had lost 200g or so a similar way in the past - they wouldn't refund it.

yeah, so I was upset for about 10-20~ minutes. Not so much that I lost my fake money, but because it represented the time it took to make that money.

After that, I realized that I was taking this game WAY to seriously, and stopped playing. Haven't played in about ~5 months now. (was up to 5-6 hours/day at one point_)
#10 Old 01-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Veggie Regular

If you play gaia would you do me a favor and use my char as reference so I get gold?.

I'm really into replacing my few hobbies with career oriented things which is what reading is for me. However I would read about my career again as the info is needed to apply. How shall I put, infomation is a functional thing to me, not a stress buster.
#11 Old 01-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Banned

I think if you want something badly enough, you'll work hard enough to get it.

Do you know anything about self-fulfilling prophecies?
#12 Old 01-09-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

As for other hobbies, hobbies cost money, which is why I don't do them very often.

Here are some hobbies that can be free or inexpensive:
  • taking walks
  • enjoying nature
  • sketching/drawing
  • birdwatching
  • reading
  • dancing
  • cross-stitching
  • scrapbooking
  • gardening
  • visiting museums
  • writing stories/poetry
  • photography
  • hiking
  • swimming

There are many others. Get creative! You may find something really fun to do that becomes a new hobby.
#13 Old 01-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Veggie Regular

cryptograms
#14 Old 01-09-2007, 09:43 PM

Ooh yeah. I love puzzlebooks!

You can order the old issues for a lot cheaper than the new ones. Like more than half-off sometimes.
#15 Old 01-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Apprecated, but most doesn't fit with my current problems I'm having with metabolism issues.

Physical activites are very limited and or not possible when suffering from B vitamin metabolim issues. Think of it as similiar to an anemic state. Exercise isn't a hobby, it's a physical need like eating or sleeping. That's like saying you eat or sleep as a hobby which to me is really creepy and weird.

Making things always costs money and IHO needs a purpose. If you make something, it's because you need that product or need to earn money. So to me it doesn't fit as a hobby.

If you want to enjoy nature around here, you have to drive somewhere, otherwise you'd be walking among miles of suburbia and houses. I can hike to the grocery store which is very nice...not a nature walk but it's very practical.

I abosolutly love the idea of going to museums later ( You do have good taste in hobbies after all) when I'm up to it.

Been going to the Bennington museum from time to time.

There are two other museums I'd love to go to within driving distance, however they do cost more money. MASSMOCA is awesome.

"think if you want something badly enough, you'll work hard enough to get it."

That's wonderful, try working HARD when you feel drained. Oh that's right, I did work hard and it contributed to me getting sicker again.
#16 Old 01-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Banned

Ah well, I tried to help. Again.
#17 Old 01-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, i don't know if you're physically up for it but you could try poi (fire twirling) or staff. www.homeofpoi.com

you don't need to purchase anything to get good at it and it takes time to get good. all you need is string (shoe laces) and a pair of socks or something. I loved doing it and boy did it give me some bi and tricepts! But again, it's kind of physical...not that physical. Or you could learn yoga (free online instruction all over the place), meditation, etc.

I don't know about these internet games. They seem like a huge time sucker but if you have the time why not.
#18 Old 01-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Veggie Regular

It's a neat suggestion, hopefully I can try it later on.

Yeah when you're working you have to be much more careful with the RPing and games because they are so much fun you won't want to go back to work or to bed sometimes. And yet it's hard to replace that kind of relaxation/de-stresser. Sometimes when I'd be really busy I'd quit too, not because I didn't have time since I do these things while I eat, but didn't have self control when I needed it.
#19 Old 01-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

If you make something, it's because you need that product or need to earn money. So to me it doesn't fit as a hobby.

Art needs no purpose other than to pour your heart onto a canvas. Whether that is words on paper or something else. Some times it is nice to do something for no other reason then to just do it.

Write a fantasy story?

Just for yourself? Your characters, your events, your outcome. Does that sound fun?

A casual nature walk is incredibly relaxing and a great destresser. You don't even need to build up a sweat. Just stroll and let it all in.

Just trying to help with ideas. I wish you luck. And will pray for God's peace over your life.
#20 Old 01-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

It's a neat suggestion, hopefully I can try it later on.

There are free lessons on the site i linked. It's a comprehensive site. They cover all the bases. Check out some of the videos they have of people spinning. I bet they will inspire you!
#21 Old 01-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Veggie Regular

"A casual nature walk is incredibly relaxing and a great destresser. You don't even need to build up a sweat. Just stroll and let it all in."

Yeah it is a good de-stresser if you have it available.

For a long time I was really unhappy because of my lack of self enpowerment forced me to live in town and thus have to drive places to experience any nature. I guess I've come to enjoy the advantages of town living so I don't miss it as much as I did, but I would still say it's the biggest drawback. Don't know which I'd choose now if I get self enpowered.

"Write a fantasy story?

Just for yourself? Your characters, your events, your outcome. Does that sound fun?"

Well yes I have my campy sci fi with the cliche type chars that a hobbyist writer creates that I adore.Myself is the only person I write for because I'm too self conscious ever to share the storyline.

I think being crazy about the chars I created is at least better then going crazy for some anime chars shown on CN. I was walking around on Gaia as my char and not Gaara49 or something heh.

Oh definatly, unfortunatly I'm just not a person who can just write, I need to be inspired by something. Dunno why since none of my stories are original material anyways.
#22 Old 01-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Veggie Regular

or LegoDrizzttts /nightelf hunter #21354235235 ?
#23 Old 01-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Veggie Regular

LOL yes...I wonder why some players want such awful names.
#24 Old 01-11-2007, 11:04 AM

I tried, sorry.
#25 Old 01-11-2007, 11:21 AM

I think you might find so much more enjoyment and self-fulfillment if you spread the veg world or demonstrate for animal rights. I find this is one of the best ways for me to forget my problems because I realize I have it so good compared to anyone of these animals.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page