Omini gifts for Vegan - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Banned

I received several gifts that were given with my lifestyle changes in mind. This was the best thought, from one of my daughters boyfriend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Beginner

That's great. I also recieved several vegan-friendly gifts such as vegan soap and cookbooks. But I also got a leather purse from my grandma who knows I'm vegan. I will hopefully be able to exchange it though.
#3 Old 12-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Same. I got vegan makeup and my friends checked to see if the lotion they game me wasnt tested on animals. But then my grandma (who also game me vegan makeup) gave me a leather necklace. My mom gave me really un-vegan candy. Not even veg, actually. Oh well...I gave it away.
#4 Old 12-26-2006, 06:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I still find that, as supportive as my family is, they don't completely understand the vegan lifestyle. Omni's don't always get the other aspects of being vegan, outside of the main diet issues. I just had a conversation with my cousin and she thought vegan meant no dairy. She had no idea about leather, wool, makeup, or even trace ingredients in food, etc.
#5 Old 12-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Beginner

My mom gave me a wool sweater. It's beautiful but... no... and I got tons of chocolate I won't eat. But in fairness, I haven't really told them, because they'd think the NO ANIMAL products was crazy. The food they're understanding with. All I ate on Christmas Eve was apple slices- all there was out of an entire buffet feast that was Vegan, and they didn't get annoyed.
#6 Old 12-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Veggie Regular

My step-son and his girlfriend got me a new cookbook. Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson. It looks like most, if not all, of the recipes are vegan or list vegan alternatives.

I've been looking for veggie recipes that I can make in my slow cooker because I'm working two jobs now and sometimes I'm just too busy to cook. I've been making extra food on my days off and warming it up on my busy days. Now I have a whole book of recipes that will cook while I'm getting some sleep. (I work nights and sleep in the afternoon.) It's nice to have a hot, fresh alternative to warmed up leftovers.
#7 Old 12-26-2006, 09:58 PM

in both my stockings from my mum and dad i got plenty of vegan chocolate and yummys (e.g. chocolate mousse. yum!). i also got a vegan cookbook (125 vegan recipes - they are all pretty easy and contain ingrediants i always have: just what i needed) and the recent issue of a vegetarian magazine.
#8 Old 12-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Veggie Regular

i got some vegan friendly body wash and shampoo. and a bunch of non vegan cookies and fudge.
#9 Old 12-27-2006, 11:18 AM

I got a very nice gift basket from my aunt and uncle. It was a vegan dinner for two and a cookbook.
#10 Old 12-30-2006, 12:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I got 'vegan cupcakes take over the world' and 'how it all vegan.' my new year's resolution...make and eat lotsa cupcakes.
#11 Old 12-30-2006, 02:59 AM
Beginner

my niece gave me a purse made from man made materials -- that was really thoughtful of her. i also received a popcorn tin with 3 flavors, non vegan, but my hubby and kids are eating that.

then my kids brought me to a vegan chinese restaurant -- it was great!
#12 Old 12-30-2006, 08:29 AM

I was bought a cheese board with matching knives off my longest friend?????

Other than that, got nice pressies of family, jewellry, vegan chocs, etc.

Debs
#13 Old 12-30-2006, 09:19 AM

I recieved a subscription to Vegetarian Times and two vegan zine books "Soy Not Oi" and "Please Don't Feed the Bears". I also got two other books on vegetarian cooking.
#14 Old 01-01-2007, 08:49 PM

I got animal rights shirts, animal rights buttons, books on animalrights and an animal rights message totebag. I also received a vegan cookbook.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page