Would I be a perv if... hypothetically, of course... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok, hypothetically, what if I "accidentally" found that youtube has a whole lot of videos of very young, hot, somewhat effeminate emo boys kissing each other. And let's say, hypothetically, of course, let's say, a person much older, liked watching these videos, would that make that person a perv? I personally don't think so. It's just that they look so young. These are the same kinds of guys said person lusted after in hypothetical person's youth. Maybe it's just nostalgia.

Hmm, now where did I put all my old black clothing and eyeliner??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I think I'll need more information before I can make a judgment on this one. Links please.

#3 Old 11-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

#4 Old 11-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes.
#5 Old 11-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

And let's say, hypothetically, of course, let's say, a person much older, liked watching these videos, would that make that person a perv?

Is this person at the same time rubbing carrot juice in his/her nether regions while watching Grumpy Old Men (1993)? If not, then I would say no.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#6 Old 11-20-2006, 06:35 PM
American Made, Rebel Born

uh.. i second mayuko

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#7 Old 11-20-2006, 07:57 PM

How young is young?
#8 Old 11-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiejanie View Post

How young is young?

That's part of it. I don't know for sure. I would say late teens, early twenties.

Well, here is one example.

There are dozens of these videos out there. All basically photo montages set to IMO bad music with crude messages from the author (some teenage girl) about how hot the guys are. There are also dozens of photo site albums of many of the same photos (the same photos are used over and over).

This seems to be a real hot fetish among the young ladies who are similar to how I was as a teen). There is even a petition "Emo boys kissing is the sexiest thing eva!"

An urban dictionary definition of emo boy (pretty accurate, too)

Quote:
A male person, typically between the ages of 20 to 35, whose lugubrial nature is firmly entrenched within a policy of excessively up-to-date fashions and self-apologetic philosophies. While it may seem that the emo boy is a sensitive and sincere archetype, most instances are typically narcissistically and oedipally motivated approval-seekers by nature who achieve catharsis with the perpetual maintenence and acknowledgement of a perfectly inoffensive facade as subconsciously and consciously constructed by the emo boy himself. The emo boy is a child of the women's rights movement through the mid-to-late twentieth century and the wrongfully antagonistic public perceptions associated with modern feminism; emo boys gather much of their inspiration from the more nihilistic aspects of 1980's rock/punk bands, typically due to it's prolifically morose tones and androgynous fashions. In other words, the emo boy is a xy chromosome-based apology for the sinful excesses of a patriarchal society, achieved chiefly through the adoption of more stereotypically feminine traits while outwardly denying identification with the more stereotypically bad male attributes and behaviours. Non-muscular, distant, quietly vain, sensitive, nice, cultured, apologetic, and intimately dark; the emo boy chooses to correlate as closely as possible to the label of 'deep' through careful censorship and grooming, rather than by way of erudition and direct illumination (which could be viewed as adversarial or condescending) even though the average emo boy displays a higher capacity for intellect than most other male fashion-identifiable cliques.

Too shy to speak to her directly, the emo boy watched the dancing object of his adoration from a darkened booth and reflected bitterly upon the futility of his love-life.

#9 Old 11-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Those guys clearly look like they're in their 20s. I don't think there's anything pervy about it... so you enjoy watching 20-something males kiss. Is that any more pervy than a 30-year-old man (40, 50, 60...etc) enjoying watching two 20-year-old females kiss (and do other things...)? Isn't that pretty normal in our culture?

You're fine, Thalia.
#10 Old 11-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd rather look at muscular army guys kissing.
#11 Old 11-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

I'd rather look at muscular army guys kissing.

* dashes off to youtube *

Nec Aspera Terrent
#12 Old 11-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Nec Aspera Terrent
#13 Old 11-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Veggie Regular

okay, so a search for army men kissing didn't turn anything up, BUT when I just searched for "men kissing"...

wooHOO!!

Nec Aspera Terrent
#14 Old 11-21-2006, 12:09 AM
seeker and optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

Ok, hypothetically, what if I "accidentally" found that youtube has a whole lot of videos of very young, hot, somewhat effeminate emo boys kissing each other.

Thanks for defining emo... although i know plenty of those boys, i wasn't familiar with the term... i was thinking you meant "en my opinion" HA...

i'm helpless

edited for spelling
#15 Old 11-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

okay, so a search for army men kissing didn't turn anything up, BUT when I just searched for "men kissing"...

wooHOO!!

Any army guys in that mix?
#16 Old 11-21-2006, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

wooHOO!!

#17 Old 11-21-2006, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

Those guys clearly look like they're in their 20s. I don't think there's anything pervy about it... so you enjoy watching 20-something males kiss. Is that any more pervy than a 30-year-old man (40, 50, 60...etc) enjoying watching two 20-year-old females kiss (and do other things...)? Isn't that pretty normal in our culture?

You're fine, Thalia.

Ditto.
#18 Old 11-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Veggie Regular

I get soo many different reactions about this kind of topic when raised here and there. Some people are dead set against the idea of older people "appreciating" younger people. They think it is just plain pervy.

This seems to be a less judgemental bunch...
#19 Old 11-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Do you find it gross or disgusting to watch two 70-80-year-olds kiss?

I remember years ago hearing my 20-something coworkers at the nursing home gossiping about a particular female resident and a particular male resident. The female resident, allegedly, always ate breakfast in her room so she could perform oral sex on the male resident, who would frequently feign illness to keep from going down to the dining room.

OK, whatever. The oddest thing was the way the 20-somethings talked about it. One 25-year-old kept saying it was so gross to think about, how she didn't know what the residents saw in each other, blah blah blah. Meanwhile, a similar relationship between two 20-somethings had her begging for more details.

Maybe the 20-somethings had a hard time thinking of the 70-80-year-old set as sexual beings. *shrugs*

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#20 Old 11-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

Any army guys in that mix?

Yep. [youtube]Vtolya-hD3g[/youtube]
#21 Old 11-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Veggie Regular

#22 Old 11-22-2006, 06:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Well as long as they aren't 12 years old or something, I see nothing wrong with enjoying some eye candy.

When I'm less tired I'll have to come back here and take a look at these videos to judge for myself

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page