football addict here - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-13-2006, 05:09 PM

pats fan here, betting on a 13 - 3 season.

what teams do you follow and what player can't you stand?

i've been by NE all my live, geographical location mainly, thank god there not bad. i could see the league better w/o the likes of Terrel Owens - who is running his mouth once again about getting the ball more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I married a Skins fan so I've learned to become one myself. (I recently spent a fortune buying a Portis jersey for hubby). as for players I can't stand probably Terrel Owens - same reasons (also he's playing for the Cowboys now)

my favorite player is Portis how could you not love him
LL
#3 Old 10-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Hah! I'm not a football fan myself, but wait til Goat sees this thread!

*this space not for sale*
#4 Old 10-18-2006, 07:11 AM

not very many football fans on this site hu?
#5 Old 10-18-2006, 09:03 AM

I'm a football junkie through and through. Though I prefer the college game to the pro game.

I have to love Portis because I grew up a fan of the U (though I'm not saying that very loudly this season and especially after this past weekend's activities).
#6 Old 10-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Well I am a VT alumni, a hardcore Ravens fan, and a fantasy football addict. Let's jsut say that in the last 2 weeks my I am a combined 1-5 between the hokies/ravens/fastasy.

It has been a rough couple weeks...
#7 Old 10-18-2006, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyVT View Post

Well I am a VT alumni, a hardcore Ravens fan, and a fantasy football addict. Let's jsut say that in the last 2 weeks my I am a combined 1-5 between the hokies/ravens/fastasy.

It has been a rough couple weeks...

Ouch! Yeah, I couldn't believe Va Tech lost to BC the other night. They're struggling this year.

At least you aren't a Miami fan right now........
#8 Old 10-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Ouch! Yeah, I couldn't believe Va Tech lost to BC the other night. They're struggling this year.

We are suffering from what Miami suffered last year. Piss poor new QB play and bad offensive playcalling...actaully that sounds like FSU also. A lot of people are calling for a QB change, not to mention we all hate our offensive cordinator. This season is basically over and it is time to start building up for next season.
#9 Old 10-18-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:

We are suffering from what Miami suffered last year. Piss poor new QB play and bad offensive playcalling...actaully that sounds like FSU also. A lot of people are calling for a QB change, not to mention we all hate our offensive cordinator. This season is basically over and it is time to start building up for next season.

Mikey,

Unfortunately Miami made a move and got a new OC and it didn't make any difference (could they have possibly made any bigger deal out of Miami going to more of a 3-step drop game? Like the 3-step drop is a new, novel concept). Kyle Wright was one of the top two QB's coming out of high school the year he was recruited (I think Rivals.com actually had him rated higher than Chris Leak). Maybe he's just not that good? Either way, Larry Coker has got to be gone after the season.

Yeah, FSU fans have to be going nuts. Weatherfood had a very good freshman season and Lorenzo Booker was supposed to be a Reggie Bush type player coming out of high school. Their offense is very disappointing. Jeff Bowden is no Mark Richt.
#10 Old 10-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Jeff Bowden couldnt scheme an offensive gameplan if god droped one at his feet. The lack of production they get out of their offense when you consider the players they have at skill positions is pathetic. There is noone that should be able to match up with their WRs.

It is kind of hard to fire Bowden but he isnt geting anything out of his talent anymore.

So is Coker finally geting fired after this year? 3 years to late...
#11 Old 10-18-2006, 03:42 PM

Quote:

Jeff Bowden couldnt scheme an offensive gameplan if god droped one at his feet. The lack of production they get out of their offense when you consider the players they have at skill positions is pathetic. There is noone that should be able to match up with their WRs.

It is kind of hard to fire Bowden but he isnt geting anything out of his talent anymore.

So is Coker finally geting fired after this year? 3 years to late...

Coker is as good as gone. It's too bad really. Great guy, but not the best head coach. Even when he had those two great teams, they were very undisciplined and committed way too many penalties.

They're talking about Schiano from Rutgers or bringing Butch Davis back. I'm all for Butch; he's the real reason they won those 2 national championships (note: I am forever protesting the loss to Ohio State). 4 years ago, they were what USC is today. Great winning program, all the recruits wanted to go there. If they can, they should bring him back.

Yeah, Jeff Bowden gets great talent every year, but they can't do anything with it. I don't know if Bobby Bowden will fire his son though.......

And I'm not kidding, when Lorenzo Booker came out of high school, they talked about him being the next Marshall Faulk. He either isn't as good as they thought, or he hasn't been coached up.

Florida is really on the come too. Even though they lost, Meyer has done a terrific job recruiting and he's an outstanding coach. They may be the top program in a year or two. Especially when Leak leaves and Tebow runs the team (Leak is a good QB, but that's not the right system for him).
#12 Old 10-19-2006, 07:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Even when he had those two great teams

I think even I could have coached those two teams to the NC w/ the talent o that team...but hey the onyl reason you did so wel in '00 was because vick was hurt when you played VT!

hehe...yeah Florida is looking good. I didn't know how Meyer was going to be able to translate that offense into the SEC but he is doing well.
#13 Old 10-19-2006, 08:27 AM

Quote:

I think even I could have coached those two teams to the NC w/ the talent o that team...but hey the onyl reason you did so wel in '00 was because vick was hurt when you played VT!

All I remember from that Florida State/Va Tech National Title game was thinking "holy sh**, Michael Vick is amazing." Up until last year (when Vince Young gave one of the best performances I've ever seen in any sport), that was the most dominant performance in a college football game I had seen by one player (Tommy Frazier versus Florida was up there too).
#14 Old 10-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Banned

I'm like a football addict, only with illegal pharmacuticals.

ebola

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page