Anyone donate long hair? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I was wondering if anyone likes to grow their hair and donate it to Locks of Love when it gets really long? www.locksoflove.org They make wigs for chidren with this disease where their hair falls out.

I just cut my hair this past weekend (so now my avatar portrait isn't as accurate). The ponytail I cut off was eleven inches. Yay. This is the second time I am donating. the first time was two years go. That is kind of how long it took for it to grow long enough again. It has to be at least ten inches. I think it is pretty cool to do though. Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I've done it twice. The first time it was 13 inches. The second time (New Years gift to myself) it was 11 inches. They were about 18 months apart. My hair grows very fast. Not sure I want to do it again for a while though. I like my hair better long. Right now that's what I'm going for. I can french braid it once again now. Took awhile. It's nice since it's soooo HHHOOOTTTTT here.
#3 Old 07-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, 13 inches. Yea, what made me cut mine was the weather, how I was just wearing it up all the time and being annoyed by it, so it was time to cut it again and donate it. I like my hair long, but everything is so much easier when it is short.
#4 Old 07-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I donated about a foot to a uk charity doing the same thing ages ago, but i thought locks for love gave children synthetic wigs because they grow too fast? I've got about 3ft i could donate, but it's in dreads so i dont think anyone will take it even if i cut it!
#5 Old 07-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopedanny View Post

I donated about a foot to a uk charity doing the same thing ages ago, but i thought locks for love gave children synthetic wigs because they grow too fast? I've got about 3ft i could donate, but it's in dreads so i dont think anyone will take it even if i cut it!

I am not sure what you mean by growing too fast? According to their website they make them real-hair wigs I think.

That is absolutely amazing you got your hair that long. I don't know if mine can grow that long. Some people I know say it stops at a certain length? I don't know.
#6 Old 07-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Yep, I donated 12". It was fun.
#7 Old 07-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I gave them 23" right before my last birthday. Before and after photos can be found in the album.
#8 Old 07-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Veggie Regular

My hair is short and fried. I have cut a lot of hair for the donations. I think a change like that for a good cause is awesome.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page