Painful yet funny accidents - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Beginner

On Thursday everyone went to a river to play around and when we left we all piled into a truck and a subaru to go to the other cars we didn't dare bring down the trails and I was in the corner of the bed of the truck and the driver got the bright idea to go fast through a puddle and I bounced up in the air far enough to stand straight up and go forward onto someone else and bounce off and be caught by one of my friends before I could go over the edge of the tailgate. Only thing about it is I wasn't caught before I slammed into the top of the tailgate on my butt. Long story short I now have a broken tail bone and it hurts...alot. It's not broken in half or anything but it is cracked enough to move from side to side depending on which side I sit on and lean. I can't sit straight down though. I have to lean or lay down on my side. I was just wondering if anyone else had a funny experience like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, if you call sliding down the basement stairs on your butt funny, then yes! I didn't break my tailbone but it was badly bruised. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it could be a few months before your's fully heals. Mine was sore for a good 8-10 weeks. And there's not much that can be done for it, either.
#3 Old 07-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Banned

I've cracked my tailbone twice. Once, I was 13 and sledding/snowboarding in a gravel pit (don't ask.) The 2nd time I was 16 and someone bounced me up on a teeter totter to where I came down really hard.
#4 Old 07-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Ouch!
#5 Old 07-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Beginner

I don't think I'll be able to sit right for a while either lol. I think I can survive though.
#6 Old 07-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

One I messed up my own tailbone while backyard wrestling with some friends.

I jumped on one guy's back and he wasn't expecting it so we fell over backwards and I landed on my tailbone. I had a hard time moving at all for about 2 months, it had been knocked out of joint.

Then I was with my best friend at her grandma's place and she was messing around with me and punched me really hard in the tailbone where it was all screwed up. She wound up grabbing me pain killers and when I woke up the next morning all the pain was gone.
#7 Old 07-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I did something horrid to my tailbone when I was in middle school. I was standing on an exercise trampoline, talking with my sister. She gave me a little shove, and I, not expecting it, fell back onto the bar that rings the trampoline. My tailbone hit the bar. I'd never felt pain like that before, not even when I drove a nail up into my big toe. I couldn't sit properly for weeks because it hurt so bad.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#8 Old 07-10-2006, 03:37 PM

This should be called the "Tailbone Accident" thread. Those are some painful stories!
#9 Old 07-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Okay, I'll bring up a non-tailbone story!

When I was five-ish I was 'ice skating' in my socks through my parents' bathroom on the wet floor and ended up falling - my left cheek landed right onto the corner of their solid marble bathtub corner, a sharp point, not rounded...

To this day (more than 16 years later) I have a "dimple" that I constantly point out to people is actually a scar from where the marble corner ripped all the way through my cheek! At least it got me in the perfect spot... I could have ended up being the one-eyed girl!
#10 Old 07-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Beginner

When I was 13 I was hanging out in my friend's tree, and I always had trouble getting out of the tree, it freaked me out. Anyway, I decided to swing down from a branch...

My hands slipped as I swung and I fell flat on my stomach, knocked the wind out of myself and hurt my ribs somehow(Mom wouldn't take me to the doctor to see what was wrong). My ribs hurt for three months afterward. It hurt so much to bend down, which I had to do all the time because one of my chores was to pick up the dog poo
#11 Old 07-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Veggie Regular

We can laugh now, a decade after the incident, but at the time I wasn't smiling...

When my son was 12, he broke his foot, requiring orthopedic surgery. He spent the rest of the summer in a cast with a couple of metal pins sticking out of his toe. All because his swim coach lectured the kids about avoiding junk food before a meet, which for some reason compelled my son to kick a concrete wall.
#12 Old 07-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow ... he kicked that wall HARD! Has he considered taking up soccer?
#13 Old 07-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Veggie Regular

growing up we were having a family shin dig at our house- i think my sister's graduatoin... anyway, i was around twelve and riding my brothers bike. i turned around without looking and ran into a car bumper, slid down onto the "boy bar" and ouch.

I spent the rest of the party at the kitchen table, holding ice on my "sore spots".

it was a source of entertainment for all who passed by.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page