Avalon Organics - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Beginner

I wrote to Avalon Organics inquiring about their Vegan products because they didn't blatantly say "Our products are vegan and they sent me this letter. I don't know if anyone cares but I figured someone would like to know...

Hi Carol,

Avalon Natural Products are 100% vegetarian-friendly, with the majority appropriate for vegan lifestyles. The following products do not meet vegan guidelines:

*Avalon Organics Baby AO - Protective A, D & E Ointment: Beeswax, (vitamin D) from

Lanolin Baby AO - Soothing Zinc Diaper Balm: (vitamin D) from Lanolin *Alba Moisturizing Cream Shave: Lanolin Lipcare 18 SPF: Beeswax, Lanolin Terra Tints: Beeswax, Lanolin Hawaiian - Sugar Cane Body Polish: Honey *Un-Petroleum Natural Lip Balm: Beeswax, Lanolin Multi-Purpose Jelly: Beeswax\t

We offer a unique collection of quality personal care products for caring consumers seeking natural, organic and cruelty-free ingredient alternatives within the vegetarian ethic.

We continually strive for the finest possible formulations with superior efficacy and optimum benefits. We make maximum use of ingredients derived from natural plant sources, including vegetable and nut oils, plant waxes, herbal extracts and pure essential oils.

We reject ingredients that are by-products of the meat and fishing industry such as gelatin, tallow, collagen, elastin, squalene, and others. We also reject all cruelly obtained animal ingredients such as musk, castoreum and cochineal (carmine). While, the vegetarian ethic allows for the use of humanely derived milk, honey, beeswax and lanolin (from trimmed wool), only a very limited number of our products contain one of these ingredients.

Avalon makes every attempt to offer a full range of quality personal care products that can meet and exceed strict vegan standards. However, if our products cannot meet your specific personal needs, we fully support your continued product search.

Sincerely,

The folks at Avalon

It's good that they explained to me what the vegetarian ethic allows, otherwise I would have no idea.... because I'm just a VEGAN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page