Yo! Question about a peircing here. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Not sure where I should put this... but, I hope someone knows the answer.

Hey, guys!

I just ordered a notched talon for my lip/labret peircing, and it swings around a lot. It doesn't bother me, but I thought that they were supposed to stay in place on your chin.

I am new to this. Does anyone know if it should be swinging around, or what? I have a smaller base for it, which keeps it more in place, but I just wanted to check before switching it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm having issues picturing the exact problem (I'm having a stoopid day) but is the bar too long? If that's the problem and you can't buy a shorter one, try PTFE and just cut it to the best lenth.
#3 Old 06-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoska View Post

I'm having issues picturing the exact problem (I'm having a stoopid day) but is the bar too long? If that's the problem and you can't buy a shorter one, try PTFE and just cut it to the best lenth.

See, thats the thing... I have never had a talon before, so I have no idea if it is too long or if it is supposed to move around like this.

To help you better, here is what I mean:

I tilt my head to the side a little, my jewelery falls that way. I tilt my head foreward, the talon tilts up towards my nose.

It is fine... if I keep my head upright.
#4 Old 06-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Veggie Regular

That certainly shouldn't be happening to that degree. It will put pressure on the hole, and you could end up with it migrating and/or rejecting. Or, a tear.

I'm assuming that the weight of the talon isn't the problem.

So, if it were me I'd

a)check the bar length (although you don't want it too tight of course).

b) check the gauge. - you could need a larger one.

I'm not much help! Sorry!
#5 Old 06-26-2006, 05:13 PM

Maybe you should get the main part (the part that goes through your lip) at a larger gauge
#6 Old 06-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't have a lip piercing, so I'm not sure how talons work, but I do know that a lot of places sell longer rings/jewlery than is necessary as starter jewlery while you're still swollen and healing ... You'll find that often with tongue, nipple, belly and lip jewlery ... maybe check to make sure you ordered a regular talon and not one that's meant for a fresh piercing? That's all I got... not much help Good luck!
#7 Old 06-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOdomination View Post

Maybe you should get the main part (the part that goes through your lip) at a larger gauge

Good idea, by the way.... If I've learned one thing from getting my piercings, it's that you should never assume you're being pierced with the gauge that is considered "normal." My eyebrow was pierced at a 12 gauge, which the piercer told me was the gauge they always used for eyebrows... then I found out that no place sold 12-gauge eyebrow rings (belly rings are 12, but are too long for an eyebrow) - so I had to let it shrink down to a 14/16-gauge to wear my new jewlery. You may be in a similar situation... you may just have to order your size online if it's not the gauge most people have.
#8 Old 06-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Veggie Regular

I will check the gauge thing. You see, the thing is, I peirced it myself. It could possibly be a bigger gauge.
#9 Old 06-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok... I have a 14 gauge in a 12 gauge piercing... So... Anyone know where I could purchase just the back part? I can't find anywhere that just sells the back.
#10 Old 06-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Would it hurt to just pust a larger gauge in, as if stretching? I only have a ten gauge laying around... I mean, 12 isn't that much smaller than ten, right? The ten fits, but will it be ok?
#11 Old 06-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Does anyone know where I can purchase one? I called up all of my local piercing shops, and they only have 14 gauges. If someone has a shop nearby that has a 12 gauge piece, I would be willing to work out some payment option. I really want to get this right, hehe!
#12 Old 06-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I found a 12 gauge peice!.... but, unfortunately, it is way too long and sticks out a lot. It is a straight barbell from my brothers frenum piercing!.... Now, I really do not want my brothers penis in my face, if you get my drift, so I am still looking for a piece if anybody has some information
#13 Old 06-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Veggie Regular

You may have luck here:

www.bmeshop.com

www.wildcat.co.uk

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/

They all ship internationally and generally have a good range of stuff. My personal fave is the last link but other people I know have been lucky with the others.
#14 Old 06-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Banned

p-i-e-r-c-i-n-g.
#15 Old 06-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry, spelling bee winner!

I could give a **** how I spell things.

Hence this sentence:

U aint no-ones mommey biotch.
#16 Old 06-30-2006, 07:38 PM

How fresh is the piercing? If it's completely healed than I wouldn't worry about it, but if it's not healed than you need the right jewelry in there. It needs to be sterilized in a autoclave and big enough to keep out invading infections.
#17 Old 06-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussyj View Post

I found a 12 gauge peice!.... but, unfortunately, it is way too long and sticks out a lot. It is a straight barbell from my brothers frenum piercing!.... Now, I really do not want my brothers penis in my face, if you get my drift, so I am still looking for a piece if anybody has some information

#18 Old 06-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussyj View Post

I will check the gauge thing. You see, the thing is, I peirced it myself. It could possibly be a bigger gauge.

Ah, there's your problem, sir.

I would suggest stretching/shrinking it to the "norm" so you don't have to go to crazy lengths and prices every time you want a new piece of jewlery!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page