Gratitude-What are YOU grateful for? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Albert Schweitzer said:

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.

Seems like a great topic for a thread

Here's a place to post things (people etc.) that you are grateful for

I am starting out with work-related things because I need to get off the computer and get to work!

So:

I am grateful I have so many great clients who appreciate me (and pay me so well!).

I am grateful that I love all my jobs and get to work only when and with those people I choose.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Baby Love

I'm grateful for my puppies for giving me a reason to get up every day, even when things were at their worst.

#3 Old 06-25-2006, 11:45 AM

Great idea.

I'm grateful for waking up next to my fiance every day and for falling asleep next to him every night.

And I'm grateful for my little gerbils, too.
#4 Old 06-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for my loving family,and that I could afford to buy a plane ticket to visit my sister next week!

I'm also grateful for my wonderful friend who belly danced at my little sister's birthday party with me yesterday!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#5 Old 06-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for my beautiful baby. he always makes me happy when I'm upset.

I'm grateful for ryan. he's always so sweet and caring.
#6 Old 06-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for my beautiful baby. he always makes me happy when I'm upset.

I'm grateful for ryan. he's always so sweet and caring.
#7 Old 06-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful to love and be loved by the most wonderful guy in the world.

I'm grateful for my job, my friends, and my furry children.

I'm grateful to be moving back to a preschool teaching position on Thursday. No more middle school classes. (The students, I'll miss. The hours, I won't.)
#8 Old 06-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Veggie Regular

YAY for LOVE

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#9 Old 06-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for all my friends. They brighten up my life and offer me so much support and love.

I'm also grateful for my lover. He's a wonderful person, and it's lovely to be with him. Even though I'm only going to be with him for just another week, I feel very lucky to have met him.
#10 Old 06-25-2006, 06:37 PM

This is going to sound so corny.

This thread is so happy - I love reading it!
#11 Old 06-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful to my friends and family for [almost] always supporting me and giving me the oppurtunities I need to succeed.

I'm grateful for everyone at VB for being such a close-knit and caring community.
#12 Old 06-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I am grateful to Misq17 for being the most helpful, friendly and fair mod ever!

#13 Old 06-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

I am grateful to Misq17 for being the most helpful, friendly and fair mod ever!

I'm grateful to ahmisa for giving me a really good laugh.

I'm grateful to the people who run my local library.
#14 Old 06-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Banned

i'm grateful for my sanity and happiness and health- having come through major depression and allergies and feeling vile in my teens, now when i feel a bit down or am having a bad day or my tummy hurts, etc, i can do it with a joyful perspective knowing that where i've been is a damn sight worse than where i am now and where i'm headed, and i can really see how far i've come, lol.

i'm grateful for my man, who accepts and loves and supports me no matter how random i'm being (its even cute, apparently ! )- to have him as my 6 foot hulk of a rock to lean on and snuggle upto, and for my parents and family, whom i get on so much better with now i'm on another continent to them- being cared about and accepted by those around me means a great deal, and makes a lot of difference to my day to day life!

i'm also really grateful that i grew up and continue to experience life in a part of the world where even when i'm broke, i have a standard of living that so many people in other countries don't- with access to food and education and medical care, and living under a government that doesn't oppress my every thought and movement.

lots to be thankful for!
#15 Old 06-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for kids who can make their own dinners (and mine!) once in a while.

I'm grateful my garden is growing despite weeks of soggy weather.

I'm grateful for understanding friends who listen and offer great advice!

I'm grateful for parents who were (still are) loving and supportive and raised me to be a responsible, self-reliant adult, even though at the time I thought they were old-fashioned, strict and conservative.
#16 Old 06-25-2006, 10:55 PM

I am grateful for every single person that has cross my path for giving me the reason to understand the meaning of life and to continue to live for it.

I am grateful to be part of VB.

I am grateful for being me.
#17 Old 06-26-2006, 03:01 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm greatful for Ava and Abigail (the cats) because they are always and forever the loves of my heart.

I'm greatful for my Caroline (the wife) because she's everything I ever imagined in a partner

I'm greatful for music becasue I'm in a guitar coma right now because I've been listening to the most beautiful music all night.
#18 Old 06-26-2006, 03:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm greatful that fools and their money are easily separated.
#19 Old 06-26-2006, 04:25 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for all the obvious things....my family, new in-laws!....friends. My job which I don't love as much as I used to but I am grateful I have a job. My home, humble and small as it is, at least I have a roof over my head. My hair, even though I have more bad hair days than good ones, at least I have hair. My face with each tiny new wrinkle that appears, at least I have a face and I am living long enough to get wrinkles!!!!
#20 Old 06-26-2006, 05:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for vb. I know so much more now.
#21 Old 06-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Banned

Having such a fantastic, respectful and loving BF

no responsibilities

digital scales
#22 Old 06-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I am grateful that my Sweetie starts a new job today

He is so happy about it and I am so proud of him for going after what he really wants.

I'm glad I have a such a wonderful man in my life. He's so supportive of me and loves me just as I am.

I'm so glad that I have such an amazing Daughter

She is so wise, so passionate about her future, full of hope and she reminds me why being bitter is not the happiest or healthiest path.

I'm so glad I have cornbread baking in the oven

#23 Old 06-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Ankle Biter

I am grateful for the son who has such a wonderful life ahead of him, full of possibilities and promise.

I am grateful for the daughter who has taught me that simplicity and perserverance are wonderful attributes.

I am grateful for the DH who has been my best bud for 25 years and is still fun in the sack.

I am grateful for the beasts who have agreed to share my life and allow me to share theirs (even the dog breath kisses!).

I am grateful for health, home and a career that is emotionally satisfying.

And I am grateful for finding support and really cool people on VB!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#24 Old 06-26-2006, 08:52 AM

I'm grateful for being able to get scholarships to go to college. I'll be the first female in my entire family to graduate!
#25 Old 06-26-2006, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahjayn1980 View Post

Oh, congratulations! That's very exciting. Where did / will you attend?

I am grateful for my new teaching position (I am going back to a school I taught at before). I am so excited to be re-entering such a loving environment!

Thanks I'm attending the University of Pittsburgh's College of Business Administration.

What level of school do you teach?
#26 Old 06-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful I have food, shelter, and clothing. Plus a steady job, loving family, and trustworthy friends.

I'm grateful I don't remember all the stupid and/or unrealistic decisions I made and things I said. Forgetting is such a blessing sometimes.

I'm grateful for the 95% of VB who have never been perpatrators in issues worthy of mod attention.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#27 Old 06-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post

I'm grateful for the 95% of VB who have never been perpatrators in issues worthy of mod attention.

Are you also grateful for the other 5% who have been on thier best behavior after that one time they were 'punished' and understood the boundaries more clearly?

#28 Old 06-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I am grateful for my wife, a wonderful, loving, exciting woman.

I'm grateful for two sons who are both out of the house and in college

I'm grateful for my health

I'm grateful to be able to live in a land of plenty and have all that I need

I'm grateful to live in a fantastic part of the world

I'm grateful to have been able to visit all of the wonderful places I've been able to

I'm grateful for Pandora.com that's keeping me entertained on slow days at work ;-)
#29 Old 06-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful I live in a neighborhood where it's safe to keep your doors unlocked.
#30 Old 06-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

I'm grateful I live in a neighborhood where it's safe to keep your doors unlocked.

WOW! Such a place still exists? Lucky you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page