Gratitude-What are YOU grateful for? - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 02-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Beginner

This week I'm especially greatful that my college is doing a lot to raise awareness for Eating Disorders Awareness Week!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 02-27-2007, 10:12 PM

Greatful to undercover investigators who look the most heinous cruelties and horrific suffering in the eye, so that the rest of us may know the awful truth about animal exploitation, and do something about it.

Grateful to my companion animals. Their personalities, beauty, and combination of mysterious complexities and simple joys make every day better, and remind me of the grandeur of the universe and our obligation to its magnificent creatures.

Grateful to vegan restaurants. I can have anything on the menu, I don't have to ask any questions. Glory be!
#93 Old 02-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm feeling very grateful for everyone who participates in veggieboards. I have only run into a few communities which are as wonderful as this one. You folks are wonderful!
#94 Old 02-28-2008, 03:12 AM
Veggie Regular

#95 Old 02-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Beginner

Great thread!

I am insanely grateful for everyone at St Jude and Le Bonheur Children's Hospitals. Thank you!
#96 Old 02-28-2008, 07:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I am grateful for my amazing Daughter and wonderful Man.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#97 Old 02-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I am grateful for my lovely bf, and for all my friends. They are a joy to have.
#98 Old 02-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for experience. Each and every one I've ever had.

I'm grateful for love, without it there's nothing.

I'm grateful for my happiness.

I'm grateful that I've let go of the frustration and negative energy I was holding onto yesterday!!

I'm grateful for VB, without this community who knows how my journey towards veganism would be coming along.

I'm grateful for Ahimsa starting this thread....it's filled with so much love and light and wonderful energy!! I love it!!

I could go on and on but I'll save more for later!! Peace & Love!!
#99 Old 02-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Veggie Regular

P.S. I'm grateful for asp3 whose words have given me back the motivation and drive I was looking for!! Thank you with all my heart!! Peace & Love!!
#100 Old 02-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for this moment, now.

I'm grateful for friendship. For support and encouragement. For laughter and tears.

I'm grateful for having the security that comes with knowing you can truly trust someone and confide in them.

I'm grateful for the experiences that have led me to today, both good and bad, as they've shaped my life into what it is today.

I'm grateful for music, art and creative expression. All those things that gets what's beautiful inside of us out where we can share it with others.

I'm very deeply grateful for my relationship. The past year (plus some) has been one of the most memorable of my life to date.

I'm also very grateful for the VBers that I'm lucky enough to call my friends.

You all have been wonderful. Your kindness, support and all the laughs and frustrations and memories rock my world.

#101 Old 02-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Veggie Regular

[QUOTE=Brandon][color=green]

I'm grateful for this moment, now.

Me too!!
#102 Old 02-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for my neighbor who has a snow blower and always does my walk, too. I'm grateful that my bf likes to sleep so close to me. I'm grateful he doesn't snore.
#103 Old 02-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful my dizziness was only anemia and not my fibromyalgia.
#104 Old 02-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for my sweet husband, I'm grateful to be alive, I'm grateful for my other friends and family, and I'm grateful that I'm alive, and healthy.
#105 Old 02-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Veggie Regular

High fructose corn syrup
#106 Old 02-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for the anti-genital-mutilation thread.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#107 Old 02-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

High fructose corn syrup

Me too. I need my daily dose of Mountain Dew.
#108 Old 02-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I'm grateful for the anti-genital-mutilation thread.

And I'm grateful that you can't let that thread die.
#109 Old 02-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful for yoga, for Buddha, for language, for food, for familial love and for the fact that someday I'll find romantic love again.
#110 Old 02-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful my grandmother has come home from the hospital. For my parents understanding and respecting my choices. I'm grateful I finally got to know my father. I'm grateful I found my sisters.

For my health, for my ability, for the opportunities, that C-sections exist, that I'm extremely well taken care of... oh gee this is hard, lol. I'm very grateful, let me say that.
#111 Old 01-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful that my daughter is well, healthy and happy.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#112 Old 01-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful that my back is better. I'm grateful for my husband, my children, my parents, and my extended family. I'm grateful for my two best friends on the planet. I'm grateful to have what I need.

The opposite of war isn't peace. It's creation!
#113 Old 01-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful you have all you do too!

#114 Old 01-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks. I generally think that when I'm feeling actively ungrateful, it is because I am focusing on things that I want rather than need.

That said, I overdid it a little with my back today, so I'm thankful that I have anoter day of rest before going back to work on Monday.

#115 Old 01-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Veggie Regular

i'm grateful for everything i have...family, friends, health, a job and a cool refuge/my apartment.

carpe vegiem
#116 Old 01-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm grateful that my parents paid for college and I didn't have to struggle through or pay for it myself like some people I know did. I'm sure that's why many people don't finish.

I'm grateful that my mother did not die after her stroke last year and can sometimes walk unassisted now.

I'm grateful that I was fortunate enough to be born in the Western world.

I'm grateful that I have a job that pays relatively well.
#117 Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post

I'm grateful that my mother did not die after her stroke last year and can sometimes walk unassisted now.

That's huge!

#118 Old 01-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsschu2u View Post

That's huge!

Mom had her stroke the day before Easter last year so I don't talk about it much here since it wasn't a "fresh" event when I joined, but in a nutshell she had a massive stroke and spent over a month in the hospital and in-patient rehab. She's still in physical, occupational, and speech therapy on an out-patient basis. She cannot button her own clothes and she has trouble feeding herself sometimes (she makes a mess) and is still blind in one eye and half-blind in the other but she is making progress little by little, day by day. She is also diabetic so she has that to deal with as well but she has also lost almost 40 pounds since the stroke and it has made a huge difference in how she manages her diabetes which is good.

Yay mom! She will probably never drive again or never be able to live independently but most importantly, she is still HERE and she is mostly still herself. Her personality has changed; she's a lot more blunt than she used to be; but that's not really a bad thing!
#119 Old 01-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post

Mom had her stroke the day before Easter last year so I don't talk about it much here since it wasn't a "fresh" event when I joined, but in a nutshell she had a massive stroke and spent over a month in the hospital and in-patient rehab. She's still in physical, occupational, and speech therapy on an out-patient basis. She cannot button her own clothes and she has trouble feeding herself sometimes (she makes a mess) and is still blind in one eye and half-blind in the other but she is making progress little by little, day by day. She is also diabetic so she has that to deal with as well but she has also lost almost 40 pounds since the stroke and it has made a huge difference in how she manages her diabetes which is good.

Yay mom! She will probably never drive again or never be able to live independently but most importantly, she is still HERE and she is mostly still herself. Her personality has changed; she's a lot more blunt than she used to be; but that's not really a bad thing!

I'm glad she's still here and that you value her. She's lucky to have a caring daughter.

#120 Old 01-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

I'm glad she's still here and that you value her. She's lucky to have a caring daughter.

Thank you, I need to hear that. My brother thinks I'm lazy because I don't go over there and wait on her and my father hand and foot, but my father is retired and fully capable of caring for both of them himself. It has actually been good for their relationship and she slaved over him for so many years that it's only fair that he return the favor now.

I did go over there and help clean out the kitchen and also gave my dad some basic cooking lessons and some good healthy cookbooks approved by mom's dietician. He loves the Eating Well Diabetic cookbook. I have a copy of it myself so I have an arsenal of recipes to choose from when I am cooking for her. I'm becoming somewhat of an expert at "pimping" cake and other dessert recipes to be sugar-free and stroke patient-safe. And they both LOVE my sugar-free cheesecake. Dad's eyes light up whenever I make one and bring it over. He LOVES it!

For Christmas I made one flavored with orange essence with homemade sugar-free cranberry sauce swirled in. It was gorgeous and VERY tasty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page