worst thing you ever ate - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

i remember once a balogna, cheese wizz and ketchup sandwich... it made me vomit a pink mush... one of the stupidest things ive done.

what are some sick things y'all ever remember eating?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Every single time my mother made me eat liver.
#3 Old 04-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Veggie Regular

A kind of sushi that came in a veggie sushi combo. I didn't like the texture. I stuffed it in my mouth and... yeah... the texture. Made me feel like I was going to puke. I would have if I didn't spit it back out on the table. I felt bad but better that than my vomit.
#4 Old 04-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a memory of first grade where I ate the school's shepard's pie. I had one scoop of the beef portion and I gagged instantly. I never ate school beef again after that. Weird how that is one of my most visual memories of first grade.
#5 Old 04-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Veggie Regular

i wonder how many times an omni ever gets that grossed after eating veggie food?
#6 Old 04-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Lobster. Oysters. Mussels. EW.

I know that I've eaten frog legs and snails before, but I don't remember them being gross.
#7 Old 04-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Veggie Regular

omochi and bean paste doughnuts. It was years ago, but the thought still makes me shudder...
#8 Old 04-21-2006, 08:38 PM

My parents made me eat cows tongue once.
#9 Old 04-21-2006, 08:46 PM

About 16 years ago I was at the shore and we were at a restaurant on the water (big friken deal right!)..anyway...i wanted to LIVE BIG so I ordered the 'young veal'.

My wife told me what they do with it that night and I almost threw up! I was so upset for days!

I come from a huge meat eating family and this is how I grew up, but I always loved animals. Always hated hunting as far back as I can remember and NEVER had any interest although my family was big into it. I was always so sad when my dad said he was going hunting..never understood it, BUT I still ate friken meat!!!!!!!

Now that I finally WOKE UP (6 1/2 years now) I treat animals the way they should be treated and I hate when people brag about the veal they had last night!
#10 Old 04-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I did also make some pumpkin-corn griddle cakes a few months ago that came out completely inedible. The recipe called for egg, I substituted NRG, and it didn't work. They were like slightly pumpkin-flavored Play-do. Yecchhh. We chunked them in the woods, and I'm not even sure if the wildlife would eat them! I think that's the worst vegetarian thing I've ever tried to eat.
#11 Old 04-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoska View Post

omochi and bean paste doughnuts. It was years ago, but the thought still makes me shudder...

Wow, you must have had some really crappily-made ones. Either that, or you're just totally insane hehe Chinese donuts are awwwweeeeesome!! Well, good ones, anyway...

I've eaten some pretty gross things in my life, including scrapple, bologna, spam, White Castle food... those are definitely among the worst. I can't remember eating anything particularly foul since going veg, but about 3 years ago I became horribly sick after eating homemade vegan Rice Krispies treats. We made them with VeganSweets and they didn't taste weird or anything.. but come 3am that morning (they were the last thing I ate before going to bed), I wretched violently until about 10pm the next night. I hate to put a black mark against them, but I will never be able to VeganSweets marshmallows (or Rice Krispy treats) ever again.
#12 Old 04-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrylove View Post

Now that I finally WOKE UP (6 1/2 years now) I treat animals the way they should be treated and I hate when people brag about the veal they had last night!

we got one that can SEE!

you know, from "they live"? one of the coolest movies ever.. thats the best quote ever... btw...
#13 Old 04-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Veggie Regular

My mother forced me to eat asperagus...boiled to mush

After I left home it took me 10 years before I would come near that veggie again
#14 Old 04-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Veggie Regular

aahh!!! i cant think of any veggies i liked boiled except for potatos... boiled in chicken stock.. mmm!!!
#15 Old 04-22-2006, 05:03 AM
Veggie Regular

brussel sprouts without question. i was force fed them as a kid, and i still can't face them. thinking about it makes me gag worse than thinking of eating dead cow!
#16 Old 04-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Veggie Regular

One time my dad made me try shrimp and I bit off the tail because I didn't know you weren't supposed to eat it.

My parents went to Guadeloupe one time and the people there fed them this soup with lobster in it and it had the antennae, the eyeballs, the eggsack and everything. My mom made my dad eat hers. They also fed one man who went there monkey brains. Ugh! And to them these things were delicacies.
#17 Old 04-22-2006, 06:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgirl View Post

One time my dad made me try shrimp and I bit off the tail because I didn't know you weren't supposed to eat it.

Several members of my family intentionally eat the tails. :shrug:
#18 Old 04-22-2006, 07:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Thankfully my omnivorous days didn't include lots of different meats, but I know I've eaten: chicken, ground beef, turkey, jello, tuna, pork and hotdogs/sausages. I've eaten a salmon before, but it was gross. I've never eaten steak or bacon in my life (I tried a little piece of both at a friends house, but I thought they were disgusting). The grossest was probably shrimp, yuck!!!

Man, it seems awful now that I think about what I've eaten in my life. I guess I've only been veg*n for 2 out of almost 16 years of my life, about 13%

of my life.
#19 Old 04-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

those bolgna and cheese lunchables - I used to live on thoses

prunes - in the school cafeteria, I was in first grade and thought they were giant raisins

spaghetti os - the meatball and hot dog varieties - lived on these in college

pork chops - mom used to make me eat pork chops and even as I kid I didn't like meat too much
#20 Old 04-22-2006, 08:25 AM
Veggie Regular

A steamed clam. My uncle said he'd give me five dollars to eat it, but it was so rubbery. I just couldn't swallow it.
#21 Old 04-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Noodles and cow intestines cooked in pig's blood.

Was one of those (pre-veg) situations where I felt I couldn't refuse to eat (student's uncle had taken me to a very expensive restaurant to thank me for teaching his nephew), but could barely force myself to swallow. Spent most of the meal praying I wouldn't puke in front of my host and managed not to ... but spent the next two days on my knees in front of the porcelain god as a result.

Come to think of it, being vegetarian in Asia spares more than just the animals pain and suffering.
#22 Old 04-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeesh, I think MorningCalm might be the winner.

My worst was that time that my brother gave me $5 to eat a raw oyster. It would have been bad enough if I could have swallowed it whole, but it was too big...I had to chew it. Urgh, I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it.
#23 Old 04-22-2006, 03:33 PM

Spam.
#24 Old 04-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Don't ever eat hamster alfalfa wheels! Grossness! (Was it Tess who had a roach tomato snadwich, though?)
#25 Old 04-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post

Several members of my family intentionally eat the tails. :shrug:

The tails are very sharp on the ends (look at a raw whole shrimp). That would worry me.
#26 Old 04-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post

i remember once a balogna, cheese wizz and ketchup sandwich... it made me vomit a pink mush... one of the stupidest things ive done.

what are some sick things y'all ever remember eating?

Balout (sp) which is a Phillipino delicousy. One takes an egg and buries it in the ground for a few days crack the shell and gulp it down..... very nasty!

Wasn't to fond of kempshie either which is a Korean cabbage dish.
#27 Old 04-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

lol @ Bugsy...bologna, ketchup and whitebread sandwiches = the joy of my culinary childhood.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#28 Old 04-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

A burger that tasted like blood (from a burger van... shock!), an off bacon sandwich.. and i just hate mussels and blue cheese!!
#29 Old 04-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Veggie Regular

rocky mountain oysters...

yuck
#30 Old 04-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

Don't ever eat hamster alfalfa wheels! Grossness! (Was it Tess who had a roach tomato snadwich, though?)

No, thank goodness. I think that was Diana.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page