VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Veggie Patch (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/)
-   -   On the flip side, what is something you LIKE about yourself? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/489-flip-side-what-something-you-like-about-yourself.html)

GhostUser 01-28-2003 09:30 AM

Just thought a little bit of positivity could go a long way. Sometimes it's so much harder to come up with something you like about yourself than it is to pick out things you don't like...

I like that I am a faithful thank-you-note writer.

I like that I refuse to do things out of obligation (in my personal life).

I like that I keep an open mind and consider all alternatives before arriving at a decision.

YOUR TURN.

GhostUser 01-28-2003 09:42 AM

I am very compassionate and understanding.

I have very strong will-power.

I am an independent woman.

I am successful in my career.

I am able to love unconditionally.

I speak my mind even when it is not the popular opinion.

I stand-up for the underdog and am not intimidated easily.

And lastly, something superfiscial, I have beautiful hair

Funkified 01-28-2003 12:26 PM

i like the fact that when i get a running start, i can fly.

WonderRandy 01-28-2003 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Funkified

i like the fact that when i get a running start, i can fly.

that's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard!!

GhostUser 01-28-2003 12:33 PM

LOL Do you leap tall buildings in a single bound too??? I like that in a girl!

Funkified 01-28-2003 12:41 PM

only on the second Tuesday of each month, Ruthie

and thank you, randywonderman!

GhostUser 01-28-2003 12:45 PM

Hey, you're like the spice in the chili...without flavoring it'd be really dull and bland (that's a compliment)

That's what I like about you being here (because you didn't post anything about yourself I did it for ya, hope you don't mind).

Baby 01-28-2003 12:53 PM

I like that I love to learn

I like that I love to make new friends, and keep old ones.

I like that I'm compassionate.

I like that I can sit in the stillness of myself.

I like that I have enough dedication, and disipline to seek excellence.

I like that in general, the world thinks I'm attractive, even when I don't.

WonderRandy 01-28-2003 01:11 PM

can I just copy Baby's list? this is hard...

GhostUser 01-28-2003 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WonderRandy

can I just copy Baby's list? this is hard...

Ain't it?

Robert 01-28-2003 02:37 PM

I like the fact that it takes me a long time to get pissed off. I have the ability to laugh a lot of things off.

Example: a couple of years ago my GF came home and told me there was something wrong with the car, it had noticeably less power than normal and had smoke coming out of it and it smelled really funny.

She had driven 10 miles from the University to the house. I checked the car, she drove the entire way with the emergency brake on and, so, a brake job was needed. What can you do, I thought it was funny.

ObsidianZebra 01-28-2003 03:04 PM

I'm strong willed, independant, I love helping people & animals.. and i'm a pretty decent cook

Funkified 01-28-2003 04:06 PM

hey thanks ruthie you got some freakin' spice to you too!

Kurmudgeon 01-28-2003 06:29 PM

I like that I'm a damn good cook.

Baby 01-28-2003 08:11 PM

I keep having love rushes reading what people like about themselves, even if they're reluctant to declare anything. Great thread!

1vegan 01-29-2003 06:01 AM

Something positive.

That I some times do things that make me scared.

I doubt if I should do I, but even though do it.

Like sending the whole company an email:

Its world Vegan day! *copy and paste press release *

And therefore I offer every one a Vegan cookie!

Come and get it.

Max Power 01-29-2003 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FemmeDemonica

I like that I am a faithful thank-you-note writer.

Sadly, a lost art. Right on, Fem!

I like how I'm a lot like my father and how I want to be more like my father. and how anything else I like about myself comes from that.

Skylark 01-29-2003 10:15 AM

I like how I've steadily improved in matters of consideration for other people, knowlege from which to share, and vision for the future.

I like how I manage to write lots of newspaper articles that other people deeply appreciate and find useful even if I thought the article was crap.

I like how yesterday I was very well behaved in what I ate.

I like how my motor vehicle driving skill has improved, and that I was motivated to make it so.

I like how yesterday I focused more on schoolwork and career related things than VB. Hate to say it, but VB doesn't pay much financially.

Funkified 01-29-2003 10:16 AM

i like that i'm passionate about numerous things.

i like that i support the USPS by writing real letters, often.

Skylark 01-29-2003 10:17 AM

I like that I save so much money by NOT sending hardly anything via USPS... email, fax, hand delivery all the way!

Funkified 01-29-2003 10:23 AM

oh yeah, hand delivery is the best, but it's kinda difficult to run over to various US states, as well aslondon and switzerland. as much as i wish i could, heh...

and as much as i use email i prefer an actual hand written letter (given or receiving SOO much more). i dont give my email address to some of my friends for fear they would lose the art of letter writing. i probably write letters as much as i use email, actually. and i mean, not skimpy ass letters, i put effort into the things for pages and pages

plus, my best friend is currently a mailman, so i have to support him!

Max Power 01-29-2003 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Funkified

i like that i support the USPS by writing real letters, often.

That's one of the things I've always said that I didn't like about funkmaster J - that she's a USPS apologist. Sigh.

No, really, I do hate the USPS. It is privitization gone horribly wrong. It's all about UPS, baby. Get down with Brown!

Music Girl 01-29-2003 01:28 PM

I am honest.

and kind.

and faithful.

and a great cook.

I am intelligent.

and when I love, I love completely.

Skylark 01-29-2003 04:31 PM

I do agree with Funk about there being a difference between handwritten letters and typed/emailed letters. It's a different technology, and people tend to ascribe different feelings and emotions to divergent technologies.

I like my capacity to understand and thoroughly enjoy communication theory.

I like how oftentimes when I am made aware of a personal problem that I have, I feel so horrible about it that I must change. I'll not make certain mistakes ever again in my life.

luckiecharms 01-29-2003 08:27 PM

I dont do anything like drugs or anything that bad so thats what I like about myself.

GhostUser 01-30-2003 10:38 AM

I like that I don't do any illegal drugs and don't drink often. Though, sometimes a few shots are needed. I also like my will power and dedication towards some stuff.

WonderRandy 01-30-2003 02:41 PM

I like that:

I am honest.

I am creative.

I am caring.

I am funny.

I live my life according to my beliefs.

I am strong.

I am happy.

I am determined.

I am a good friend.

I have learned a lot of lessons in my life.

I have a lot of lessons left to learn.

I am undeniably, unquestionably, unapologetically ME

Skylark 01-30-2003 04:04 PM

My boss at the writing center at my college pointed out today that he wishes he had my organizational skills. Apparently my organization came up in a conversation he had with my academic advisor. HA I HAVE MANAGED TO FOOL EVERYONE!!!! Except for me and my family. They know I'm a slob much of the time. Like it's not at least partly their fault--I grew up around messy people who wanted to be cleaner but never really were, so I adopted their habits for my private life. Academically and employmentally I crave organization to an extent, which is why my boss and advisor think I'm the organization queen.

Avalon 01-30-2003 06:33 PM

Hmmmm.

I like my singing voice.

I like the music I have written a whole lot.

I like that, when pressed, I can actually exhibit some old fashioned common sense, and a whole lot o' gumption.

And also, I like my boobs.

Seadolphin 01-30-2003 06:37 PM

I like that I'm strong in my beliefs & that I don't lose sight of them.