"Supersize Me" documentary maker causes stir - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Veggie Regular

It's a shame the message of anti-fast food has to be lost in his use of profanity. Personally, I think adults in high schools should serve as role models. If he's trying to reach kids they might think it's cool, but the "stir" is distracting.

His fiance/girlfriend is a vegan chef who helped him detox from his experiment with McDonalds food. She even wrote her own book.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,189157,00.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-27-2006, 10:31 PM

uncool.
#3 Old 03-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Looks like the month of McDonald's blocked the arteries feeding his brain. Jerk.
#4 Old 03-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow as mom of a kid in special ed that's really hurtful...
#5 Old 03-28-2006, 10:40 AM

Take this article with a grain of salt.

First, it's a FOX NEWS source, those guys are not at all enamored with Spurlock, plus: "a board member of the Hatboro-Horsham Education Foundation, which sponsored the appearance, owns a franchise.".

Those are two reasons why I would probably try to find independant confirmation of this story before flying off the handle.
#6 Old 03-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Veggie Regular

He sort of says he's sorry http://blogs.indiewire.com/morganspurlock/ I'm going to let it go and not dwell on it too much. I think the bad thing is his insensitive remarks are going to overshadow his message.
#7 Old 03-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Plus I am still going to tell people to rent Supersize Me if they can
#8 Old 03-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Veggie Regular

thanks for the link...he does dispute some of the misquotes on foxnews:

"First and most importantly, it should be made clear that the only person I called retarded was myself when I was unable to hear a question from the audience. Having done work with special needs children in the past, something this hurtful would never come from my lips. I did make an aside about kids sleeping in the back wearing helmets, which was done with no malicious intent (I was playing it as a slacker reference to the Jon Heder character in the upcoming film Benchwarmers, a reference which was lost and, as I was later told, there were no actual students wearing helmets in the back).

I have also been portrayed as someone who spewed profanity for a full hour. To set the record straight, I said only five dirty words during the entire speech.

The Superintendent said to me backstage that the only words he had problems with were the F-Bombs, (of which there were only two) so perhaps I should have toned down even those two uses, but as another student told me, its nothing they hadnt heard before."
#9 Old 03-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

Gotta love Faux news.
#10 Old 03-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstutzma View Post

Gotta love Faux news.

i love it when john stewart on the daily show rips apart fox news...it's soooo funny
#11 Old 03-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post

Take this article with a grain of salt.

First, it's a FOX NEWS source, those guys are not at all enamored with Spurlock, plus: "a board member of the Hatboro-Horsham Education Foundation, which sponsored the appearance, owns a franchise.".

Those are two reasons why I would probably try to find independant confirmation of this story before flying off the handle.

That's exactly what I said on another message board, pointing out the same two things. Great minds think alike I guess.
#12 Old 03-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrykat View Post

He sort of says he's sorry http://blogs.indiewire.com/morganspurlock/ I'm going to let it go and not dwell on it too much. I think the bad thing is his insensitive remarks are going to overshadow his message.

Thanks for the link.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page