My new job - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-08-2003, 02:16 PM

In a simple phrase - I love it!

I've been here almost a week and I enjoy waking up in the morning. It's turned out better then I imagined.

The company I work for does environmental work - from initial assessments, to testing, to *fixing* the problems. It's a company I can be proud to work for.

For two years, I've prayed and pleaded for a job that I would enjoy. I got angry so many times for not getting a job that I thought I wanted. But all of you were right. There was something better around the corner.

It's going to take me a while to get back on my financial feet, but I'm ok with that. For the first time in a long while, I'm not going to have to choose between food I want and food I can afford. I can buy veggie dogs anytime I want a BBQ now

I get my first paycheque next week and I promised everyone that I would treat myself. I deserve it.

Thanks for all your well wishes and good vibes. I needed them through a rough patch in my life.

Krista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-08-2003, 02:22 PM

I know everyone's gonna reply with this exact same thing, and it'll sound really empty and meaningless and like I'm kissing your ass, but I'm happy for you. Genuinely. i've learned a lot from your posts on this forum and i think you REALLY deserve this , so biiig congrats on your new job. Party on
#3 Old 07-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

cool, congrats. i think it's more important to have a job you enjoy than it is to make a lot of money, even if things are a bit tight because of it.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#4 Old 07-08-2003, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

YAY for you kristab.. you are in a wonderful place enjoy the ride...
#5 Old 07-08-2003, 02:28 PM

Well, I've been semi-employed for 2 years now. This job puts me back into the salary range I was once accustomed to. I just have to get over the horrors of 2 years without money issues that comes along in one's life
#6 Old 07-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Veggie Regular

yeah Krista, I'm very happy for you!!
#7 Old 07-08-2003, 02:56 PM
Veggie Regular

How exciting kristadb! Before you know it...you'll be buying the condiments for those veggie dogs and not freaking out if you waste a little!!!! I'm going to drink a glass of wine tonight in celebration of this great news!
#8 Old 07-08-2003, 03:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I have no reason to kiss your ass, personally. I'm just congratulating you on finding a job you enjoy. I wish everyone could say the same.
#9 Old 07-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Veggie Regular

YAY for Krista! Couldn't have happened to a nicer person!
#10 Old 07-08-2003, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm so glad that your new job makes you happy. Doing work that you feel good about makes all the difference in the world. Good for you!
#11 Old 07-08-2003, 11:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Congrats, Krista! It makes all the difference in the world to have a job that you like and it's even nicer when they pay you well for it.
#12 Old 07-09-2003, 12:01 AM
Veggie Regular

<-----------------------is insanely jealous.

You go girlie!

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#13 Old 07-09-2003, 12:14 AM

Thanks everyone.

Every morning, I slam the alarm clock off and mutter. Then, I realize that I have a job. I immediately come bounding out of bed, much to the disapproval of the cats who are anti-bounding.

Not only do I have a job that I am proud of, but I work for a company that I am proud of. They do assessments and tests on oil sites, both old and current, and then clean them up. THEY CLEAN THE ENVIRONMENT! They actually try to FIX the problems instead of creating. How cool is that?!?!?!?

I'm sure the novelty will wear off and I'll be back writing my book, so that I can sell it and make enough money to quit my job and write another book LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page