Mortgage companies??? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Banned

Ok weird place to post this I know... but I figure anything is worth a shot ;-)

My husband and I are shopping for a mortgage company.... anyone like theirs? Hate theirs? We are in Massachusetts fyi, so national or local-to-here lendor information would be most helpful. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-15-2006, 01:03 PM

I just signed a mortgage 2 months ago and the lendor already sold it to another company. I don't know if it matters all that much who you go with. One of the 79 pages I signed said there was 100% chance they would sell my loan. They weren't kidding.

I would look for a good broker. (check local independent publications) or ask anyone you know who purchased a home how they handled it. Brokers can generally go through a bunch of lenders and pick the best one for you.

good luck!

The broker I went with here in Portland was a progressive outfit that donated $$ from my application fee to local non-profits.
#3 Old 03-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm with Countrywide for both my regular mortgage and my home equity line. I like them and their online system is excellent.
#4 Old 03-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstutzma View Post

Ok weird place to post this I know... but I figure anything is worth a shot ;-)

My husband and I are shopping for a mortgage company.... anyone like theirs? Hate theirs? We are in Massachusetts fyi, so national or local-to-here lendor information would be most helpful. Thanks in advance!

I just saw a listing published and the top two were Bank of America and Wachovia. I don't remember what factors the rankings were based on. Bank of America gives fee discounts to account holders and you can get $100 for opening a checking account there and you can sign up for this program where when you use your debit card the leftover amount up to the next dollar goes in savings and they match it up to $350 in the first year.

IOW if Bank of America works for you opening a checking and savings account can save you on mortgage fees and get you a free $450.
#5 Old 03-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Banned

I actually already have a BOA account... so does my husband. Maybe we can look into it.... I also have an orange savings account, anyone know about the ING mortgage stuff?
#6 Old 03-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Veggie Regular

My parents have Bank of America. They are happy with it. They actually didn't sign up with Bank of America but the original company sold their mortgage to another company, who in turn sold it to Bank of America. This seems to be common practice.
#7 Old 03-15-2006, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiedog View Post

I'm with Countrywide for both my regular mortgage and my home equity line. I like them and their online system is excellent.

We have Countrywide also. I agree.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page