Jap Inclusive Language Forums & INSPIRATION STUFF for JAPAN-ese Language AND Culture! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-13-2006, 06:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Important Note: Seperate from this thread will be the **Official Thread of Constructive Classroom Mentality** that will start a bit later, when "Active Devisive Learning" comes into force ....The OTCCM, needs you as much as it needs me to get it going when the time comes!

ALSO:

When refering to my posts in the "JAPAN" nation (ref: countries forum) thread on the otherhand, that is not the thread in which to learn, what I have there is PREP ADVERTISMENT only on what will be the NEW thread called the OTCCM, and actually J-OTCCM betterstill... (J- for Jap, duh!)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
^^^^^^^^^^^^(FORTHCOMING that will be the BIG Interaction thread to immerse in the language for VBers in a seperate thread once we have established a few commonalities among us about whatever in THIS HERE THREAD meant as a jumpstart for INSPIRATION ~and~ RESOURCE and to see what opinions we get from a broad perspective no matter what source of learning you make do as your resource or directory of information etc, even if an anime comic, is serving as your inspiration).
((Spoiler-style to not distract from main content of thread BELOW)).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR:

ALL WHAT YOU SEE BELOW IS A PRELIMINARY INFO... FOR:

Jap Inclusive Language Forums & INSPIRATION STUFF for JAPAN-ese Language AND Culture!

(inviting speculative or semi-devisive info) RELATING TO WHOLE THREAD on 2 SUBJECTS "written in detail of idea" (BELOW):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To All.....

Recommended is to "Note All" here if you want but note this in BOLD *first* for Simplicity of idea........ for the sake of true cohesiveness amongst us and on-topic discussion! --->>>

YOU CAN INCLUDE *INSPIRATIONS* OF PRACTICALLY ANYTHING YOU LIKE RELATED TO JAPAN IN THIS THREAD, BUT PLEASE PREFERABLY WITH A VIEW TO LEARNING THE LANGUAGE TOO....*even if you fail to be inspired by this (preliminary) thread immediately as concerns lingo* you people not sure of yourselves will at some point maybe come back to LEARN THE LINGO As Well As BE INSPIRED (about the culture)....such is the idea of this thread... Its a MIX of japanese goodies, STS/ FYI as background fore-runner to being motivated!!!

DETAIL OF IDEA:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What are some places online you use to educate yourself in terms of culture and language, mainly concerning forums for lang learning, etc???

soooo, 2 THINGS, BOTH RELATED -}} Both are for me focusing on Japan(ese) ONLY !!!

1st Objective: LANGUAGE FORUMS: (language utilities, etc)

List jap/english (predominantly) language "forums" or other language tool, you can by all means list those here, maybe including what sort or brand of language software you find most useful too, etc, but keep it JAPANESE in the main.....

Using/mentioning (if necessary or helpful) 'mixed lang/OTHER forums' where the need arises for sake of learning japanese if you favor that personally... (in other words= if forums you know of, are forums which are multiple language forums, share those too and list those here alongside more specialized language forums dealing in just one language).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Optionally this too....2nd Objective....but definately not least! (related to above of course)

>>>>>>

if like me you are really into Japan, try this as well... Listing JAPANese inspirations....what appeals to you about JAPANese are there for you, please jot something as close to a list as you can manage!!!

I am working myself up for learning japanese in all aspects, or at least in as many things as possible to capture hint of, even if just in terms of imagining a thing, etc!

Lets maybe start off with inspirations, and forums intiution if you choose too ok?..... Maybe thats what will then get ppl interested in the language after appreciating sights and sounds of the culture!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-13-2006, 06:19 AM
Veggie Regular

OTHER THREAD: .....<also noteworthy for background info!!!!>

For learning specificly here on VB, please refer to my OTHER thread... in the VB Japan nation by nation thread.... here} https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ewpost&t=15887 .....Seeya there likewise if you find interest over there too, but that NEITHER is the OTCCM official thread which I am STILL PLANNING (Sort of ), which will appear in due course after resources and group effort and uniformity is established!!!!!!!!
#3 Old 02-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Lets start of with inspirations, ok?..... Maybe thats what will then get ppl interested in the language after appreciating sights and sounds of the culture!
#4 Old 02-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Veggie Regular

sorry are you asking for links to japanese forums? i don't know of any but i love the language, i would like to learn it someday. i took an intro to japan course in college as one of my electives, it was interesting. we learned how to read the characters and some basic sentence structure, i forget most of it now, and a bit about the culture and history etc. it's a great culture

my immediate interests lie mostly in anime though and starting to get into music

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#5 Old 02-14-2006, 12:41 AM

Lady Faile, what Japanese music do you like? I mean names of bands or singers.
#6 Old 02-14-2006, 12:54 AM
Veggie Regular

i'm just getting into it but so far i really like Do As Infinity and L'Arc-en-Ciel. usually though i just have an online radio channel going that plays a bit of everything, and if i hear something i like i add it to a list i have kicking around here somewhere. if i hear enough songs i like of a certain band i'll look into picking up the album.

other than that i don't know much about the music, i only got into it from watching anime actually, DAI does an awesome theme song on Inuyasha, that's what got me hooked on them

~Miyavi "Torture"
#7 Old 02-14-2006, 02:02 AM
Veggie Regular

i like a lot of japanese music. i want to be shiina ringo when i grow up. does that count as an inspiration?
#8 Old 02-14-2006, 03:01 AM

jref.com is an interesting forum with people from all over interested in Japanese language, culture and other stuff.
#9 Old 02-14-2006, 05:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaile View Post

sorry are you asking for links to japanese forums? i don't know of any but i love the language, i would like to learn it someday.

TO ANSWER directly your question Faile /....Other readers too of course!:

Yes, ANY forums for learning of japanese really, even your anime if only being casual!....but to learn proper I think are multiple lang forums inclusive of jap, quite simply, if useful, and if you're not distracted by other lingos happening in of a place like that.

I think btw, probably I'm learning most my stuff online in my case, for the most part.... (or to begin anyway).... soo anyhow.... here's what I assume about that....

Any forum I guess may provide something unique in its technique and knowledge base, etc, accordiing to what traffic and input of varied individuals it gets! Anyway, really I only mention "multiple language forums" in casualness as an aside, to be open-minded, for they may possibly be at least somewhat as good and adaptable and focused as the more specialized forums, who can say, each website is different. I don't know really whether you can rely on learning at just one forum at such a forum as that, one which houses an array of languages full of distractions, but like I say they're ok I guess......so long as quality is good and with people to match!

However better is that common sense likely tells us enrolling / signing up, attending a soley japanese forum (english or foreign based) should be essential and key as the main place to be in attendance at I figure, to guarantee your lessons stay true and will always attract those interested in the same language (without fail) on a regular basis, and with greater consistency and concentration (without a doubt I'd say).

BTW: I do have some forums noted already I'm sure and I will post those

just as soon as they're organized. I have such a lot of japanese links you

see, I've had to weed out some and catagorize and am still in the process

of sorting that......and btw: Great that you're interested LadyFaile. ^_^
#10 Old 02-14-2006, 07:42 AM
Veggie Regular

I think I've made a mess of this thread with too much graphical gramma.

I'm sorting it ALL to make more SIMPLIFIED, bear with me.......

ETA: Okay.. ALL IS FIXED *&* FORMATTED TO BE MADE READABLE *&* SIMPLIFIED, including NEW CLEARER TITLE (for this thread). ]

__________________________________________________ _______

Language Forums(Jap mainly) ...AND/or??... (if u plz) <Japan(ese) Language/Culture Inspirations>

...That^^ naf/old title replaced by this....

**AKA**

>>> Jap Inclusive Language Forums & INSPIRATION STUFF for JAPAN-ese Language AND Culture!
#11 Old 02-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Isn't "Jap" a racial slur?
#12 Old 02-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Veggie Regular

yes Peebs, but not the way I meant it, and there was no room left in the title for the whole word.
#13 Old 02-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Okay, but just so everyone is clear:

RACIST: "Japs all look the same."

NOT RACIST: "Japanese people all look the same."

-P

(I'm kidding.)
#14 Old 02-16-2006, 03:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Anyway.....lets keep this topical and on topic.

Jap is natural shortening of japanese obviously, and hence how can that be offensive. In my opinion thats that. Respect is granted if they want it, else if they don't mind, I use jap for short, but not as disrespect.

If its a slur on some japanese, they must think somehow different, each to their own.
#15 Old 02-16-2006, 04:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA~goth~UK View Post

Important Note: Seperate from this thread will be the **Official Thread of Constructive Classroom Mentality** that will start a bit later, when "Active Devisive Learning" comes into force ....The OTCCM, needs you as much as it needs me to get it going when the time comes!

ALSO:

When refering to my posts in the "JAPAN" nation (ref: countries forum) thread on the otherhand, that is not the thread in which to learn, what I have there is PREP ADVERTISMENT only on what will be the NEW thread called the OTCCM, and actually J-OTCCM betterstill... (J- for Jap, duh!)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
^^^^^^^^^^^^(FORTHCOMING that will be the BIG Interaction thread to immerse in the language for VBers in a seperate thread once we have established a few commonalities among us about whatever in THIS HERE THREAD meant as a jumpstart for INSPIRATION ~and~ RESOURCE and to see what opinions we get from a broad perspective no matter what source of learning you make do as your resource or directory of information etc, even if an anime comic, is serving as your inspiration).
((Spoiler-style to not distract from main content of thread BELOW)).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR:

ALL WHAT YOU SEE BELOW IS A PRELIMINARY INFO... FOR:

Jap Inclusive Language Forums & INSPIRATION STUFF for JAPAN-ese Language AND Culture!

(inviting speculative or semi-devisive info) RELATING TO WHOLE THREAD on 2 SUBJECTS "written in detail of idea" (BELOW):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To All.....

Recommended is to "Note All" here if you want but note this in BOLD *first* for Simplicity of idea........ for the sake of true cohesiveness amongst us and on-topic discussion! --->>>

YOU CAN INCLUDE *INSPIRATIONS* OF PRACTICALLY ANYTHING YOU LIKE RELATED TO JAPAN IN THIS THREAD, BUT PLEASE PREFERABLY WITH A VIEW TO LEARNING THE LANGUAGE TOO....*even if you fail to be inspired by this (preliminary) thread immediately as concerns lingo* you people not sure of yourselves will at some point maybe come back to LEARN THE LINGO As Well As BE INSPIRED (about the culture)....such is the idea of this thread... Its a MIX of japanese goodies, STS/ FYI as background fore-runner to being motivated!!!

DETAIL OF IDEA:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What are some places online you use to educate yourself in terms of culture and language, mainly concerning forums for lang learning, etc???

soooo, 2 THINGS, BOTH RELATED -}} Both are for me focusing on Japan(ese) ONLY !!!

1st Objective: LANGUAGE FORUMS: (language utilities, etc)

List jap/english (predominantly) language "forums" or other language tool, you can by all means list those here, maybe including what sort or brand of language software you find most useful too, etc, but keep it JAPANESE in the main.....

Using/mentioning (if necessary or helpful) 'mixed lang/OTHER forums' where the need arises for sake of learning japanese if you favor that personally... (in other words= if forums you know of, are forums which are multiple language forums, share those too and list those here alongside more specialized language forums dealing in just one language).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Optionally this too....2nd Objective....but definately not least! (related to above of course)

>>>>>>

if like me you are really into Japan, try this as well... Listing JAPANese inspirations....what appeals to you about JAPANese are there for you, please jot something as close to a list as you can manage!!!

I am working myself up for learning japanese in all aspects, or at least in as many things as possible to capture hint of, even if just in terms of imagining a thing, etc!

Lets maybe start off with inspirations, and forums intiution if you choose too ok?..... Maybe thats what will then get ppl interested in the language after appreciating sights and sounds of the culture!

Help, I need a translator!

for Japan-ese I mean.
#16 Old 03-09-2006, 03:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Everyone...

With recent revelations of crap (and old time crap as well) I ALMOST can't be bothered with this, its a tough call to know what to do about this thread and the NEW thread I had in mind purely to do with language, which I have been trying to get a moderator to open up (with a ludicrous amount of difficultly and MAJOR MISUNDERSTANDING BY MODS).....and so THAT new thread which I dubbed the OTCCM may rise from the ashes yet, although now it will NOT be called OTCCM. Anyway, hold tight for further actions on getting this going but interest must be apparent very soon else I will lose affection for it and all plans for this will go DOWN the tubes very rapidly and the chance WILL NOT come again if that happens, if I FLIP OUT (anytime now) at the dismal interest or VB apathy etc....

I appreciate my approach probably appears COMPLICATED to most, but thats okay since I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay past being insulted by confused people, you can check out whats here and make of it what you will if you think asking me to explain will only further complicate stuff....

None of that will flip me out, what will flip me out is simply me packing my bags to a more deserved place to set up a language seminar. I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH PERSONAL PROBLEM ENTERING INTO THIS, not helped by lack of ~ support in general ~ not that I care to make a thing of it but ya know.......

Simply, if people want this thread to continue you'll have to make yourself welcome, I'm just not in the right mindset for being hospitable to every renegade coming into the thread (those that may I mean, no-one has messed up yet in any big way), but I let you all know in advance either you people are interested or you're not. DEAD SIMPLE.
#17 Old 03-09-2006, 04:10 AM
Veggie Regular

btw:

when I write "JAPANese" like that, this is just indicating that persons should ideally express interest in both culture and language to get the best out of things (although not mandatory of course).....but if the interest is there for culture this also tends to show people are serious learners for language too and vice versa, and who actually like Japan, as opposed to people learning bits of just the language aspect for some

mundane reason only known to them which I find kind of offputting.
#18 Old 03-09-2006, 05:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA~goth~UK View Post

Kpickell, are you here genuinely into japanese or not really?

No, I'm not. I deleted my post.
#19 Old 03-09-2006, 06:07 AM
Veggie Regular

ok, as you will.....(thanks for letting me know at least).
#20 Old 03-09-2006, 06:11 AM
Veggie Regular

ok, as you will.....(thanks for letting me know at least)
#21 Old 03-10-2006, 02:01 AM
Veggie Regular

here are a few sites i found with a quick yahoo search.

http://www.freejapaneselessons.com/

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ft5k-ymd/learn.html

http://www.thejapanesepage.com/news.php

http://www.japanese-online.com/

if anyone's actually interested in learning i can post my college notes

~Miyavi "Torture"
#22 Old 03-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Veggie Regular

RANDOM RESOURCES/ FUN FACT FINDING... etc...

To keep things on a positive note (apres my narky ways) and to add to any list we come up with, I find this... [with RESOURCES in mind] Learning Elementary Japanese (see link) ...(with RESOURCES in mind, like FORUMS etc, but anyway this looks to me a good start, this site has nice appearance)

http://i33www.ira.uka.de/~bgarz/nihongoshoho

I'm also throwing in these couple of facts as a trigger for inspiration!

GOT THIS KNOWLEDGE AT SOME OTHER SITE:

Japanese is spoken in Japan, US, Brazil

Speaking Population= 135 Million Worldwide....

And well, although I include a gratuitous language fact there, this thread is more broader than just that, inclusive of a cultural incentive, with more or less ALL japanese RESOURCES at the heart of the campaign/drive-- applicable though please to the **center-focal of gaining info for more inspiration instigated by language** sooo right here is not just information for language although quite clearly that is the main drive of all my japanese threads to a greater or lesser extent

.......so in this way both threads offer something, both this and my more language specific ~thread, the agenda & idea of which is that "language of this country" (via actual language learning serving as the catalyst to wanting more insight on Japan per se)..... A reminder of the thread I speak of here for those interested in maximizing lingo input:

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=15887
#23 Old 03-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Sure, sounds like that might be suiting to this thread (I don't know where best really)...I mean afterall my other thread is REALLY "TEXT INTENSIVE" full of background to language structure information of how to get prepared with no "actual language learning" underway yet, BUT yeah if you wanna post an example of that HERE Faile, I'm sure it would be appreciated, but posting a sample first of all might be best (or betterstill, you can PM me with it so I can get a preview of whatcha got!!)
#24 Old 03-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

here are a few sites i found with a quick yahoo search.

http://www.freejapaneselessons.com/

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ft5k-ymd/learn.html

http://www.thejapanesepage.com/news.php

http://www.japanese-online.com/

cool! i've only seen the last one out of those *bookmarks*

another vote for you posting your notes... i have no idea where all mine are in this mess i call my bedroom
#25 Old 03-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Veggie Regular

How are you gonna be anything like japanese Mayuko, if you're all in a mess!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just before I get all philosophical and start rationing my explanations to then bleed dry any generosity I may or not have ....Check out this first paragraph......

This THREAD is slightly more free for all than my other thread,

.....which means movement is more free, to express what Japan means to us BUT respresented almost soley by which sites we choose or happen to engage with in order to learn about this great country.

CONFESSION DAY....(aka VA self respecting ways)....MY ATTITUDE TO *MY* HARD GAINED PERSONAL GATHERED LINK ASSORTMENT FOR POSTING ON VB.

As for me, I'm unsure what I will do, I'll offer something of course, I just don't know how much of my resource I'll be posting, I very much doubt ALL, but it really depends what the need is and why the interest to justify me posting what I got (if extensive- overwhelming/ or personal in some way to me)....

I guess I might have a change of heart and include more info than I intend to include currently (still negotiatiing with myself), but I've worked YEARS to gather up things and I don't think I should just hand over every site I know on a whim of what it may do, impact wise (for learning/for sharing) not least because of the mass of quantity of links....

But anyway I guess what I MIGHT do therefore is try to invite more people to VB (maybe outsiders) to get more influence & input so that IF I do end up posting a whole bunch of links I and everyone else can be in more experienced company.

Those of us already here (which will always be a minority probably) might make good company, but is that enough?

This is why I'm reluctant to go too big too soon (in order to invest my time/energy both past & present, with all that research and endeavour meeting at the focal point of now with YOU LOT, so this is why I'm tight, as well as possessive for intellect reasons I prefer to hold onto.....unless a flury of good posting occurs then who knows!!)

Maybe thats too tight sounding for some, but thats just fair to me and never without just cause for weighing up rational costs (for good reason I think) of why give all I've got to VB, when all maybe in vain anyway!!!!

However, I'll stick to positive and get outsiders in (TRY ANYWAY) to help and encourage us here, rather than get into VB internal relations.

What has anyone to trade with me is my attitude *sometimes*.... I have to be honest.....Hard to explain (without sounding WEIRD or HARSH) but thats me in a nutshell, seeking what gives from others, as well as pulling my own weight for something I got started, which I think is only FAIR.

just FYI.
#26 Old 03-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know about you lot and what you're into, but I'm concentrating mainly on SOFTWARE first of all (language software primarily, MY current big reign of topic) .... so if any links I show emerge, THAT will be this subject in creation/ in progress, as I post various findings for freeware found in for example google image search, for instant visual impression on how good a utility looks to be, and I'm working on READY MADE <emphasis> UTILITIES for allowing INSTANT TYPE CONVENIENCE (to save patience man! for enabling us all to type in japanese characters within a program, for now BEFORE worrying too much about the technicalities of Adapting Browser Functions and Encoding and Downloading and bla bla bla, and all of which is really quite a test to learn otherwise, depending I guess on what you hope to view on the web with what browser and which OS and god knows what other faculty of character viewing still to understand.

One of the first FREEWARES I am seeing is this, which looks great in order to sample how it feels (in plain notepad style) to write in Japanese!

See here http://www.language-museum.com/jn/index.php and give me some feedback/ opinion, and then compare it with stuff you all find to

reckon which is best (and for what reason)...
#27 Old 03-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Mention as I do above the encoding thing of characters or font or one thing and another, concerning languages, here's a simplified explanation of what Unicode is, I suspect the likes of which used for GlobalME, stuff like that, etc..

Quote:
*Unicode* is an international standard that provides a *single encoding* for all the worlds languages. [THUS] By adding support for Unicode, applications can create, process and display information in any language. This ensures that information isnt "lost" or misinterpreted because its not recognized by an application. It also enables developers to easily add new languages to applications while supporting a single code base, streamlining source code and eliminating the need to test and support multiple versions.

note INCIDENTLY:

For my XP windows or yours, you may not need to install GlobalME, as it should already be installed by default (but God knows how you work it, see my other thread for more tech thoughts on the matter).
#28 Old 03-16-2006, 05:09 PM

こんにちわ。

お元気ですか。

testing to see what happens.
#29 Old 03-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I only see squares natto freak, but I expect that, you whereas may actually be seeing the japanese character, of whatever you typed!
#30 Old 03-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

i don't see squares. it looks pretty cool.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page