Help with forum traffic? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-09-2006, 08:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a message board and I'm having problems with getting traffic. Other then personal friends, hardly anyone signs up, and when they do they don't even post (not sure why you'd waste time registering if you aren't planning to post). I've advertised the board on other boards, and I'm not sure what else I could do. Any ideas? (It's a multipurpose board that also includes (but isn't limited to) categories for anime, animal rights, veg*nism, and environmentalism)

The forum is here if you want to check it out:

http://bluebutterfly05.proboards28.com

I hope it's not against any rules for me to post this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Banned

Wow...that's a nice looking board

I've never run my own board so I don't really know what works and what doesn't in regards to getting people to stick around, but I know of a msg board that has a few handy hints and tips on how to increase traffic etc etc....I'll PM you with the details
#3 Old 02-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post

Wow...that's a nice looking board

I've never run my own board so I don't really know what works and what doesn't in regards to getting people to stick around, but I know of a msg board that has a few handy hints and tips on how to increase traffic etc etc....I'll PM you with the details

Okay, thanks.

Out of all message boards though, VeggieBoards is the only one I have stayed on so long (and I don't plan to ever leave it). Is it okay if I link to VB though Michael? I don't see why there'd be any objection to me promoting VB, but I figure I should ask anyways.
#4 Old 02-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, it's always a good idea to ask permission before linking, but I'm certain Michael won't have a problem with it.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#5 Old 02-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

As for building traffic, that's always a challenge for a new board. Michael had the advantage of having a community in place before he built the board.

The key seems to always be content. If I visit a board and see that few people have posted, I'm not likely to bother posting. Get some more content on there, even if you have to write it all yourself. Get a couple friends to commit to posting regularly to build more content.

There's also a lot of stuff you can do with Search Engine Optimization, but you should prolly concentrate on getting a core group of people posting on a regular basis.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#6 Old 02-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Banned

The real secret?

Tame.

Tame = hits. It's just that simple.
#7 Old 02-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks, WonderRandy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page