How routine is your day? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-24-2006, 01:56 AM
Veggie Regular

If you had to put your entire day down from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed, how easy would it be for you? What are some things you obsess over doing everyday?

I'm going to do mine for the things I do at home

4pm: Have snack, read magazine/watch tv/ phone/friends/VB- just relax!

5pm: Start on dinner

6pm: Dishes/Clean up/ Laundry/other chores/work

8pm: Beauty time! Shower/nails/tweeze, stuff like that.

9-10pm: friends/phone/computer/read

11pm: always different, sometimes I sleep, sometimes I have to help out and do some more stuff around the house, other times I just can't sleep and watch tv or read and talk on the phone/online.

I always clorox wipe everything I can in my bedroom, especially my desk after hearing it holds 400x more germs than a toliet seat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-24-2006, 02:06 AM
Beginner

I always work from 11pm to 7am then sleep from about 8am to 3-4pm get up and clean/cook/go and get groceries if we need them and then by 6 or 7 I can just relax until I go back to work.
#3 Old 01-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Veggie Regular

nothing's really all that regular about my day except that at some point around 2-4 i spend a few hours trying to fall asleep and eventually succeeding.. usually.
#4 Old 01-24-2006, 02:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I get up at 7.30, get to work for 8.30, finish at 4.30, chill out for an hour or so then prepare dinner about 6pm. After that I normally play with and clean out my rats for a couple of hours then watch some TV with my OH, then bed by about 12. It's pretty routine!
#5 Old 01-24-2006, 04:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Up around 3-4 a.m. Go on computer. Exercise. Shower. Dress for work. Make breakfast/lunch for work. Take care of kitties. Feed birds outside. Work. Come home, feed kitties, make dinner for hubby (that's another thread) while I watch General Hospital/Days of Our Lives that I taped. Do laundry. Relax. Watch favorite shows. Fall asleep.

This is pretty much a routine day.
#6 Old 01-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Beginner

My day is pretty routine too: get up around 5:30-6, work out or go to gym

go to work around 10-10:30

go home at 7

have little snack, do paperwork/computer/read

bed around 10 or 10:30

SOmetimes I think "what a boring life I have" but then, I think most people have a set routine too, except for maybe their day off.
#7 Old 01-24-2006, 05:26 AM
Banned

I find routines very boring so I try and avoid them where possible. I get up about 11am-12 each day and go to bed about 3-4am, but everything else that happens in between that time I try to keep as random as possible.

I dont have any kids, pets, or responsibilities as such, other than my BF who lives with me, so outside of work hours things just happen when they happen at my house...the only downside to that is that I'm not a very organized person.
#8 Old 01-24-2006, 05:26 AM
Veggie Regular

7:45am - wake up and get dressed for work

8:15am - make tea

8:25am - leave for work, take tea with me

8:35am - arrive at work

5:00pm - leave work

5:30pm-6:30 - yoga

7:00pm eat something & watch Law & Order

After that.. who knows. Read. Play video games. Look for new job.

Pretty darn routine I'd say.
#9 Old 01-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I have no routines I'm trying to develop some out of the random chaos of my life.
#10 Old 01-24-2006, 08:14 AM
Veggie Regular

When I am at work (I work away from home and live in a camp) my days are exactly the same, for 24 days in a row:

5:50 am: Wake up, shower, get dressed, blow dry hair, put on makeup

6:25 am: Arrive at work, make coffee for myself, check VB and email

6:00 pm: Leave work, drop off bag in room, have a crappy dinner of potatoes and overcooked vegetables with water

6:45 pm: Lay on bed, smoking and watching TV

7:15 pm: Get into bubble bath with book

8:30 pm: Out of bath, continue reading

9:30 pm: Get into bed, continue reading

10:30 pm: Turn off light, try to fall asleep

Sleep and repeat

I am embarrassed how lazy that sounds!! I go to the gym once in a while, I have got to start going more, but that is a whole different topic!! (must search for "motivation" under the fitness thread!!)
#11 Old 01-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Banned

>>I am embarrassed how lazy that sounds!!>>

You appear to be at work for 11.5 hours. That doesn't sound lazy to me.

I go to sleep around one get up at like 8 rather consistently.

I go to classes when they're scheduled.

I do what I want in between and read at some point.

ebola
#12 Old 01-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome Chomsky View Post

>>I am embarrassed how lazy that sounds!!>>

You appear to be at work for 11.5 hours. That doesn't sound lazy to me. ebola

This is true, we work long days, but I am sitting on my butt in front of a computer for about 9 or 10 of those hours!
#13 Old 01-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Veggie Regular

7.15: my dad shouts to wake up

7.40: I wake up, get dressed & washed, have breakfast.

8.15: leave for school

9-4.30 (most days): school

5: arrive home, make and eat tea, go online/watch TV.

6.30ish, usually do some homework, tidy a bit (not enough to make my house look tidy though!), have a bath, feed my rats, etc. Stuff I need to do.

8-10ish back online and watching TV. Go to bed 10 or 11 and read/listen to music for a while. I'm normally asleep before midnight
#14 Old 01-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Baby Love

My day slightly varies depending on how late I sleep in, how late I leave work, etc. ... but its pretty boring either way.

Good Day:

5am - Get up and either go workout or take Addie for a run.

6am - Shower, Get Dressed, etc. etc.

6:45 - Leave for work.

7:20 - Arrive at work. Check e-mail. Eat Breakfast.

7:30 - Continue munching on breakfast, draw on the computer, have a few discussions, once in a while I make a phone call.

10:00 - Take a poop break. Get some water. Then back to the drawings.

Noon - Lunch. Play online.

1pm - Draw on the computer, have a few discussions, once in a while I make a phone call. Repeat.

3pm - Take a breather. Get a soda or a snack.

4:30 - Assuming I don't have anything due the next day, leave to go home.

5:15 - Arrive home. Take out the dogs.

Pop something in the oven or on the stove for dinner. Collapse on the sofa and stare at the TV until the lack of anything good on drives me off the couch.

6:30 - Clean up dishes. Start packing next days lunch.

7pm - Search for decent primetime show. Alternate TV w/ internet. At commercial breaks, I start a load of laundry, play with the dogs, pick out an outfit for the next day, etc.

8pm - Take out the dogs for an evening walk. Then get ready for bed.

9pm - Read in bed and hopefully fall asleep shortly after.

On a 'bad' day, I sleep in until 6 or 7, don't workout and end up getting to work close to 9am ... which means I leave around 6pm and get home at 7pm. The evening is pretty much the same, except everything is squashed into a shorter time span and I usually end up getting to bed late.
#15 Old 01-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKat View Post

When I am at work (I work away from home and live in a camp) my days are exactly the same, for 24 days in a row:

5:50 am: Wake up, shower, get dressed, blow dry hair, put on makeup

6:25 am: Arrive at work, make coffee for myself, check VB and email

6:00 pm: Leave work, drop off bag in room, have a crappy dinner of potatoes and overcooked vegetables with water

7:15 pm: Get into bubble bath with book

8:30 pm: Out of bath, continue reading

9:30 pm: Get into bed, continue reading

10:30 pm: Turn off light, try to fall asleep

Sleep and repeat

I am embarrassed how lazy that sounds!! I go to the gym once in a while, I have got to start going more, but that is a whole different topic!! (must search for "motivation" under the fitness thread!!)

You need some spice in your life!
#16 Old 01-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKat View Post

tsk, tsk

*this space not for sale*
#17 Old 01-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Veggie Regular

My day is very routine, I'm excessively organized.

5:24 wake up and take a shower, get dressed and ready, etc.

6:00 breakfast

6:25 brush teeth and dry hair

6:40ish go to bus stop and go to school

3:10ish get home, get something to eat and do homework

If I finish homework early I'll go on the comp, draw or something i need to do

5:30 make dinner and eat maybe watch TV

6:30-whenever I go to bed: whatever I feel like doing, comp, study, homework, crafts, write in journal, work on a to do list, listen to music and stretch, etc.

9:00 watch tv (that 70s show) in bed until 9:30

9:30 zzzzzzzzz
#18 Old 01-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I wish that I had that much free time...

I usually am struggling to get everything done that I have to do. I get up at different time different days, go to bed at different times. I have no structure, but I need some.
#19 Old 01-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I am really hurting for some routine/stability in my life right now. That's the one and only thing I miss about "school daze".... Jeeze, I can't even remember what my old routine was...

I'm no good at living spontaneously. I hate not knowing what I can/can't do until the day it actually happens, so most days I just end up doing nothing at all (beside go to work) due to lack of preparation. Hmph...
#20 Old 01-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I do need some spice in my life! My days are much different when I am at home though, I could never fit a typical day in a single post! (kidding)

And, must quit smoking!
#21 Old 01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular

My days aren't very routine. I usually wake up around 4 am, sometimes get up then, sometimes manage to go back to sleep until 6:30 or 7. If it's cold I build a fire in the woodstove, make coffee, take the bread out of the breadmaker, check emails and messageboards, have coffee and toast. When it's semi-warm outside, 8-9 am, go take care of the horse and the chickens, do outside work clearing trees, building fences, or working in the garden until 11 or 12, have a tea break and some kind of lunch (leftovers). Afternoon do paying work, these days mostly sewing. Around 4pm coffee break and snack, look at messageboards. Do some more outdoor work, 5 pm walk the horse and feed her. Evening is spent pooping around on the internet, doing paperwork, paying bills, making dinner, doing laundry, cleaning, internet. 9pm - 10 pm watch TV with husband and dog. 10 - 11 pm shower and read. Often I'm quite lazy and will sit for hours in front of the computer...
#22 Old 01-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Today was...

7:00 am wake up

7:00-7:25 am get ready for work

7:25-7:45 am drive to work

7:45-8:30 am do office things

8:30-9:00 am go over expectations with 5th graders

9:00-10:10 am sort donated clothing

10:10-10:45 am teach social skills in emotional/behavioral development room

10:45-11:15 am check on unruly 2nd graders, visit one in principals office, review better choices

11:15am-12:00 pm help in kindergarten 'banana splits' therapy group

12:00-12:45 pm keep an eye on a few kids in cafeteria

12:45-1:15 pm lunch appointment with 5th grader

1:15 - 1:45 pm back to sorting clothes

1:45 - 2:00 pm eat lunch

2:00 - 2:30 pm social skills group with a kindergartener and a 1st grader

2:30 - 3:00 pm end of day office things

3:20 - arrive home, take out trash, have snack

4:00 - take a nap

6:30 - 8:00 - get up from nap, feed cats, post web board homework assignment, clean up cat puke, clean room, put away laundry, cook dinner, eat dinner, eat dessert

8:00 - 9:00 - zone out in front of TV

9:00 - 10:30 - do reading for class tomorrow

10:30 - 11:22 (now) - still reading, as well as reading VB, and talking to bf online

I still have to shower and get ready for bed and give the cats their snack and I should do dishes and whatever but I'm sick and tired so I'm not going to until tomorrow. Tomorrow is a class day not an elementary school internship day, so it will look entirely different.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#23 Old 01-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Banned

most days revolve around work, or school, since most of the time theyre in the middle of the day. today was:

4:30 am - wake up, get ready, leave @ 5:35 on bike for work

5:45 am - get to work, run around doing things for 4 hours

10:30 am - 1/2 hour break, eat pathetic smoothie

1:20 pm - get home from work. sit around for an hour or two, shower, get dressed, go out on a couple errands with friend.

4:30 pm - get to school and talk on phone with boyfriend for 1/2 an hour

5-7 pm - french class

7 something - get home, eat sushi and watch law and order

8- 9:30 (present) and however much longer I stay up - online, talking to boyfriend online, most likely end up in a bad mood because of family. listen to music.

mostly my life is work in the morning, school in the afternoon/night, homework, reading when I have time, talking to my boyfriend and being really tired because I dont sleep enough. its not super duper routine because my work schedule changes slightly by the week, but most of it ends up something like this.
#24 Old 01-25-2006, 12:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm pretty anal about a schedule becase our day would quickly fall apart if there wasn't one. I have a HECK of a lot to cram into 24 hours...

5am - Wake up, shower, start breakfast, start laundry, unload last nights dishes from dishwasher, water garden (if it's the summer). Work on on-line class-work.

6am - Wake kids, referree as they fight for the shower, look for clean clothes and missing homework. Put dogs and cats outside. Feed animals. Feed kids. Finish laundry. Clean kitchen after breakfast. Pack lunches.

7:00 Peek at computer if I have time. Lets pets back in. Round up chidren.

7:30 am - Leave to take kids to school. Head to work by way of Starbucks.

8:15 - Arrive at work.

12:00 - Lunch break, check out VB, e-mail Froggy, get some lunch if I remembered to pack it. Walk several laps around school track if it's not raining.

3:30 Leave work. Pick up kids at school.

4:00 Get groceries or any number of items needed for the next day - items for the school science project, 12 purple pipe cleaners, dog food, whatever...

4:30 Arrive home: Do chores, grab a VERY fast dinner...

5:30-6-ish - take kids to: Soccer, Basketball, Karate, Tutoring, Christian Drama Club, Church Youth Activities, Children's Choir, Mini-Scouts or Rock-climbing club...

7:00 - Arrive home. (Often other parents will drop my kids back home from the various activities they're in)

Clean up from supper as much as there's time, help with homework, peek in on VB, do yet another load of laundry, clean one room of the house (so it's not all left for the weekend). Take a walk/bike ride if the weather's nice and it's not the dead of winter and pitch dark.

8:00 Read to my kids. (All of them, no matter their age. They still love to be read to.)

8:30 Tuck youngest in bed. Head older ones off to the land of MORE homework.

8:30-ish Talk on the phone to Froggy as I continue the last of my chores, make food for tomorrow's lunches, fold laundry and get on the computer to relax for a bit, work on online classwork and then get ready for bed...

11:00 - ? Get to bed, sleep if I can, or get back up and read, surf the internet or watch TV 'cause I can't sleep (like now...).
#25 Old 01-25-2006, 01:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

I'm pretty anal about a schedule becase our day would quickly fall apart if there wasn't one. I have a HECK of a lot to cram into 24 hours...

5am - Wake up, shower, start breakfast, start laundry, unload last nights dishes from dishwasher, water garden (if it's the summer). Work on on-line class-work.

6am - Wake kids, referree as they fight for the shower, look for clean clothes and missing homework. Put dogs and cats outside. Feed animals. Feed kids. Finish laundry. Clean kitchen after breakfast. Pack lunches.

7:00 Peek at computer if I have time. Lets pets back in. Round up chidren.

7:30 am - Leave to take kids to school. Head to work by way of Starbucks.

8:15 - Arrive at work.

12:00 - Lunch break, check out VB, e-mail Froggy, get some lunch if I remembered to pack it. Walk several laps around school track if it's not raining.

3:30 Leave work. Pick up kids at school.

4:00 Get groceries or any number of items needed for the next day - items for the school science project, 12 purple pipe cleaners, dog food, whatever...

4:30 Arrive home: Do chores, grab a VERY fast dinner...

5:30-6-ish - take kids to: Soccer, Basketball, Karate, Tutoring, Christian Drama Club, Church Youth Activities, Children's Choir, Mini-Scouts or Rock-climbing club...

7:00 - Arrive home. (Often other parents will drop my kids back home from the various activities they're in)

Clean up from supper as much as there's time, help with homework, peek in on VB, do yet another load of laundry, clean one room of the house (so it's not all left for the weekend). Take a walk/bike ride if the weather's nice and it's not the dead of winter and pitch dark.

8:00 Read to my kids. (All of them, no matter their age. They still love to be read to.)

8:30 Tuck youngest in bed. Head older ones off to the land of MORE homework.

8:30-ish Talk on the phone to Froggy as I continue the last of my chores, make food for tomorrow's lunches, fold laundry and get on the computer to relax for a bit, work on online classwork and then get ready for bed...

11:00 - ? Get to bed, sleep if I can, or get back up and read, surf the internet or watch TV 'cause I can't sleep (like now...).

Whoa! Just reading that made me exhausted. You do tons and make my mom looks lazy. I am sure your children appreciate you, they better! I would love to be read to, wait am I too old at 17?

You get the Great Mom Award.
#26 Old 01-25-2006, 05:31 AM
Veggie Regular

An example of a normal day:

5:30- wake up

5:45- shower

6:10: make lunch

6:20: breakfast

6:40 get dressed

7:30-2:15: School

2:15: Snack

2:45- 4:00 : run, workout

4:30- computer

5:00- make dinner

5:45-somewhere around 9:00- homework

9:00 - whatever

10:00- Usually go to bed.
#27 Old 01-25-2006, 06:52 AM
Banned

Some of you get up insanely early...I have no idea how you do it
#28 Old 01-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post

Some of you get up insanely early...I have no idea how you do it

I know, but some of them go to bed pretty early too, like 9pm!
#29 Old 01-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waking up early. Every morning (even with my blaring alarm clock across the room!) someone has to peel me out of bed.
#30 Old 01-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelicGrape View Post

I know, but some of them go to bed pretty early too, like 9pm!

I have to go to bed early to wake up early ... My schedule is based on traffic. I leave early to avoid the bumper to bumper stuff. Blech! My energy levels also tend to dip in the late afternoon, so I find I get more done if I start the day earlier. I wish I could do the same schedule I had in college. It was 'natural' to my body's wishes ... Sleep midnight to 8am. Workout and shower. Get to studio/class at 10am. Break for lunch at noon. Work a couple more hours. Go relax late afternoon until dinner. Around 8pm I'd go work for another 3-4 hours. That was the life.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page