How routine is your day? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 01-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

I have to go to bed early to wake up early ... My schedule is based on traffic. I leave early to avoid the bumper to bumper stuff. Blech! My energy levels also tend to dip in the late afternoon, so I find I get more done if I start the day earlier. I wish I could do the same schedule I had in college. It was 'natural' to my body's wishes ... Sleep midnight to 8am. Workout and shower. Get to studio/class at 10am. Break for lunch at noon. Work a couple more hours. Go relax late afternoon until dinner. Around 8pm I'd go work for another 3-4 hours. That was the life.

Well don't feel too bad, for awhile I was going to bed at 9:30-10pm and my mom was like "what are you an old lady?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-25-2006, 05:08 PM

A "routine" day for me would be something like...

2pm-wake up, have coffe/breakfast, wash/dress

3pm-11:15pm - work

11:15pm-12am - tea, computer, watch news

12am-1am - prepare and eat dinner

1am-2:30am - chores, laundry

2:30am-4am - computer, emails

4-5am - reading/movie

5am-2pm- Bed....Zzzzz

Though my weekends, are way different! Not much Routine!
#33 Old 01-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelicGrape View Post

Whoa! Just reading that made me exhausted. You do tons and make my mom looks lazy. I am sure your children appreciate you, they better! I would love to be read to, wait am I too old at 17?

You get the Great Mom Award.

I'm sure your Mom works hard too, this is just what works for me - believe me, there are plenty of times I sit on the couch with a cup of tea and think "I need to get my lazy BUTT back on schedule!!"

But for the most part I work so much better with a schedule that we all stick to.

It'd be interesting to see the ages of some of you - I think as you get older/have kids/job responsibilities/rush hour traffic/more mature priorities/etc you settle into more of a routine, your body needs less sleep and you get up earlier, AND you have many more responsibilities so you HAVE to get up earlier to get everything done.

I would LOVE to sleep in, but there's no way I would EVER have the time, that's what vacations are for.
#34 Old 01-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday was...

8:20 am wake up

9-12 class

12-12:30 deal with paperwork

12:30-1:15 stand on line in cold to buy books

1:15-1:45 shop at the co-op for our dinner party this w/e

1:45-2:00ish eat breakfast? lunch? it was oatmeal.

2:00-4:00 do reading for class tonight, type up assignment for web class

4:00-5:00 nap

5:00-5:30 finish reading, get stuff together for class

5:45-8:45 class

9:00 make dinner, eat dinner

then there was some TV watching, some Sim playing, some talking to my bf online, a shower, and bed.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#35 Old 01-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Ankle Biter

Here's a typical day -

6:10 - up, get daughter up for school, coffee, read paper online, breakfast, feed dogs

7:30 - studio work (painting)

10:30 - exercise (usually a run with the big dog)

11:30 shower

12:30 lunch, household chores, gardening, bills

2:20 - Kelly home, errands, appointments, start on dinner, walk the Chihuahua

6:30 dinner

7:30 - email, homework help, TV

10 - 10:30 read in bed with a glass of wine

Actually since I work for myself, my days vary quite a bit. This would be a most typical scenario, though.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#36 Old 01-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Veggie Regular

ehr.

When I have a lecture at 10.15 I normally get up at 7.40 and leave at 9.10 to take the bus at 9.20. Then I stay in the city for a while after lectures/seminars... unless I feel like going home - or have a reason to go home - at once. I go to the library pretty often to pick up books/CDs/DVDs. I wander, and look at stuff, and stroll around in malls and the city, always listening to music. If I know I'm going to be away for a while, I bring a lunch. Otherwise, I bring a banana or some such thing, and eat as soon as I get home, normally in front of the computer.

Things have been pretty erratic so far in the semester, classes have been cancelled, others haven't started yet, and some I've missed. So I still don't really know what my week is going to look like. I'm pretty sure I have one or more double lectures/seminars every day though.

I know there's supposed to be some studying in there too. well... I read, here and there, though I haven't done any of that (the curricular kind, that is) so far. oops.

These days I rarely fall asleep before 3 am, or 4 am. That's something of an improvement, for since December or so I've usually fallen asleep between 4 and 6 am. When I don't have to get up at a set hour, I usually get up somewhere between 10 am and 2 pm, or sometimes later than that.

I eat dinner with my family at 7. The exceptions are Tuesday (when my dad is away) and Sunday (where we don't do a proper dinner); then I eat on my own. I make about every other dinner we eat together.

If I'm at home when my mother comes home from work at 4 pm, I usually prepare her a sandwhich (normally avocado sandwhich), a glass of juice and heat a cup of coffee. I also empty the dishwasher in the afternoon, or in the morning, if I have time.

I watch TV at 6 pm most weekdays (20-minute culture/entertainment "news"). I also watch Idol on Wednesday and Friday nights at 8 pm, and Six Feet Under every Friday at 11.15 pm. Sometimes I watch other things too, but nothing in particular.

Tomorrow I know I'll have to take the bus at 11.20, and leave ten minutes before that. Hopefully I'll manage to get up at 10 am. I have a seminar from 10.15 to 12.00.

[yes, I am very lazy and unstructured. no I don't get much done despite a great amount of free time. I consider it a good day if I've spent a few hours reading. And by reading I don't mean studying.]
#37 Old 01-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post

Some of you get up insanely early...I have no idea how you do it

Nowadays I get up at 6am Monday Wed and Friday.

I don't know how I do it either.
#38 Old 01-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Nice thread

6:30 AM: Wake up, start breakfast, get on computer

7:30 AM: Eating breakfast and drinking coffee by now. Maybe reading...

8:00 AM: Shower, get dressed for school, makeup, etc.

8:45 AM: Leave for school.

9:25 AM: Classes start - aerobics class, dance class, choir, children's literature, stage makeup.

11:45 AM: Lunch, then more classes, voice lessons, work in stage crew to get the set done for whatever musical/play we're doing

5:00 PM: Exercise

6:45: Snack or dinner

7:00: Rehearsals for play/musical

10:00: Head over to boyfriend's house, relax with him for awhile

12:00 AM: At home by now. Get ready for bed, snack, comp, whatever.

1:00 AM: Sleeping.

...I don't sleep enough.
#39 Old 01-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Monday through Friday is pretty routine:

5:50a - wake up, wash hair

6-7 - eat breakfast, get ready, pack lunch

7:30 - arrive at work, check email

8:00 - work

9:00 - tea

11:00 - snack

1:00 - lunch

3:00 - tea

4:40 - snack

5:30 - change, workout

6:30 shower/suppper

7:00 - tv/screw around, read

9:00 bedtime
#40 Old 01-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Hmmmm...my schedule. Up at 6:30 for running. Come back, make coffee, shower and wake up my daughter just after seven. Around eight we leave for school. I work with children all day...there is nothing...ummmm...routine about that. Every day is different. In the evenings, we come home and recently we've been deciding who will make supper. Daughter may play outside, and I will either cook, spend some evening time outdoors, read or get on the computer for a few minutes. Talk on the phone for a few minutes. Dinner is generally served around six, homework is after that...this often requires my help or presence. After that we might play a game or go for a walk or just hang out. Straigten up the house a bit. Bedtime starts between eight and nine with all the preliminaries and then reading and songs. After she goes to bed, I do other stuff...read, watch tv, clean up, talk on the phone, etc.

We do try and do out of the ordinary things frequently (on weekends) to break things up. I want to do some camping again this year.

B
#41 Old 01-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Hmmmm...my schedule. Up at 6:30 for running. Come back, make coffee, shower and wake up my daughter just after seven. Around eight we leave for school. I work with children all day...there is nothing...ummmm...routine about that. Every day is different. In the evenings, we come home and recently we've been deciding who will make supper. Daughter may play outside, and I will either cook, spend some evening time outdoors, read or get on the computer for a few minutes. Talk on the phone for a few minutes. Dinner is generally served around six, homework is after that...this often requires my help or presence. After that we might play a game or go for a walk or just hang out. Straigten up the house a bit. Bedtime starts between eight and nine with all the preliminaries and then reading and songs. After she goes to bed, I do other stuff...read, watch tv, clean up, talk on the phone, etc.

We do try and do out of the ordinary things frequently (on weekends) to break things up. I want to do some camping again this year.

B
#42 Old 01-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Veggie Regular

6:15 AM - Wake up

6:30 AM - Get out of bed and get dressed. Either pack lunch or grab a fast breakfast if I have the time.

6:50 AM - Leave to catch the bus

7:21 AM -Start classes

10:30-11:15 AM - Lunch

2:21 PM - Classes ends

Either 3:30 or 5:00 PM - Leave school (depends on the day of the week and what I have to stay after school for). Occassionally I get to go home right after school, but that's pretty rare.

Either 3:40 or 5:10 PM - Get home, have a quick snack and start homework

6:15 PM - Make and eat dinner

6:45 PM - Procrastinate, finish homework, go on the computer, read

10:30-11:15 - Take a shower and try to get to sleep

Depending on the day of the week I have some random other things I have to do after school, but that's my schedule on the less busy days.
#43 Old 01-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Well it depends on the day and if I have to work what my routine is, but here's the general idea.

7:00 a.m. wake up

8:00 a.m. leave for school

9:00 a.m. to anywhere between 1-4 p.m. at school

1-4 p.m. leave school

4:40 p.m. leave for work if I have to work that night

12 a.m. leave work or spend the night at work
#44 Old 01-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Veggie Regular

6:45am- Wake up... ish

7:35- Wake up once and for all

8:00- 3:05- Suffer with my awful teacher at school

3:15- Arrive home from walking

3:15- 5:00- Relax/ have after-school snack/ whatever else

5:00- 6:00- Homework

6:00- 8:00- Same as 3:15- 5:00... minus snack

8:00- 8:15- Dad nags about what to have for dinner

8:30- Dinner

9:00- Bath

10:00- Before-bed stuff

10:35- Listen to MP3 player

11:00- Try to sleep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page