Do you like your job? - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: How do you feel about your job?
I hate it so much, I seriously consider quitting almost every day. 0 0%
I really don't like it, but hey, it pays the bills for now. 0 0%
I like it ok. 0 0%
I really like my job! 0 0%
I am living out my dream job! :-) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Banned

Ok, I'm having a particularly bad "I hate my job so much I can't stand it" week. So I thought, how normal is it to feel this way? So here's the poll. How good/bad is it where you stand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Veggie Regular

This isn't the greatest place to work, and I've been doing the same kind of work for about 23 years, so I'm suffering from some definite burnout. If I didn't have bills to pay, I'd take a break for a while (say 2 or 3 years).

*this space not for sale*
#3 Old 12-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm somewhere in between option 1 and option 2. I hate my job some days more than others. I think about quitting fairly often, but I want to have something else lined up before I do that.

Until then, it pays the bills.
#4 Old 12-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I love my job, it's my dream job.
#5 Old 12-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludi View Post

Me too.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#6 Old 12-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm somewhere between options 3 and 4. I really enjoy all 3 of my jobs, but I would much prefer to have one full-time job with medical benefits. I'm looking...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#7 Old 12-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Veggie Regular

i voted 2, i like my coworkers (except for one lol ) and i like the fact that i don't have to deal with meat ....... but i hate everything else grrrrr

but yeah that's where money comes from, i'm better off with a crappy job than without one
#8 Old 12-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Banned

I was option3, but now that the lock out is over and we are back to work, it's a 1. I called in sick today so I wouldn't quit.

But, with that said, the company is trying to make us quit.
#9 Old 12-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I love my job. It's not yet my "dream" job, but I hope it will evolve to be that someday!
#10 Old 12-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I like what I do for my job and the experience that I am getting, but I REALLY dislike some of the people that I work with and actually supervise. Even though I am the "student supervisor" (meaning I basically manage the student employees and let the higher ups know what's going on, etc.), my thoughts on our interns (who potentially will become paid employees) do not get taken seriously - even though I am with them on a daily basis and the director sees them for maybe 5 minutes every couple of days.

I've been having one of those crappy work weeks too.

I love the experience, like I said, but if I could get a job in my area (psych/criminal justice) that was just as flexible and convenient (since I work on campus, around classes), I would probably quit.
#11 Old 12-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Banned

I used to like my job but I don't anymore. Because of understaffing and time constraints, it's impossible to give patients the care that they really need and consequently they get frustrated and quite abusive sometimes. There's no job satisfaction either.

I only work 3 days a week because I don't want it to turn me into a burnt-out, stress-riddled zombie like most of my colleagues. I get less pay but I keep my sanity
#12 Old 12-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludi View Post

Me too!
#13 Old 12-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Boo hoo.

I HATE my job in IT.

I have applied for a dream job & am living in hope right now!

What are some of your dream jobs for those lucky people who have them?
#14 Old 12-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I hate my job. I am quitting in May. I'd quit now if it didn't mean breaking a contract. Sometimes I think I am not going to make it. I just try to take it one week at a time, because when I think of six more months of this it makes me sick.
#15 Old 12-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Veggie Regular

My current job I have only been at for two months, but I do really like it Not a "dream job" (for me that would be no job and enough money to survive comfortably on) but it is still always interesting work, the pay is wonderful and the people are great to work with. My last two jobs were definitely "I hate it so much, I seriously consider quitting almost every day." Drafting-sweatshops, if you can imagine such a thing
#16 Old 12-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Veggie Regular

i'm so desperate for a job that when i finally do get one, i'm going to love the hell out of it.

...for a couple weeks, anyway
#17 Old 12-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Banned

I've been at the same place for 6 years - at first it was tolerable - now I can barely stand going in every day. But searching for a new job is so.... scary. I'd have to do a complete career change. I'm gonna do it anyway, because I can't handle too much more of this. I would have quit already if I could get insurance through my husband's job, but he works for a non-profit, so they don't give spouse insurance (you can pay in, but it would be about $600/month - totally unaffordable.)
#18 Old 12-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Banned

I'm a grad student...I won't have a real job for years.

well, actually...I'll be part time teaching undergrads next year. I'll tell you about that soon.

ebola
#19 Old 12-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I have been at my current job for 4.5 years and I USED TO really like it. But now.... the politics with it has really gotten to me.

Plus I cannot deal with my new co-worker. She talks to me all day long, serious... 10-11 hours a day and she is talking, she is talking, she is STILL talking... to me.... about nothing. She is a nice person, but she irritates the hell out of me. I have never had a conversation with her.... because it is just her, telling me stuff! I can barely get a word in! And, besides, she knows everything already!

I had a bit of a breakdown recently.... I really need a change. The money is good though, I wish I wasn't so damn greedy, it would make things alot easier!

So my choice in the poll was: hate it, consider quitting every day.

( and thanks for allowing me to vent! )
#20 Old 12-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I work on the side as a tutor at my community college. I really like it. I just wish sometimes I wasn't so damn confusing to my student.
#21 Old 12-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Hmm, I thought I posted here, maybe it was a different thread!

I love my job 125%!

I work for myself and have an online retail store and a media based company. This is the most rewarding work I've ever done in my life.

Single vegetarian for 19 years seeks tasty vegetables to devour. Reply only if interested in being consumed whole.
#22 Old 12-05-2005, 01:03 AM

I think I just got fired after nine years of toiling for the same company, and I mean I did extra work, volunteer work, social worker work, union junk. They sent me a letter last Tuesday, which I didn't recieve until Saturday, and it says I am no longer welcome as of tomorrow. Wicked, not even a phone call. Nine years.

I am not looking for pity, and I don't want to start the old 'My job is worse than your job' thread, I just needed to get that out.

Piss me off.
#23 Old 12-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Veggie Regular

I HATE MY JOB. I have a bunch of jobs, but I hate my main one, which is retail. I'm a college student though, so I don't really have time to look for another one all that much and I have to pay tuition somehow (I have loans, but I'm trying not to take out too many). I'm going abroad for a year in August 2006.. so all I have to do is survive.. 8 more months...
#24 Old 12-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

im a cashier at both byerlys and lakewinds natural foods (grocery stores....) and for the most part i dont mind going to work. i get along relatively well with my coworkers (ive been at byerlys for over two years so they are pretty used to my weirdness by now....but im just starting at lakewinds so well see...)

what i absolutely despise is when people bring their screaming crazy children through, and i have to somehow try to work around them while theyr getting under my feet, grabbing at other peoples groceries, pushing the cart into me,and running in front of me when i try to more over just a little. even worse, theyr parents dont do anything about it. most of them just stand there and smile at their children as if being a pain in the ass is a good thing. what the hell.

the front end manager at byerlys is a piece of ****. shes been here about three or four months now and has managed to completely **** up the entire front end. she schedules people outside of their hours of availability on days when theyr supposed to be in school! and even though were union (lakewinds isnt..which is why i was able to have that job as well) ...which means that by law, she cant schedule people outside their hours...she still does. she starts arguments with other cashiers for no reason about the littlest things, then turns around and tries to act like your best friend. hopefully shell be getting fired soon.

and now that ive rambled for 5 minutes, ill get to the point. i dont mind my jobs. its money, and something to do now that im not in school anymore.
#25 Old 12-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuko View Post

i'm so desperate for a job that when i finally do get one, i'm going to love the hell out of it.

...for a couple weeks, anyway

i take this back. tomorrow i start at a new job, and while i'm definitely really really happy to have a job again, i don't think even that excitement would cause me to "love the hell out of" a call center job

but i have this job on the side dealing blackjack and/or roulette at parties, and i do love the hell out of that job, so it works
#26 Old 12-05-2005, 09:27 PM

I like my job--I work at the computer lab at my college--but in reality it's just like spending a night at home or something. I read; I eat; I do whatever I want online, like posting on here now; I throw a ball around with my coworker sometimes; I talk with my coworker; I get to leave sometimes to take care of personal stuff around the campus and get paid for it; I listen to music; I do homework; I do essentially anything I want to. I help students out with questions very infrequently. But it's still a job and it gets really boring at times. Plus, I keep getting a headache and nasal irritation everyday I am here lately; something must be in the air.

My dream job would have to do with something along the lines of philosophical/political/environmental/sociological/research work. Not quite sure what, but that's where my greatest interests lie.
#27 Old 12-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate my job. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Did I mention that I hate my job?
#28 Old 12-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

My job isn't one of those career long term type jobs, but I enjoy it a lot.
#29 Old 12-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandon View Post

I'm somewhere in between option 1 and option 2. I hate my job some days more than others. I think about quitting fairly often, but I want to have something else lined up before I do that.

Until then, it pays the bills.

Ditto.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#30 Old 12-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate my job so much that it makes me physically ill. (Seriously, I suffer from anxiety disorder and the stress of making myself go to this job I hate is making me so prone to panic attacks that it's really making my life unmanageable.)

I'd quit if I could, but I have to pay the bills. I'm hoping that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, though, because if things work out I may have a new opportunity in January.

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page