Junk mail - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-27-2005, 11:56 AM

I am a member of PETA.. and they have to sell my name to other non-profit organzations so i can contribute to every single one of them!! Its so annoying.. I cant alyz do that.

What i dont understand is when I donate $5 or whatever amount, they have to send me "free gifts." Use the donations for what I donated it for!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes, I feel your pain. Welcome to my world.

*this space not for sale*
#3 Old 09-27-2005, 12:09 PM

I got mails piled up on my desk..

I even wrote a letter to Wayne, the President of HSUS.. asking him to stop sending me those ridiculous gifts. It seems like the money is NOT being used for to save the animals but rather on those t-shirts, address labels, bag, stamps, packaging, etc.
#4 Old 09-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Veggie Regular

...and since the law says you don't have to pay for unsolicited items, when you don't pay, they keep sending you reminders saying "Have you received the (fill in blank) we recently sent you? Help us continue to do good work blah blah blah..."

*this space not for sale*
#5 Old 09-27-2005, 12:14 PM

I know!!!! Gosh, im gonna go bald on this stuph!!
#6 Old 09-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh yes, I feel your pain. I get the same wasteful crap.
#7 Old 09-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Veggie Regular

I WISH I could feel your pain. But I'm too broke to afford a peta membership
#8 Old 09-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Have you tried sending the stuff back? That might get their attention more.

Sometimes when I get junk mail that has a business reply envelope (that's pre-stamped), I shove all their junk in the envelope and send it off to them with a note on the back of it saying, "Don't send me any more of this."

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#9 Old 09-28-2005, 10:56 PM

^good idea.. i should try that. but that will be so unkind of me... hmmmm.
#10 Old 09-29-2005, 01:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Most of the time, for me, the stuff ends up in the recycle bin.
#11 Old 09-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Sometimes when I get junk mail that has a business reply envelope (that's pre-stamped), I shove all their junk in the envelope and send it off to them with a note on the back of it saying, "Don't send me any more of this."

Today's movie quote:

I started doing that with the daily credit card offers I receive. As far as PETA - I donated to them about four years ago and I am still on their mailing list and I keep getting the address labels. I do enjoy the Humane Society calendar that I get each year, but again I haven't donated to the big one in years. It is crazy!
#12 Old 09-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVegan View Post

I am a member of PETA.. and they have to sell my name to other non-profit organzations so i can contribute to every single one of them!! Its so annoying.. I cant alyz do that.

From PeTA's Privacy Policy:

Quote:

Does PETA rent, sell, or trade my information?

PETA occasionally makes the names and postal addresses of members available to reputable advocacy and nonprofit organizations and commercial companies.

If you are a PETA member and you dont wish to have your information exchanged with other organizations and companies, please e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at 757-622-7382 to speak to one of our membership service representatives.

The easiest method to correct and/or change other information regarding your membership is by visiting the members portion of our Web site by going here.

[ https://ebiz.isiservices.com/peta-e/peta/members.asp ] You can also contact our membership services at [email protected] or by calling 757-622-7382.

If you are not a PETA member and you have provided personal contact information on our Web site through the methods listed above, your information will not be exchanged.

Have you tried any of the above-mentioned methods for restricting PeTA from exchanging your information?
#13 Old 09-29-2005, 10:30 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post

Have you tried sending the stuff back? That might get their attention more.

I don't think this is a good idea. That mail probably goes to a mail room at PeTA somewhere where the employees have nothing to do with implementing the privacy policy. Better to follow the directions given and contact the persons or departments named in the privacy policy.
#14 Old 09-29-2005, 11:48 PM

Thanks Joe.. I had no idea!!! I didnt see that portion in their privacy options.
#15 Old 09-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Joe, you're right in regards to organizations like PeTA.

Sometimes, though, I do my best to follow charities' privacy rules, and I still get junk mail. I may not know who gave the junk-mailers my info. Only if I couldn't get their attention another way--polite letters and calls asking to be removed from their list(s)--do I send their stuff back to them.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page