Cuddling: How Much is Too Much? - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: Whats your cuddling time limit?
I don't cuddle. Ever. Period. 1 100.00%
5 minutes, then go away 0 0%
10 minutes, then g'bye 0 0%
15 minutes, then take a hike 0 0%
20 minutes, then vamoose 0 0%
30 minutes, now move, i can't feel my arm 0 0%
1 hour, but only if I like you 0 0%
More than an hour, its all good 0 0%
No limit. Bring on the love. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I was talking to one of my friends from HS recently, who was extolling the virtues of his ex-gf, including the fact that she knew just how long to cuddle at night before getting the heck off of him and going to sleep. He said the limit, no matter what anyone says, is 15 minutes. Then go away.

I asked the guy I was dating, who said thats BS, as long as all parties involved are comfortable, its all good, with no time limit.

So what is your time limit on cuddles? Do you have one? Do specific conditions apply? Is there a difference between men and women when it comes to cuddle time limits?

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Veggie Regular

When all people involved want to cuddle, everything's fine. When someone does not want to cuddle anymore, they should be let go. It is afterall, a mutual activity is it not? The guy with the 15 minute time limit does not seem to grasp this concept.
#3 Old 08-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Baby Love

If its a 'we are both tired and want to go to sleep soon cuddle' then 15 minutes is a good amount. Its enough to get sleepy, but not so much where you get annoyed cause you just want to get to sleep already. If its a 'we are just cuddling to cuddle', there is no time limit
#4 Old 08-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

When all people involved want to cuddle, everything's fine. When someone does not want to cuddle anymore, they should be let go. It is afterall, a mutual activity is it not? The guy with the 15 minute time limit does not seem to grasp this concept.

His position is that its burdensome to cuddle with someone for over 15 minutes, and anyone guy who is still cuddling after that time doesn't want to, is uncomfortable, but is afraid to say anything.

#5 Old 08-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

His position is that its burdensome to cuddle with someone for over 15 minutes, and anyone guy who is still cuddling after that time doesn't want to, is uncomfortable, but is afraid to say anything.

(*whispers*) Relationships don't work if people don't communicate.
#6 Old 08-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

(*whispers*) Relationships don't work if people don't communicate.

Ha! You don't have to tell me that. I'll say pretty much whatever. I was just posing his argument. Though, look where it got him? Pining over this girl who knew to cuddle for just 15 minutes who dumped him 2+ yrs ago :P

#7 Old 08-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I dated a guy who didn't even want to be touched while falling asleep or sleeping. It annoyed him and kept him awake. He wasn't a hugger, either. Just not physically very affectionate. But he was a good cook.
#8 Old 08-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I just want to add that I love your poll options!
#9 Old 08-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Put me down for 5 minutes.
#10 Old 08-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Veggie Regular

As long as everyone's happy, it's all good

The longer the better, I say
#11 Old 08-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

If its a 'we are both tired and want to go to sleep soon cuddle' then 15 minutes is a good amount. Its enough to get sleepy, but not so much where you get annoyed cause you just want to get to sleep already. If its a 'we are just cuddling to cuddle', there is no time limit

yeah, that's about what i think too
#12 Old 08-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Veggie Regular

my boyfriend and I are very cuddly people, we'll cuddle for hours, talk about how we should cuddle more on the phone, etc. He likes to cuddle even more than I do, so I'm pretty sure there isn't a 15 min limit.
#13 Old 08-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Veggie Regular

5 minutes here. I don't like touching for extended periods of time
#14 Old 08-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm usually the one who has to extract myself from my bf's embrace, but usually it's a heat issue. I love to cuddle, but he's like a fiery furnace, so I can only take so much. I've never actually timed our cuddling...
#15 Old 08-08-2005, 01:50 PM

I've never really timed it, and it really just depends, so I said no limit.
#16 Old 08-08-2005, 01:51 PM

never. ever. ever.

back. away. slowly. and. you. won't. get. hurt.
#17 Old 08-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagginabit View Post

never. ever. ever.

back. away. slowly. and. you. won't. get. hurt.

does this mean you don't want to spoon?
#18 Old 08-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm pretty much in full agreement with Jinga and Mayu- not really any limit. I do agree with what Froggy said though, about either party feeling comfortable letting go if they want to. In general though, as the option states "bring on the love."
#19 Old 08-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Veggie Regular

(Laughing out loud at Shag's response...)

I can't imagine ever, ever, ever not wanting to cuddle, but do understand there are going to be different needs for each person...

However, I was in a previous relationship where the guy was the "5 Minutes, Then Go Away"-sort-of-person... He pretty much implied "all" guys were of the same opinion and there was something "wrong" with me for ever wanting to cuddle at all...

Probably one of the factors why the relationship eventually didn't work...I think it made it tough for us to try and be compatible in other areas 'cause we were SOOO different in this one...

Communucating about what each person wants and needs is definitely a good thing.
#20 Old 08-08-2005, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuko View Post

does this mean you don't want to spoon?

The only spooning I'm doing is me and my soy delicious cookie avalanche.
#21 Old 08-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm a No Time Limit kind of girl, but if the person I'm cuddling with wants to roll over and go to sleep I'm not going to be offended. I do like a little physical contact when sleeping with someone though, a hand on the hip or feet touching, something like that. I'm just a touchy feely person.
#22 Old 08-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Veggie Regular

weird that someone would put a time limit on cuddling. I love to fall asleep cuddling but if my dh wants to stop before then, that's fine too (why are men such heat generators? man I hate not being able to snuggle in the summertime! )

i put no time limit -- sometimes i might want to cuddle for 30 seconds, sometimes cuddling on the couch for hours while doing a movie marathon is nice...
#23 Old 08-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post

I dated a guy who didn't even want to be touched while falling asleep or sleeping. It annoyed him and kept him awake.

I'm like that, i can't sleep while i'm cuddlin', and i prefer to face the other way to my boyfriend. I don't mind if he cuddles me then, so long as his head isn't resting on mine and i'm not too hot......... i duno, i just like my space When i stay with my boyfriend, we gradually move further and further over to my side of the bed. As i move away from him, he follows me! Last time he visited i fell out of the bed cos i was so near the edge I have to literally send him back over to his side or else, lol.

I am a hugger though ....... just not when i'm sleepin
#24 Old 08-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Veggie Regular

It really depends on the partner. An ex I had a long time ago was an incredible cuddler. I could be next to him all night cuddling, and even when we rolled apart, we were somehow entwined. He was a skinnier guy. Now, with the bigger guys I've cuddled with, it doesn't last as long cause I start to sweat
#25 Old 08-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Ehh, 15 minute time limit? My husband didn't get that memo. Don't you love guys who think they speak for all men? Maybe I'll start speaking for all women. It'll be fun.

I'm for the "cuddle when you want to, don't when you don't want to" option.
#26 Old 08-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Veggie Regular

It really depends for me. Sometimes I just want to konk out, sometimes I want to talk and hug. If it's on the couch, we can do it for more than an hour.....hugging I mean
#27 Old 08-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I didnt see the "no limit" option when I voted.

I love cuddling, I'll do it for hours. I love it, and my boyfriend does to, so it's all good.
#28 Old 08-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Banned

Where is the poll option for "e^(x/2) + 20" where x is the number of drinks I have had?
#29 Old 08-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

Where is the poll option for "e^(x/2) + 20" where x is the number of drinks I have had?

#30 Old 08-08-2005, 11:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I said No limit, because of who I ended up with. I think it really depends on what KIND of cuddler you are cuddling with. My ex was suffocating and clingy. (made me feel a little clostrophobic. My hubby on the other hand, is a mutual cuddler. I'm being cuddled WITH rather than cuddled AT.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page