Roof rant - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-27-2005, 07:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I have been telling my landlords for over a year now that my roof upstairs leaks. I told them in June that it's now leaking through to the bottom floor. They have "fixed" it three times now.

I woke up before five this morning to the sound of the drip in my bedroom. It looks like it didn't drip downstairs, but I still had to come down and unplug the tv and dvd player, since the leak runs down the wall onto that outlet.

I'm tired, and cranky, and I'm ready to move.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-27-2005, 07:38 AM
Veggie Regular

In my old house there was a crack in teh roof in my room(*sigh* why do I always get the cursed rooms..) and the rain would drop heavily from the sealing so I had to put pots thereto capturethe water leakage, just like in that music video 'Ms.Jackson'" anyways,ow. Anyways, I never told my mom about the incident because I knew she would take away my allowance, that means no more ebay bidding sprees, and we can't have that. I understand why she would have that frame of mind though, once I broke the whole side of the wall (it was a completely unpredictable freak accident)when I was rearranging my bed and I pushed the bed a little too hard in to the wall and it....totally collapsed. hey, it's not my fault he was poorly constructed. I never told my mom about that either.. and when she found it...talk about flipping out
#3 Old 07-27-2005, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular

FYI - You need to send a certified letter to them with it in writing or when you go to move they can plead ignorance and you will be held responsible for the damage in the house, because you didn't report it.

Even if they don't fix it after the letter, at least your covered from liability.
#4 Old 07-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I talked to the office a couple times on the phone, and then went in at lunch. She has receipts from the roofing company for three different fixes, and I have a bit of documentation from prior entries for the roof. I also have pictures of the damage, and from today, the water actually running down the wall. You're right though SeaSiren- I still need to send a certified letter. What we discussed today was switching apartments. See, I like the area, and I love the apartment, just not the leak part. I *so* do not want to move.
#5 Old 07-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Isn't there something about not paying your rent until repairs are done?

Single vegetarian for 19 years seeks tasty vegetables to devour. Reply only if interested in being consumed whole.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page