eeeee! I <3 Farm Sanctuary - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Veggie Regular

So Mr. Meatless and I went to FS yesterday. It was beautiful and all the animals are so sweet and have their own unique personalities. The pigs were all in a snoot because it was ear cleaning day... are they ever a bunch of drama queens! One pig was sleeping and had her head buried under a pile of hay, presumably so she didn't have to be disturbed by all the ruckus around her as the other pigs protested (VERY LOUDLY).

We went on the one hour tour twice, and spent a lot of time shopping in the gift shop. I was very pleased with the level of access we had to the animals. On the slightly irritating side was the people who appeared to treat the excursion as on-par with a trip to the zoo who didn't seem to listen to the guide. But overall we were thrilled with the opportunity to mingle with the animals and take in the whole experience.
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I love the pictures, they are sooo cute!
#3 Old 07-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Veggie Regular

How fun. I would love to go there. Which location did you two visit?? Have you adopted an animal? If so, did you guys get to actually see that animal?

‎"I just think there's something in being lost. I never feel lost. I just think, 'Oh. I've taken a diversion'." ~ Karl Pilkington
#4 Old 07-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Veggie Regular

We went to New York since California is way far away.

We have not yet adopted an animal but our visit convinced Mr. Meatless that it would be a good thing to do (I already wanted to). Now we just have to decide what species!
#5 Old 07-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I donated to Farm Sanctuary and a New Delhi orphanage last Christmas in lieu of giving presents. And you know what? My extended family was THRILLED.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#6 Old 07-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I asked my family to donate to an animal charity instead of buying me gifts (when they asked what I wanted) but nobody did. I didn't do donations in anyone else's name because I wasn't sure if it would be seen the same way I see it.

I have donated to FS, I just haven't sponsored an animal yet.
#7 Old 07-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Meatless, you can borrow my family for donations-instead-of-gifts purposes.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#8 Old 07-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatless View Post

We went to New York since California is way far away.

We have not yet adopted an animal but our visit convinced Mr. Meatless that it would be a good thing to do (I already wanted to). Now we just have to decide what species!

how cool. are you doing a home adoption or the contributory kind? I need to do this. well not home adoption of course since I have no yard.

‎"I just think there's something in being lost. I never feel lost. I just think, 'Oh. I've taken a diversion'." ~ Karl Pilkington
#9 Old 07-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Veggie Regular

we couldn't possibly do a home adoption. We live in a major city and our backyard is roughly 20 feet by 20 feet. I believe it's also against the law. Then there's that small issue of the animal crossing the border....

so yeah... the contributory kind.
#10 Old 07-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Veggie Regular

My family went to this sanctuary last month: www.blackpineanimalpark.com .

This guy followed us around: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...l/610c534e.jpg

It was great to see the care given to the animals, but some of the stories about how they came to live there were horrible. People are stupid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page