Gifts for the man. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I guess men's opinions would be best, but if you ladies have ever given a man a gift that just beat all, that would be helpful too.

The man got a promotion. That he worked hard for. And he's a great father, and we have a special anniversary type date coming up, and he's a good husband, and I get to stay home and play with my kids all day and goof on the computer, and well.... he deserves giftage.

I might just go get him a gift certificate to Harbor Freight. Which is some weird sort of big lots type place that only carries stinky tools and welding machines and stuff I don't care about but that he adores... but I feel like a gc is a copout.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Each man is an individual, and none of us know this individual better than you, I'm sure. You know what he likes. If you don't, ask his friends, or his brothers if he has any that are close enough to know.

If none of those pan out, what is he interested in? Some men love computer-related stuff, electronic gadgets, etc, while others would prefer sports gear, or video games, or a really nice pair of shoes, etc.
#3 Old 06-24-2005, 08:02 PM
Veggie Regular

My family thinks big when it comes to gifts like that, so it's usually something such as car, big screen tv. But I know that's weird. You could get him a game pass for a team (what ever team he likes, if it's hometown). I think that's a cool idea. Massage hours for people who work hard. (personal fav) My dad LOVES the homemade creative gifts more than anything else. Specially somthing from me and my brothers. Treat him to a nice resturant dinner. Have something nice engraved for him. Like pens, rings, etc. I'm not good at ideas, but it was worth a shot. Good luck with the gift giving

<3
#4 Old 06-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Give him a day of pampering.
#5 Old 06-25-2005, 01:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm not so good at getting gifts for men, but I just wanted to say congrats to him! That's wonderful! Please tell him I said "YAY!"
#6 Old 06-25-2005, 01:36 AM

a whole lot more info is needed. such as his hobbies and the like. that is if the Great I, am to suggest anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page