Veggie BBQ in south/central NJ! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

sorry if this isnt the most appropriate section to post this in, i know most people dont check the local 5 pages of posts every week.

Hey all..

Im not sure of a date yet, does anyone have a better weekend than another? Im thinking the 3rd weekend in JULY, 23rd which is a saturday. It will be held in atco, NJ which is more south jersey at my moms place because she actually has a grill to use and has a pretty big pool. It could be a pool party for anyone wanting to go swimming as well. A couple buddies of mine i know will show up that live close to that area. They both will most likely bring some fancy "meatless" burgers and stuff like that. I can get vegan potato salad etc. stuff like that made too. If anyone would like to bring something, please email me or post here first just so 3 people dont have salad or potato salad and we dont have a diverse arrangement of food then

I am inviting a few of my friends, a couple are on here too, if you have any "meateater" friends lol, you may bring a husband/wife or b/f g/f if you like, since there wont be any meat type products so if they would like to try anything, thats fine. My mom eats meat but she has always eaten a lot of foods i eat and i guess her being 50 just takes her a while or years to just stop eating her crap lol.

For directions, please ask, ill post basic directions from different areas. I hope this is enough notice, about a month, for people to try and plan for that day. Most likely it will be hours of noon time until whenever or about 6pm. I know some people live farther say in North Jersey or PA, DE, you may still come, its not too bad, just take the major highways. You can get to the house from RT73 in New jersey, 206, 295, ac expressway... all are somewhat around it. Any questions or ideas, feel free to ask, a buddy on this board and his friend have had veggie BBQs before, with only a few people and were pretty neat and basic.... Well have a lot of fun. Im 23, but if your 15 or 50 you can still come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Ah man... I would definitely try to go if I was going to be in the area around that time. As you know, I'm originally from north NJ but I have friends in south jersey so I'm pretty familiar with the area.

Unfortunately, I'll only be down in NJ next week and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get down there in July. I'll let you know tho. Either way, have fun and take a bunch of pictures for VB.

#3 Old 06-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah if you know of a easier date than just let me know, hopefully that date is fine and most people can make it.
#4 Old 06-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

So you think just because you won that stupid sexiest vegetarian contest PETA had people will trample over each other just to go to your bbq?

Ok ill be there.
#5 Old 06-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post

So you think just because you won that stupid sexiest vegetarian contest PETA had people will trample over each other just to go to your bbq?

Ok ill be there.

lol, drag Seth with you, he probably hasnt had a good meal in months
#6 Old 06-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Hehe.. I feel sorry for that guy.
#7 Old 06-24-2005, 01:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe I'll be able to go! I live in north Jersey, but I go to school in south Jersey, so I am there constantly and know my way around. I have no boyfriend to bring...so hopefully if I go, someone from VB that I kind of know who they are will be there.
#8 Old 06-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Frost, you are from West Milford, right? Maybe that's not you...but someone on here said they were from West Milford, which is like 2 minutes from my house.
#9 Old 06-24-2005, 07:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountessKerouac View Post

Maybe I'll be able to go! I live in north Jersey, but I go to school in south Jersey, so I am there constantly and know my way around. I have no boyfriend to bring...so hopefully if I go, someone from VB that I kind of know who they are will be there.

I only knew one person on here but once you meet some others its pretty easy to get to know more people, depending on how many do show up... its cool to know just a couple vegetarians so you dont feel like your a population of your own lol.
#10 Old 06-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Poor Seth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

Hehe.. I feel sorry for that guy.

#11 Old 06-24-2005, 03:41 PM

I'm from Phillipsburg, sounds inviting, I'm usually busy on weekends anyway, but maybe...really nice of you to invite!!!

John
#12 Old 06-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Nope, not I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountessKerouac View Post

Frost, you are from West Milford, right? Maybe that's not you...but someone on here said they were from West Milford, which is like 2 minutes from my house.

#13 Old 06-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Veggie Regular

yeah if any of you have vegetarian friends just let me know, should be fine if they come along too
#14 Old 07-01-2005, 07:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I was told yesterday, the date is set for July 23. Since I didnt see it here I figured id post it.
#15 Old 07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Veggie Regular

DIRECTIONS---- ADDRESS 736 Fox Run Dr, Atco, NJ 08004-1237 If you choose to look it up via msn.com or something. Theres many ways to get to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

From Central Jersey, take Rt206 South, shortest way/longer time wise.

Go about 20-25 miles until you pass rt38 and the circle for rt70. Its about 4 miles max after the rt70 circle is MEDFORD LAKES ROAD, youll pass a MOBIL on the right and 1/4 mile past is Medford lakes road. Make that right at the light. go 1/2 mile

Turn LEFT onto OAK SHADE Road... Im sure its the first left you can make onto a road.

Oakshade turns into CR-534/jackson road, its all the same road, very easy, stay on this for almost 9 miles, then you come to Richards Ave

Theres a WAWA on your left, make that right onto, Richards AVE, pass 2 streets on your right, make the 3rd right onto the last available right onto FOX RUN DRIVE, goto the bend, its on the left, can park wherever on either side of the road near curbs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

From NORTH Jersey/NY/EAST PA ALLENTOWN

Get on I76 east near philly/towards Philly

Take I295 north "trenton" 3.2 miles

Take exit #29a/us-30 EAST onto White Horse Pike 10.4 miles

Take ramp onto RT73 North 0.9 miles

Turn right onto JACKSON ROAD, big Gas station/shell i think on corner

Go almost 3 miles, when you see the WAWA on your right, the road, Richards AVE is DIRECTLY across from it, there are trees in front of the wawa comming from this direction so when you DO see wawa, slow down fast.

pass 2 streets on your right, make the 3rd right onto the last available right onto FOX RUN DRIVE, goto the bend, its on the left, can park wherever on either side of the road near curbs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

From South Jersey /Cape may near Parkway.

Take Parkway North or south if you live north of Atlantic City to AC Expressway east. Go about 24 miles.

Take exit #31/RT73 onto Mays Landing Road, go almost 6 miles

Make a Right onto HAYES MILL RD go 0.4 miles, turns into atco ave

Make a Right onto JACKSON ROAD, go 0.7 miles

when you see the WAWA on your right, the road, Richards AVE is DIRECTLY across from it, there are trees in front of the wawa comming from this direction so when you DO see wawa, slow down fast.

pass 2 streets on your right, make the 3rd right onto the last available right onto FOX RUN DRIVE, goto the bend, its on the left, can park wherever on either side of the road near curbs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

From Deleware or Dover/DE area

Take I295 north, turns into US40 EAST

US40 east then turns into NJ turnpike north, go 25+ miles until exit #3

at exit #3/rt168 onto the Blackhorse pike go 1.4 miles

Bear right onto I295 NORTH towards trenton 1.8 miles

Take exit #29a/us30 EAST onto the WHITE horse Pike now towards Berlin and go 10.4 miles

Take ramp onto RT73 North go 0.9 miles

Turn RIGHT onto Jackson Road be on here almost 3 miles

when you see the WAWA on your right, the road, Richards AVE is DIRECTLY across from it, there are trees in front of the wawa comming from this direction so when you DO see wawa, slow down fast.

pass 2 streets on your right, make the 3rd right onto the last available right onto FOX RUN DRIVE, goto the bend, its on the left, can park wherever on either side of the road near curbs

-----------------------------------------------------------

If anyone gets lost to this they can call me at 609-610-1826 or 609-271-3997... Its not hard to get to and after you get off of RT73 for people comming from western areas, its not busy traffic at all. If anyone thinks they can bring food please let me know within the next 10 days.. It would be great to have vegan potato salad or some pastas etc, ill have many vegetarian/brand veggie burgers, boca/morninstar/gardenburger/veggiepatch stuff. Can email me if you like at [email protected] thanks.
#16 Old 07-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Veggie Regular

no one has any more responses lol?
#17 Old 07-11-2005, 02:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Moved to the 'Patch by ~Brandon. More appropriate here than in the Relationships and Family area.
#18 Old 07-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I live in south jersey.
#19 Old 07-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzzard View Post

I live in south jersey.

whereat? i have directions from there too
#20 Old 07-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I was thinking, if enough people say they can definitly come. I might do a tiny raffle thing, if enough people have a local whole foods, I can get say $25/$50 gift cards and then draw a name sometime once most people are all there.. Like a 50/50 but im just looking for enough tickets to cover the "prize"... say $5 a ticket or something.
#21 Old 07-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Who is going to be able to come? Will you be bringing any veggie friends? If you think theyd be interested to try veggie foods, bring them, please email me to let me know if you can come or if you can bring anything, if you know how to cook what you can make... thanks [email protected]

ttt
#22 Old 07-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Veggie Regular

lizzard or anyone else are you thinking you can make it? thanks guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page