What item or items do you feel "naked" without? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Other than clothes, that is.

I had to report for jury duty last December. Because of security restrictions, I had to leave my cellphone in the car because it has a camera. Boy, did I feel "naked" without it. I sat in that courthouse all day wishing I had it with me. I think it's kind of a silly feeling, because up until about ten years ago, I managed very nicely without a personal phone; I just made sure that when I left the house, I had enough change for a pay phone and the phone company's calling card in my wallet. I still carry around an eensy-weensy address book, but I don't add to it. Now, and because I don't have a PDA, whenever I get a new phone number to remember, I put it right into my cellphone, even though I'm not necessarily going to call that number from the cellphone.

I also feel "naked" without earrings. When I was about 18 or 19 (I can't remember my exact age), my sister surprised me for my birthday by taking me to the mall, where a jewelry store had a nurse on duty that day offering free ear piercings with an earring purchase. Ever since then, I cannot go out of the house without earrings. Yesterday morning, for the first time in about 15 years, I forgot to put earrings on when I got dressed. My ears felt REALLY naked! I'll even wear some small studs if I don't feel like wearing a fancy pair of earrings, just "to keep the holes open". I like earrings.

OK, so what about the rest of you? What do you have to have with you or on you so you don't feel "naked"?

Again, I meant other than clothes.

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Lip balm, cell phone, Spongebob wallet and gum. Always.
#3 Old 06-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm like you with the earrings.

Now that I'm engaged, I can't stand not having my ring on. I had to go without it for a couple of hours one day while it was being resized and it just didn't feel right.

I had my cellphone cut off while I was abroad and haven't bothered having service restored yet, so I've adjusted to life without it, but I used to hate not having it with me at all times.

I also feel naked without a hair tie around my wrist, "just in case", even if my hair is already tied back with a different hair tie.
#4 Old 06-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Banned

Lipstick and mascara.
#5 Old 06-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate going places without my chapstick/lip gloss. My lips get dry really quickly.

emmm....there's not much else I really feel naked without. I don't like to leave the house without my debit card and cellphone, but I don't feel weird without them. oh! actually, I really don't like to go anywhere without gym shoes on. For one, I hate heels. But I'm always worried there will be some emergency like I'll be chased by some psycho so I like to have my gyms so I can outrun them.
#6 Old 06-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Amy, I'm with you - besides my GLASSES which I can't function without, my cellphone and earrings definitely... my kids are constantly on my case, that my earrings are "boring" because I have worn basic little studs for years... I take them out when on a long phone call but HAVE to put them back as soon as I'm done...

Also my water bottle and my wallet I guess... I don't go anywhere without those either...
#7 Old 06-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

all my cheesy bracelets
#8 Old 06-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegankat View Post

Now that I'm engaged, I can't stand not having my ring on. I had to go without it for a couple of hours one day while it was being resized and it just didn't feel right.

Ring is a good one. I don't have an engagement ring but I've had the same celtic ring on my finger for 4 years (from when I almost moved to the UK) Kind of a reminder...which is strange because I'm in a comitted relationship but I still wear it.
#9 Old 06-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I feel naked without my collar or engagement ring. It just bothers the heck out of me when I don't have them on . . .
#10 Old 06-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

My watch. I have a SERIOUS watch-tan.
#11 Old 06-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh yeah, the watch. I don't have a watch tan, but on the occasions that I forget to put my watch on, I go like this: because I keep looking at my wrist expecting to see the time.

*this space not for sale*
#12 Old 06-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Veggie Regular

My watch and my lipgloss.
#13 Old 06-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Mascara, my phone and toenail polish in the summertime.
#14 Old 06-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Veggie Regular

my backpack, somewhat. i can't think of anything else.
#15 Old 06-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Beginner

I feel naked all the time no matter what I'm wearing. I guess I need to take up herb gardening or water aerobics or something to fill that void in my life.
#16 Old 06-16-2005, 04:37 PM

wedding ring, bracelettes and my bag.
#17 Old 06-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd say watch, earrings and toenail polish. Pretty basic stuff.
#18 Old 06-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Veggie Regular

pens/pencils
#19 Old 06-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I always wear my necklace and a ring -- I need them for fidgeting purposes. I've rarely forgotten to wear one or the other, but when I do (or when I have a show and I have to take them off) I feel really uncomfortable.

I usually have a hair band around my wrist. I've gotten less attached to that, but I have long hair and it comes in handy.

I always have a pen, at least a little piece of paper, and I almost always have a book with me. Pretty much anytime I go anywhere that isn't running.
#20 Old 06-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Veggie Regular

My watch and my ring. Especially my ring. It's a silver band with celtic knotwork on it that I got when I was 18. I've more or less worn it every day since then, and it only comes off when I shower or am doing something with my hands that might get it dirty or ruin it.
#21 Old 06-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Veggie Regular

My backpack.
#22 Old 06-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, I forgot! The heart necklace The_Gazumper gave me. If I don't wear it, I feel really uneasy, like something bad might happen. Before he gave me that one, I wore the amethyst one he gave me every day.
#23 Old 06-16-2005, 05:28 PM

I like to feel my teddy bear when Im naked.
#24 Old 06-16-2005, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl2beaver View Post

My watch. I have a SERIOUS watch-tan.

Heh..I have that too: a nice white, watch-shaped strip across my wrist.

I don't go anywhere without sunglasses. I wear them in summer, winter, morning, evening, whenever. Ironically, I've now lost (including the pair 3 weeks ago) approximately 4,367 pair of them. My eyes are super sensitive to the sun, but my sis jokes that I wear them to look cool. Heh.

<<<Googles "sunglasses factory" for investment purposes.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#25 Old 06-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm so used to lugging my backpack and guitar around school that whenever I go out anywhere, I end up getting that "naked" feeling and end up saying to myself, "Uh oh. Where's my backpack?!" before realizing that I didn't bring one with me...
#26 Old 06-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Veggie Regular

My purse... I carry it everywhere. And makeup.
#27 Old 06-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Veggie Regular

My ipod. Can't stand not having music on me.
#28 Old 06-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhadragon View Post

I like to feel my teddy bear when Im naked.

Ewww. Tom, thats way more than I wanted to know. I'll make sure to avoid any stuffed animals the next time I'm at your place

I used to feel nakie without the ring my then bf had given me. I also used to have a chapstick fetish . Now I can't think of anything other than my contact lenses that I never leave home without.
#29 Old 06-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Administrator

TiVo and now my iPod!

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#30 Old 06-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Veggie Regular

definitely my cell phone and hand bag. and my earrings. and my ring. and my necklace. other than that i'm ok.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page