where to go on vacation - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-05-2003, 02:25 PM

my husband and i are separating, and i've decided to take a week off work and go on vacation by myself. i have never done anything like this before, there is no way i would've been "allowed". i can have my mom watch my daughter. i just don't know where to go. it has to be in the united states. it will be hard enough leaving my daughter, let alone leave the country. suggestions anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-05-2003, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

thats sad that you are splitting up unless he is an ass !

well i wud want to go somewhere really fun like a beach or sumthing maybe cali or better hawwii (technically still in us) ? or some kind of beach like that

or

if you wanted something really relaxing you could always find one of those like famous spa type things and go there for like a week but they are kinda pricey

or

take a friend with you to somewhere like new york just hang out and be total tourists !
#3 Old 06-05-2003, 07:54 PM

yeah he is an ass of a husband. but a good father the only one my daughter has known. i don't have any friends cause he wanted to have sex with all of them. i won't go too much into detail, but i have lots of bagage and it would be better to go by myself anyway
#4 Old 06-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Veggie Regular

well he sounds just great !

but i dont know where else is a great vaqcation spot since im candain i have been to washington and orgen and cali and new york but thats about it i loved all of them tho wait i think ive been to ohio if thats near alberta but anyways maybe orgen ? or florida ? might be to hot in florida right now

well when you decide you have to tell us !
#5 Old 06-05-2003, 09:28 PM
Veggie Regular

A B&B would be nice and relaxing, or maybe a spa?

Do something special and restful...something that makes you feel good...focus on you.

I'm so sorry to hear of your separation, but it sounds as though it's what's best for you. I hope he continues to be a good father to your daughter.

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#6 Old 06-05-2003, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

i don't know what your specific needs are, but there are a lot of nice B and Bs out there that cater to whatever your needs may be.

here are a few questions though that will help us narrow it down:

does the idea of a daily routine of sleeping in, eating a nice lite breakfast, taking ina gentle yoga class (or something similar), going to a beach to rest all day in the sun, having a nice lunch on the beach, a long walk in the sand, dinner at a cafe overlooking sunset, and so on appeal to yoU?

or are you more interested in:

rising whenever, wandering around a fascinating city or town, learning about the culture and history of an area, taking in the local cuisine, and taking in a cultural event before bed?

or perhaps you'd like to:

go to a place where you can really hang with the locals, eat at the same great diner and get to know the staff, wander around town and shop in antique stores, getting to know the shop keepers and the local lore, take part in community events?

or maybe you'd like:

an immersion workshop in dance, movement, yoga, martial arts, writing, or art at a special retreat center, where you have time to meditate and study, to think and relax, as well as participate in creative activities and hang out with other people taking the same or similar workshops?

perhaps you'd just like:

some peace and quiet where you can meditate, pray, wander around amoung gardens, and participate in the gentle, silent practices of an intentional community?

There are lots of options out there. If one of these appeals to you. . .then i can help you find a few places. I know of a number of places which would fit each bill--you just have to pick from the menu!

Be well and happy!
#7 Old 06-05-2003, 09:47 PM

i guess i would lean more towards an all inclusive spa. i think i would be to scared to go walking around a strange place by myself
#8 Old 06-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Road trip is the only way to go...How about the peace and wildlife found in the mountains of Colorado. Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park are awesome!

I'm headed to San Antonio in 2 weeks on vacation. Taken the whole tribe down south. Will be in San Antonio for 3 days, staying downtown near the RiverWalk. Lots of shopping, a boat ride down the River, reservations at Hard Rock, and then we'll hit Sea World. The next 7 days will head 5 hours more south to South Padre Island. Staying at a resort on the beach, probably do some 4 wheel driving down parts of the island that are uninhabited, I'm hitting a really highly recommended Veggie restaurant in honor of my bro Michael, have a dolphin viewing cruise reserved, a snorkeling trip for me exclusively, and just some relaxing time on the beach and perhaps pull out my body board. It is a very affordable trip and should be lots of fun.

Other than that, if your wanting to travel to the Caribbean, like Jamaica (the ultimate trip!!) let me know. My Mom is a travel agent and frequently travels to this area and she has some great contacts that can result in deep discounts. She is no pressure and will check and provide you with options, after that it is up to you to decide. If anyone wants to check with me, PM me and where you are wanting to go and I'll be glad to have check rates etc! All for now KC.
#9 Old 06-05-2003, 10:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I think it would be a perfect time for a retreat. And it's a great place to go by yourself.

http://www.kripalu.org/r_and_r.html

That's a link to the Retreat and Renewal program which is the one I have done, is not expensive, and which I highly recommend. RichBeBe does too!
#10 Old 06-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

what area are you in? what kind of budget are you working with?
#11 Old 06-06-2003, 06:59 PM
Veggie Regular

We recently visited The Sweet Thyme Inn, in West Virginia. It's a completely vegan Bed and Breakfast in the deep mountains. There's no cell phone reception, no television, just good vegan meals and some hiking trails. If you need some restful, "by myself" time, I would highly recommend it.
#12 Old 06-06-2003, 07:59 PM

im in minnesota. my budget is around 500 dollars
#13 Old 06-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Do a search on Galena, IL. Lots of small town shops, relaxing bed and breakfasts. An awesome little town.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page