Cuddle Parties - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 06-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post

i guess if I was old, and getting lonely, I think I would like a big cuddle from someone, but i dont know, but i keep picturing some fat old guy trying to cuddle wth me... ...... ....

What great timing! Some guys at work were telling me about the client of a project I will be starting. Apparently, this guy brings the cuddle party wherever he goes. He ...

1) Starts with a giant bear-hug greeting.

2) Continues embrace while rubbing/patting your back.

3) Continues all of the above and then starts whispering in your ear asking about the family and such.

4) After however long this takes, everyone goes to sit in their chairs. Whoever ends up in the chair next to him gets their legged rubbed while he talks to them.

As far as I know, he only does this to other men, but he has such a reputation that everyone rushes to sit in the chairs furthest from him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 06-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissancesun View Post

I think it could be fun, IF just the right mix of people showed up and IF I could really tell someone to leave me alone and not have them sulk.

I don't think it would very likely be that. So, no, I think I would have to pass. It would be fun if I got to know people in other places first, and liked them.

I know a guy who organizes these, his comment was that only positive things ever come out of them. I have no firsthand experience but I guess I have a slight preference for his view since I believe to be reasonable and honest.
#63 Old 06-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Ya, add me to the list of people who would find this creepy.
#64 Old 06-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Impeach the gangster

Looks like mechanical sex. Yuckoes.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#65 Old 06-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Veggie Regular

no thanks. i'm sure it attracts a ton of pervos and the whole idea of getting cuddled by some dude I don't know with a boner makes me wanna
#66 Old 06-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofurkyZombie View Post

no thanks. i'm sure it attracts a ton of pervos and the whole idea of getting cuddled by some dude I don't know with a boner makes me wanna

A clearly visible boner too since he'll be wearing his pajamas. Much like a sweat pant boner.
#67 Old 06-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Veggie Regular

sweatpant boners. hahaha
#68 Old 06-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Veggie Regular

ewww.. I saw one once.
#69 Old 06-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Banned

I think it says a lot about our society that, apparently, the typical adult cannot fathom the idea of adults being affectionate in a non sexual setting.
#70 Old 06-25-2005, 02:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

I think it says a lot about our society that, apparently, the typical adult cannot fathom the idea of adults being affectionate in a non sexual setting.

Agreed, remilard. I don't think that affection between two persons need be sexual if the parties aren't interested in that aspect. I've always had female friends, and been affectionate with them. Not necessarily cuddle party affectionate, but we always hug, give pecks on the cheek and it's not a huge deal to cuddle (i.e. lean back on one another on a sofa or whatever) and watch a movie or something. I don't think expressing love on a platonic level is a bad thing at all, personally. My best friend for years and years was female (until she moved away) and it was a normal thing for she and I to walk arm in arm and such.
#71 Old 06-25-2005, 02:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I am a cuddle ho. Seriously, I don't think that I have a guy friend IRL that I haven't cuddled with in a non-sexual way. Especially during movies, but not while sleeping. I need my space while sleeping!
#72 Old 06-25-2005, 03:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Well I hope you didn't get that impression from me, but you don't think these cuddle parties attract people looking for some action? And if kissing and touching is allowed (i'm sure that includes "making out" type of kissing and touching of sexual areas) then I don't see it as a non-sexual setting. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Either way, I don't see anything wrong with it. I just find it bizarre.
#73 Old 06-25-2005, 03:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstars View Post

Well I hope you didn't get that impression from me, but you don't think these cuddle parties attract people looking for some action? And if kissing and touching is allowed (i'm sure that includes "making out" type of kissing and touching of sexual areas) then I don't see it as a non-sexual setting. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Either way, I don't see anything wrong with it. I just find it bizarre.

You are wrong, I shouldn't have to correct you because you shouldn't have a preconceived notion about what these parties are like without reading the link I gave in the OP.

I seriously overestimated the open mindedness of VB on this one.

You are right, adults only touch when the f*ck, or maybe this lack of healthy affection among adults is the reason so many kids are f*cked up.
#74 Old 06-25-2005, 03:28 AM
Banned

I touch and kiss my mother, I guess I want to have sex with her and I am a pervert. Call the cops.
#75 Old 06-25-2005, 03:28 AM
Baby Love

Aww. Sounds like most of the people on this thread could use some cuddling.
#76 Old 06-25-2005, 03:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Seriously...is there such a thing as being cuddled too much? Maybe there is, but I've never been there. I like being touched. Obviously, I want to know the person who's doing it.
#77 Old 06-25-2005, 03:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You are wrong, I shouldn't have to correct you because you shouldn't have a preconceived notion about what these parties are like without reading the link I gave in the OP.

I seriously overestimated the open mindedness of VB on this one.

You are right, adults only touch when the f*ck, or maybe this lack of healthy affection among adults is the reason so many kids are f*cked up.

Well instead of asking us to discuss, you should've just said "agree with me or don't post".

But ya, I skimmed through the webpage. Sorry if I missed anything, I know that may be upsetting, but I sincerely apologize if I did. The impression I got was, you could touch eachother (with permission). Does that not include private areas such as the vagina and the ding dong? (over clothes) And if so, why or why isn't that sexual?

FTR, I never said that adults only touch when they F. And I'm not so sure why you're getting so worked up over this one.
#78 Old 06-25-2005, 03:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandon View Post

I like being touched. Obviously, I want to know the person who's doing it.

Ya, I think that's what most of the people who find these cuddle parties weird are saying. Sexual or not, it just would be bizarre for me to cuddle up with someone I don't really know.
#79 Old 06-25-2005, 03:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I touch and kiss my mother, I guess I want to have sex with her and I am a pervert. Call the cops.

ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

Aww. Sounds like most of the people on this thread could use some cuddling.

Hey, I'm not going to deny that. I could use a good cuddling right about now.
#80 Old 06-25-2005, 03:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I kiss my mother too. She's my mom!

I kissed my 80 year old grandfather on his cheek the last time I saw him too. Neither he or I are gay, and we were both fine with it. I love the man, and I'm not ashamed to let him know that. He hugged me big time and said "I love you too, BT." My middle name starts with a 't'.

I do not kiss or scarcely hug my father. That's a different situation.
#81 Old 06-25-2005, 03:44 AM
Baby Love

Quote:

Hey, I'm not going to deny that. I could use a good cuddling right about now.

Too bad for you that you ripped up that party invite
#82 Old 06-25-2005, 03:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

Too bad for you that you ripped up that party invite

I didn't want your sweat pant boner poking my back anyhow. Perhaps if we got to know eachother a little better, that might change things.
#83 Old 06-25-2005, 03:52 AM
Baby Love

Uh huh. I think you'll have to find another sweat pant boner, cause I'm fresh out.
#84 Old 06-25-2005, 05:12 AM
Beginner

i would
#85 Old 06-25-2005, 07:17 AM
Veggie Regular

The thought of this is replusive.

I can't bear being touched by people....my husband and my kids are it.

I don't even hug my relatives and friends, even though I love them dearly.

I'm not a toucher and I'd be unbelievably uncomfortable at one of these parties.

Then again, I'm uncomfortable at most parties, except small ones where I know everyone well.....
#86 Old 06-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Banned

I don't care if you agree with me newstars, what pissed me off is that you completely fabricated your entire idea of what these cuddle parties are like and ridiculed them. As a Canadian and a vegetarian, I would think you would be sensitive to people fabricating things about your way of life and then ridiculing you for it.
#87 Old 06-25-2005, 11:02 AM

Quote:

But ya, I skimmed through the webpage. Sorry if I missed anything, I know that may be upsetting, but I sincerely apologize if I did. The impression I got was, you could touch eachother (with permission). Does that not include private areas such as the vagina and the ding dong? (over clothes) And if so, why or why isn't that sexual?

See, this is what happens when you make assumptions without reading the info. On the webpage, there's a link for rules. Here they are:

STICK TO THE RULES: Here are the absolutely essential, tried and true Rules of the Cuddle Game. Read 'em and follow 'em!

1. Pajamas stay on the whole time.

2. No SEX. (Yep, you read that right.)

3. A) Kissing and nuzzling, as well as other forms of touch, are allowed, but you must ask permission and receive a verbal YES before you touch anyone.B) You don't have to cuddle anyone at a Cuddle Party, ever.

4. If you're a yes, say YES. If you're a no, say NO.

5. If you're a maybe, say NO.

6. You are encouraged to change your mind from a yes to a no, no to a yes anytime you want.

7. NO DRY HUMPING!

8. If you're in a relationship, communicate and set your boundaries and agreements BEFORE you go to the Cuddle Party. Don't re-negotiate those agreements/boundaries during the Cuddle Party. (Trust us on this one.)

9. Get your Cuddle Lifeguard On Duty or Cuddle Caddy if there's a concern, problem, or question or should you feel unsafe or need assistance with anything during the Cuddle Party.

10. Crying and giggling are both welcomed and encouraged.

11. Please be respectful of other people's privacy when sharing with the outside world about Cuddle Parties and DO NOT GOSSIP.

12. Arrive on time.

13. Be hygienically savvy.

14. Keep the cuddle space tidy and pick up after yourself.

15. Always say thank you and practice good Cuddle Manners.

**emphasis mine**
#88 Old 06-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I don't care if you agree with me newstars, what pissed me off is that you completely fabricated your entire idea of what these cuddle parties are like and ridiculed them. As a Canadian and a vegetarian, I would think you would be sensitive to people fabricating things about your way of life and then ridiculing you for it.

Haha, wow. I really hit a nerve. I don't remember frabricating anything actually. I assumed that the "other forms of touch" did not exlude touching of the genital area which, to me, would be sexual (hence my comment about the party not being a non-sexual setting). I did not assume or say that sexual intercourse was occuring at these parties. I also didn't say that touching and kissing anyone always leads to sexual intercourse, even if it's your mother. That was an assumption you made about MY words (a bizaree one, at that). But, misunderstandings happen here, and I won't hold it against you.

I also left myself open to the possibility of being wrong. That's what "correct me if i'm wrong" means. So I don't know why you didn't just correct me in my wrong and leave out the drama.

And if you think the sweat pant boners are just a fabrication, here's a link that might tickle your fancy.

http://www.cuddleparty.com/about/faq.html#erections

Quote:
Erections. Erections. ERECTIONS. There, we said it.

When men get aroused, they sometimes get erections. Arousal is an inherent part of being human. But somehow, somewhere, many of us began to believe that we must act on this arousal whenever it showed up, as if we may never have another chance to be horny again and we must strike while the iron is hot, so to speak.

Well, this attitude has caused all sorts of weirdness in our society and massive miscommunications between the sexes.

Since Cuddle Parties are safe spaces for adults to explore and practice affectionate touch without sexualizing it, and since the state of arousal is natural for us human beings, it's no surprise that erections sometimes do occur. Our goal is not to teach men how not to get erections. Instead, we want to make normal functions and needs of human beings seem, well, "normal."

We strive not only to free people of the awkwardness surrounding arousal, but to allow them to develop some real coordination around it. At a Cuddle Party, erections become Mother Nature's way of giving us the thumbs-up sign. Nothing's wrong. Nothing's dirty. Nothing's suspect. And as long as you're not dry humping anyone (Rule #7), it's completely okay. Really.

Again, nothing WRONG with that. But, just because some people here wouldn't be big on cuddling with a stranger and feeling their ding dong poking on their back, doesn't make them any less open-minded. I also don't think it's a stretch to believe that these events attract the wrong type of people. That is of course not to say that most of the people at these parties are genuinely there to have a good time.

Hopefully, this post is a little clearer as to what my opinion is and will give you less opportunity to make "fabrications" of your own.
#89 Old 06-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for posting exactly what i was going to post last night but was too lazy to newstars. Complete with the link and quote I was going to use. I guess if not wanting to feel (not as in feel feel but even pressed on me somewhere would creep me out) some strangers hardon makes me closed minded then so be it.

edited to clear up the feeling issue
#90 Old 06-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Banned

RE: Fabrications

Newstars implied that kissing was inherently sexual. Several members have verified that the kiss family and or friends that they do not and do not wish to have sex with.

Newstars has repeatedly implied that cuddle parties are sexual, this is incorrect.

The strawman has implied that vegetarians are prone to sickness because they don't get enough iron and B12.

remilard has implied that all Canadians have posters of Celine Dion on their bedroom walls.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page