The Facebook - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Some of you may heard about the online craze among American college/university students, The Facebook. If you are a college student, are you a member? Are you engrossed by it? Obsessed with it?

As a commuter student, I find it the easiest way to learn about on-campus happenings (yes, there is indeed a party listing), organizations, and who the crap is in my classes. The best part is the "Social Network", so you are connected with people who add you as friends, their friends, friends of those friends, etc. Not that this actually translates into actual "real life" friends for me, but I do find it quite fun to browse. It sucks you in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Veggie Regular

i'm a member. i check who is in my classes, but i'm not obsessed with it because i don't really know anyone.
#3 Old 04-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I am in it, but as a general rule I don't pay much attention to network stuff like that; I use it to collect contact information when needed, and for not much more.
#4 Old 04-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, I remember when that was called "MySpace" heh...
#5 Old 04-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I was obsessed by it, but then I got over it. Then our basketball team joined, and I made it my life's mission to friend all of them. It's pretty handy for finding out people's AIM names and phone numbers when you drop your cell phone and it breaks into 4 pieces

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page