What color(s) best define(s) you and why? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Red, green, purple, and black best define me.

Red, because it's strong, lively, happy, and an overall feel-good color (I try to make everyone feel good).

Green, because it's soothing, mellow, and connected to nature.

Purple, because it's intense.

Black, because it's the color of night, and I'm very much a night person, even though due to my work schedule, I must inhabit daylight hours more (I really do love blue skies and sunshine, though!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Green, just because it's my favorite color. It's also the color of plants, so I guess it's sort of "the color of life."
#3 Old 05-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't put a color to define me, but my favorite is orange -- shades of orange. I love autumnal colors.

There's a color-personality theory or some such thing, but I cannot recall the name of it.
#4 Old 05-27-2003, 07:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Purple, dark blue, burgundy, emerald green.

Just because! I'm not a fan of light colours...
#5 Old 05-27-2003, 08:42 PM

Green because I'm a nature girl, and green makes me feel more connected to nature.

Red because I can be a very intense person and I think red is the most intense color (except perhaps neon green? )

Black & white because I can be naughty or nice
#6 Old 05-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Blue... for no reason. I just like it.
#7 Old 05-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

rainbow - not bcuz of gay pride but that i have some many different personatlity traits
#8 Old 05-27-2003, 09:28 PM
Beginner

I'm with Strix....orange, and every color of it! Orange and gray. I know it's a weird combination, but gray is just so....cozy.
#9 Old 05-27-2003, 09:31 PM

Pink because I am extremly girly and grey because I never see things as black or white.
#10 Old 05-27-2003, 09:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Mother of Pearl, no one can figure out just what color I am.

My favorite color is blue-violet, though.
#11 Old 05-27-2003, 09:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Bright blue - it's vibrant, bright, attention-seeking, loud, confident and happy. Plus it's the colour of the ocean and I love the ocean and the colour of the sky
#12 Old 05-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Veggie Regular

orange or blue... (not together)

Orange because it's unexpected and cheery...

Blue because it's classic and always appropriate.

#13 Old 05-27-2003, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Blue and yellow. I'm rarely caught wearing an outfit that doesn't have at least one of these colors. I wear a lot of black, too, though for no particular reason.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#14 Old 05-27-2003, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

spa_girl, I have a top that is blue and orange (and looks fabbo too!) I'm not an orange fan but it's a really burnt orange autumnal colour, and a deep sky blue, and I don't know it really works! It definitely got my fiance's attention (when we first met I was wearing that top)...
#15 Old 05-27-2003, 10:29 PM

Red and Blue

Red- It's bold, bright, and cheery! And not as girly as pink! I would say my personality is more red than it would be pink. My brother said it best when he said, "You are a combination of a girl and a guy personality. Just the right spice!" hehehehe.

Blue- It's mysterious, yet gentle, and happy. It's a very deep color if you think about it. (It's my fave!)

I just love bold colors in general.
#16 Old 05-28-2003, 12:11 AM
Veggie Regular

I love shades of blue and green.

Blue is my favorite color. It feels so peaceful. I love to lay on my back on a sunny day and just stare at the baby blue sky.

Green because it's the color of spring. I love to see the first blades of green grass come up out of the ground or peeking out from underneath the snow. If I could, I would live somewhere really warm, like Florida or Southern California all year just to get away from the cold, snowy New England winters. I like to go ski occasionally and snowy mountains are pretty to look at, but really!
#17 Old 05-28-2003, 12:23 AM
Banned

black and pink.. because i'm a very serious girly girl. haha. i'm usually wearing either or both.

but red comes close, too. i like red lightbulbs

i don't like blue or brown.. especially in combination. i think the colours you don't like say something about you too. i just don't know what exactly..
#18 Old 05-28-2003, 12:37 AM

Orange.. its loud.. im loud..

Orange is my favourite colour..

Although, I wear mostly black.

No colours define me. I define myself.

I dont like Fuschia pink, but both my duvet cover and mosquito netting surronding my bed are Fuschia,

Which is mind boggling. I have a pink room, with multicoloured fairy lights around it.. Whenever my friends see it for the first time they are shocked, as im not a "pretty" person.

Danny
#19 Old 05-28-2003, 12:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I like blue, red and purple.

Blue - it's such a calm, peaceful colour and is very emotionally solid

Red - definitely bright, happy and powerful; it makes me think of determination

Purple - to me it's the colour of magical things and everything

I've thought way too much about these colours.
#20 Old 05-28-2003, 02:11 AM
Veggie Regular

deep blue like the ocean. I think I am like the ocean
#21 Old 05-28-2003, 09:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Emerald Green. It probably has something to do with the Wizard of Oz. Green, as in "natural" and emerald because I like my Down To Earthness to be shiny. Sparkle. Polished. Perfected. I'm a virgo.
#22 Old 05-28-2003, 10:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm like a mood ring, my colors change.

However the "What's your true color" test I took at Emode says that I am green.

You're green, the color of growth and vigor. Good-hearted and giving, you have a knack for finding and bringing out the best in people. Green is the most down-to-earth color in the spectrum reliable and trustworthy. People know they can count on you to be around in times of need, since your concern for people is genuine and sincere. You take pride in being a good friend. For you, success is measured in terms of personal achievement and growth, not by status or position. Rare as emeralds, greens are wonderful, natural people. It truly is your color!

http://www.emode.com/color/
#23 Old 05-28-2003, 11:29 AM

Yellow! I am not a very sunny person, but maybe I aspire to be.

I also like brown and pink for clothing. And most shades of blue and green are soothing to me.

grey is my favorite color... I felt so symbolic yesterday
#24 Old 05-28-2003, 11:31 AM

black

black like my coffee

black like my soul
#25 Old 05-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Crap. That link doesn't do what I want it to
#26 Old 05-28-2003, 02:44 PM

Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose...

I'm attracted to green of many different shades because it reminds me of nature, and growth, and life in general.

Blue because it's a soothing.
#27 Old 05-28-2003, 02:53 PM

I thought you all might enjoy taking this quiz. http://www.colorquiz.com/

It nailed me 100%!

Your existing situation:

Sensuous. Inclined to luxuriate in things which give gratification to the senses, but rejects anything tasteless, vulgar, or coarse.

Your Stress Sources:

Feels trapped in a disagreeable situation and powerless to remedy it. Angry and disgruntled as she doubts that she will be able to achieve the goals and frustrated almost to the point of nervous prostration. Wants to get away, feel less restricted, and free to make her own decisions.

Your Restrained Characteristics:

Willing to become emotionally involved, but demanding and particular in her choice of a partner and in her relations with those close to her. Needs reassurance and is careful to avoid open conflict since this might reduce her prospects of realizing her hopes.

Your Desired Objective:

Wants to make a favorable impression and be recognized. Needs to feel appreciated and admired. Sensitive and easily hurt if no notice is taken of her or if she is not given adequate acknowledgment.

Your Actual Problem:

Strongly resists outside influence and any interference with her freedom to make her own decisions and plans. Works to establish and strengthen her own position.

Your Actual Problem #2:

Depleted vitality has created an intolerance for any further stimulation, or demands on her resources. This sense of powerlessness, combined with frustration that she cannot control events, subjects her to agitation, irritation, and acute distress. She tries to escape these by stubborn insistence on her own point of view, but the general condition of helplessness renders this often unsuccessful. Is therefore very sensitive to criticism and quick to take offense.

So ... now I'm an open book!
#28 Old 05-28-2003, 05:06 PM

Okay ... you all HAVE to take that test! http://www.colorquiz.com/

My husband and a good friend of mine took it and both of theirs came out VERY different from each other or mine, but all very "on target!" VERY wild!
#29 Old 05-28-2003, 07:35 PM

My favorite color is brown, then green. I like brown the best, I have for years, because its soft and warm and dull. Its pleasantly boring. Yet its also the color of dirt, also a nice trait. Green is alive...I love chlorophyll!

The best compliment I've ever recieved was from a friend who told someone that he thought my eyes were the most beautiful he had ever seen, because they're the color of rich soil. That made me way happy rah for brown eyed girls!
#30 Old 05-28-2003, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDansyr

Okay ... you all HAVE to take that test! http://www.colorquiz.com/

My husband and a good friend of mine took it and both of theirs came out VERY different from each other or mine, but all very "on target!" VERY wild!

Moondansyr, I agree. That test is rather scary.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page