Four year old boy shoots two year old brother - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Banned

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-14-2005, 01:40 AM
Banned

Remember, if the gun hadn't been there it wouldn't have changed anything. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I'm sure the older brother would have killed the younger brother with his bare hands or a fork if he didn't have access to a gun.

The mother needs to spend some time in a prison cell.
#3 Old 03-14-2005, 01:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

Remember, if the gun hadn't been there it wouldn't have changed anything. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I'm sure the older brother would have killed the younger brother with his spare hands or a fork if he didn't have access to a gun.

The mother needs to spend some time in a prison cell.

I agree! Parents who have guns need to take every measure necessary to make sure those kids don't have any access to it all.

Sounds like mom should try to find out why her four old is so angry. CPS removed him from the home. He's with his grandmother now. Maybe it's for the best.
#4 Old 03-14-2005, 08:34 AM
Veggie Regular

That is so sad. That picture of the little boy in his jammies with paper bags over his hands just really disturbed me. I hope the 2 year old will be okay.
#5 Old 03-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Oh lord, what kind of mother leaves loaded guns lying around for her kids to play with?

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#6 Old 03-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Remember, if the gun hadn't been there it wouldn't have changed anything. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I'm sure the older brother would have killed the younger brother with his spare hands or a fork if he didn't have access to a gun.

#7 Old 03-14-2005, 02:10 PM

Quote:

Remember, if the gun hadn't been there it wouldn't have changed anything. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

I was thinking the same thing.
#8 Old 03-15-2005, 01:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Oh lord, what kind of mother leaves loaded guns lying around for her kids to play with?

Maybe her brother is the guy who got shot by his cat.

Ugh. What a waste.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#9 Old 03-15-2005, 05:25 AM

Quote:

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

In the words of Eddie Izzard... "I think the gun helps. It's not just that loud noise they make, you know."
#10 Old 03-15-2005, 11:22 AM

This is why I have always said, "If you're going to let the kids play with your guns, make sure they're not loaded!"

The Rev
#11 Old 03-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyGirl View Post

In the words of Eddie Izzard... "I think the gun helps. It's not just that loud noise they make, you know."

This is why I love 'im.

*this space not for sale*
#12 Old 03-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'm sure the older brother would have killed the younger brother with his bare hands or a fork if he didn't have access to a gun.

I hope you are kidding about this part. Hes 4......

Mom should go to jail for a long time for being so stupid as to leave a gun in her purse.

Those poor kids.....
#13 Old 03-15-2005, 12:34 PM

Remilard was being sarcastic.
#14 Old 03-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Just a bit ironic that the gun was purchased to protect her and her family.

Goes to show that the guns don't need to be obtained illegally to get into the wrong hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain2lightening View Post

I hope you are kidding about this part. Hes 4......

I was questioning it myself for a bit too. It's funny when you think about it though, cause the argument is so rediculous, but people actually use it to advocate gun ownership. heh.
#15 Old 03-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Veggie Regular

yeah i know. its sad....
#16 Old 03-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Veggie Regular

OMG, what a tragedy!

I admit I'm pretty suspicious that the mom says that day was the ONE day she hadn't secured the gun. The kid knew right were to find it, so it must have been there often.

Those poor kids...
#17 Old 03-15-2005, 01:54 PM

I know - even if the little one comes out of this O.K., can you imagine the issues both of these boys will have?
#18 Old 03-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

This saddens my heart.

Guns have claimed so many lives - at least loved ones in my life it has

How can you eat anything with eyes? ~ Will Kellogg
#19 Old 03-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

why, oh why, did I click on that link?! I can't handle stories like this. I can't help thinking about my own little boy.

What an enormous tragedy. This just affirms my decision to never, ever, ever allow a firearm of any kind in my home.
#20 Old 03-16-2005, 06:07 AM
Veggie Regular

The idea of guns being used for protection is a joke. If the gun hadn't been there the kid wouldn't have shot his brother.

There is nothing safe or protected about a household that has a weapon in that could kill somebody.
#21 Old 03-16-2005, 06:52 AM
Banned

Pro gun folks always say 'guns should be kept under lock and key, especially in houses with children'. Well, if the point of keeping the gun is for 'home security' then doesn't keeping it under lock and key defeat this purpose?

'Excuse me, Mr Home Intruder, please give me a minute to find my keys, unlock my gun and take careful aim at you. Thanks'.
#22 Old 03-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Veggie Regular

One of the scariest moments I've had working with children was hearing a 4 year old describe to his buddies during a playground "well my dad...." contest, the exact location of his father's handgun and keys to said gun.

We let his mom know (they were separated) and she said that she didn't know anything about Dad having a gun, but she'd check. Sure enough, gun was in a lockbox right where the kid said (under the couch). Keys were in dad's desk drawer.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#23 Old 03-16-2005, 08:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse View Post

I know - even if the little one comes out of this O.K., can you imagine the issues both of these boys will have?

There was a guy in my hometown that shot his little brother. The little brother in that case died. He was one of my brother's good friends and yeah the guy was the saddest guy that Ive ever met. He had a lot of issues that his family never really dealth with. It was the thing that nobody talked about.
#24 Old 03-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalafel View Post

Pro gun folks always say 'guns should be kept under lock and key, especially in houses with children'. Well, if the point of keeping the gun is for 'home security' then doesn't keeping it under lock and key defeat this purpose?

'Excuse me, Mr Home Intruder, please give me a minute to find my keys, unlock my gun and take careful aim at you. Thanks'.

(Emphasis added.)

It seems to me the same considerations apply to having to rummage through a purse to find a gun.

Both the woman in this story and the guy in the "shot-by-cat" story would have been a lot better off if they had had some sort of holster and kept the guns on their persons.
#25 Old 03-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Both the woman in this story and the guy in the "shot-by-cat" story would have been a lot better off if they had had some sort of holster and kept the guns on their persons.

It sounds like they would have been a lot better off without guns at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page