Chicago Vegan Meetup in March! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Veggie Regular

IamJen mentioned this in the Illinois thread, but just to make sure no one is left out who wants to attend, I'm putting this here:

On Saturday, March 5th, a Vegan Meetup is taking place at noon at Ethiopian Diamond restaurant on Broadway in Chicago. Please PM me or IamJen if you're interested in attending, as we need to provide a tally of guests in order to ensure enough seating for everyone. The Meetups typically last for 2 hours, so after we eat, we can hang out and/or plan some sort of activity afterward. I'm in Oak Park, so if anyone wants to meet me there first, we can travel to the restaurant together.

C'mon Chicagoans...let's get together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Yay!!!!!
#3 Old 02-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Veggie Regular

i always try to go to those, but its so hard because i am at school- i need to go to the next one though- maybe ill take the bus home
#4 Old 02-14-2005, 09:14 AM

I wanna..I wanna! I see a choo-choo ride in the future for the mouser and I...can I bring the bird?
#5 Old 02-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Veggie Regular

What a disappointment! I live too far away from Chicago (California) to be able to attend casually, and it's too soon for me to be able to adjust my schedule and make travel arrangements. The thought of VB'ers having fun without me is too much to bear...

I'd love a meetup for California (southern or northern) sometime later this year...

*this space not for sale*
#6 Old 02-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

What a disappointment! I live too far away from Chicago (California) to be able to attend casually, and it's too soon for me to be able to adjust my schedule and make travel arrangements. The thought of VB'ers having fun without me is too much to bear...

I'd love a meetup for California (southern or northern) sometime later this year...

Amy, here is the link for Vegan Meetups, and there are several in California. Just figure out which one is closest to you, and then start a thread to see if there are any VB'ers who want to join you there!

http://search.aimhome.netscape.com/a....meetup.com%2F
#7 Old 02-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhadragon View Post

I wanna..I wanna! I see a choo-choo ride in the future for the mouser and I...can I bring the bird?

Sure, bring Cecil! I'll have a present for him when he arrives...a bird-sized Hannibal Lechter-type mask! He'll look so cute in it!
#8 Old 02-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Veggie Regular

It's possible but not terribly likely- I will look into it, though.
#9 Old 02-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

i was thinking of a vb meetup on the west coast later in the year too! even though i'm not from the west coast... i'm more than likely going to portland for a bit of the summer and naturally the first thing i thought was "hey i wonder which vbers are around there?"
#10 Old 02-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Administrator

I don't think I'll be able to make this one. Work. Bleh.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#11 Old 02-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I'll plan on coming.
#12 Old 02-15-2005, 01:56 AM
Veggie Regular

The best part of all this is...

I'm planning on being in Chicago for Spring Break!!!!!!!!!

Which means that I'll get a chance to meet a few of you for the first time. And AoD, you better be there. Hop the train with Mouse and Buddha!
#13 Old 02-15-2005, 01:58 AM
Administrator

I'll believe it when I see it. If you go I'll go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#14 Old 02-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

I'll believe it when I see it. If you go I'll go.

So I guess I'll see you next month!
#15 Old 02-15-2005, 09:25 AM
Veggie Regular

A train I think I can do.

The hard part is getting to St. Louis to get the train.

stupid Cape and their stupid lack of stupid public transportation of any sort. When I become mayor of this town, (which I never will. I'm outta here as soon as possible) the first thing I'll do is put a train station and/or greyhound station here. The second thing I'll do is make buses that take you places within the city. The third thing I'll do is some sort of plan to move the college closer to things like the grocery store.
#16 Old 02-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOfDance View Post

A train I think I can do.

The hard part is getting to St. Louis to get the train.

stupid Cape and their stupid lack of stupid public transportation of any sort. When I become mayor of this town, (which I never will. I'm outta here as soon as possible) the first thing I'll do is put a train station and/or greyhound station here. The second thing I'll do is make buses that take you places within the city. The third thing I'll do is some sort of plan to move the college closer to things like the grocery store.

OH MY GOSH I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL!!
#17 Old 02-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Are the meetups usually once a month? I have to work March 5.
#18 Old 02-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Are the meetups usually once a month? I have to work March 5.

Yes, Wolfie, the Meetups are the first Saturday of every month, so we can coordinate another gathering at one sometime in the future. They're at a different restaurant each month...what would be nice is if you could attend one at Chicago Diner when it's warm outside...we sit on the back deck. You could try one of their amazing soy milkshakes!
#19 Old 02-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post

Chicago Diner when it's warm outside...we sit on the back deck. You could try one of their amazing soy milkshakes!

the cookie dough one
#20 Old 02-16-2005, 04:03 PM

<<<slaps some sense into vggiegirl..Everyone knows that mint chocolate is the best. Duh.

AOD/Mouse/Buddha/other out of town folks: There's been some buzz about having a more "organized" (lol), onger, weekend type get together in May or June. Thoughts on what weekend would be a good one?

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#21 Old 02-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Aww nuts, I get back from spring break on the 12th. Oh well.
#22 Old 02-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular

It sounds like fun, but its too far from CA! I've seen a few posts in here about organizing something on the west coast later in the year--please keep me posted when something develops on that plan, I'd love to be there!
#23 Old 02-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

<<<slaps some sense into vggiegirl..Everyone knows that mint chocolate is the best. Duh.

Mint chocolate chip is the official vegan shake flavor of VeggieBoards.

#24 Old 02-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey guys...so I just went to meetup.com and the info is gone??? It says a venue has not yet been chosen. But it lists an event for 2/27 (Sunday) An Earthsave Potluck at Whole Foods. I'd be willing to go if anyone else wants to, but I really want to go to the regular meetup. What's up wit dat?

#25 Old 02-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadolphin View Post

It sounds like fun, but its too far from CA! I've seen a few posts in here about organizing something on the west coast later in the year--please keep me posted when something develops on that plan, I'd love to be there!

A west coast gathering will never happen because no one wants to organize it. I tried last year and there was zero interest, I don't really feel like trying again.

ETA: I'm not bitter, really.
#26 Old 02-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Administrator

That's too bad. I was talking to someone about that yesterday. There's so many people out there, seems like it wouldn't be that hard to get something big together.

#27 Old 02-21-2005, 06:30 PM

Vggiegirl...it's still there. Try here:

http://vegan.meetup.com/11/events/?e...&action=detail

You have to sign up to see the details, I think.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#28 Old 02-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I want to attend, but I don't know my work schedule yet. Where is the restaurant in relation to the CTA? I would need to to come from the far south suburbs. Metra into the city, then CTA.
#29 Old 02-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Vggiegirl...it's still there. Try here:

http://vegan.meetup.com/11/events/?e...&action=detail

You have to sign up to see the details, I think.

Ahhh yes. It's switched to Cousin's now
#30 Old 02-22-2005, 05:15 PM

Cousin's has some wicked awesome vegetarian fare...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page