Why are many people not Vegetarian? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-31-2005, 02:39 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I think it's because -

1) people just don't want to make the commitment (it's all about convenience)

2) its "natural" for them to eat animal flesh (blech). As yucky as it is to admit it, most ppl are raised on meat.

3) most are also ignorant (i.e. they think that veg alternatives are gross even tho they never tried them and fail to realize how many "normal" foods are vegetarian).

4) most never even consider it for some reason. For instance, when I was in HS the thought to become vegetarian never even crossed my mind. It wasn't until I started researching my food choices that I decided that this was the way to go for me.

And I'm sooo glad I did eventually go veg
#3 Old 01-31-2005, 02:50 PM

Veg*n = alien from bizarro world to most people. Being vegetarian or vegan doesn't even register on their radar. I think its largely due to the ubiquity of meat and animal products in our culture.

I think the hurdle in getting more people to go veg*n is all about getting people's attention, and making them consider the idea at all. I think that's why PETA is so outrageous sometimes, just to get people to look, and think.

The Rev
#4 Old 01-31-2005, 06:00 PM

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=31930

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page