May be posting less (possible motherboard problems) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-09-2003, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi,

Wanted to let people know that my computer at home is not working. It always had some problems most likely caused by the motherboard or CMOS, but recently they have become worse. I guess I wasn't aggressive enough to want to try to get the problems solved right when I built it. I had an issue with the monitor I bought too. Long story, but it was really frustrating to get that resolved and so I just was willing to settle for what I had.

So I think I am going to break down and buy a new motherboard when I can get my brother to help me choose one. If it works, my computer will be kick a**. I have a really nice chip, 512 MB RAM, etc. Shame for that to go to waste.

Wish me luck.

BTW- building my own computer has been frustrating, but a good learning experience. Has anyone else done this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-09-2003, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

My 15 year old son built his own computer over the summer. (I wouldn't have a clue!)

Good-luck with your 'motherboard?'
#3 Old 01-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

our comp started off store bought but over the years has been frankensteined to no end, it's pretty much self-built at this point, i don't think there's very much original parts left in it. but it's entirely my bf's, i know nothing about technical computer junk.

our motherboard's been replaced 2 or 3 times i think, good luck!

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#4 Old 01-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Banned

Hahaha. No, I didn't manufacture the integrated circuits used in my computer, or even the circuit boards that they are soldered onto. But I stuck a bunch of circuit boards and things into a case and connected cables to cable-connectors, and installed the Windows 98 operating system from a cd. It wasn't frustrating for me, just time-consuming. When I started doing this stuff back in 1986, if I didn't have printed documentation for parts, and driver programs on floppies, I often had trouble making things operate correctly, and sometimes the companies could send you new documentation if you asked for it my mail, other times they couldn't. But with the internet, most all the manufacturers have web sites that u can refer to if you want to know how to make ur hardware work.
#5 Old 01-09-2003, 05:46 PM
Banned

Prug and pray.
#6 Old 01-09-2003, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soilman

Prug

HeHe..when you say it out loud it sort of sounds Scooby-Dooish
#7 Old 01-10-2003, 07:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, the building part is easy. It's the figuring out what needs to be fixed when it's not working right that is frustrating. Assuming it has been the MB all along, everything should've worked like a charm from the get go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page