Football season is over :( - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Well the college football season is over and my Raven's didn't make the playoffs.

Now another 8 months of watching boring baseball and some college basketball.

Lets have a toast to the Hokies wining the ACC again!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-06-2005, 08:36 AM

Mikie, look at it this way. The NFL playoffs start this weekend. It's time to watch the MEN play . . .
#3 Old 01-06-2005, 02:37 PM

The Bills did not make the playoffs yet again. I don't know when they will realize that Drew Bledsoe sucks. If the Bills had a playmaker at QB, they'd do some damage. They have a solid team except at QB.

Anyway, I am behind my #2 team, the Colts, all the way. However, I do tend to think New England will win the SB again.
#4 Old 01-06-2005, 02:43 PM

FR, New England is a safe bet for sure, but I'm being a bit more adventurous this year and looking at Pittsburgh. I just think it's their time. They are rolling right now.
#5 Old 01-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyVT View Post

Now another 8 months of watching boring baseball and some college basketball.

Do they have college basketball in your neck of the woods? I just thought that you had a bunch of dudes in shorts playing catch!
#6 Old 01-06-2005, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkjobsluder View Post

Do they have college basketball in your neck of the woods? I just thought that you had a bunch of dudes in shorts playing catch!

Ouu, a vicious slap indeed. Do tell, what constitutes Mikey's "neck of the woods" - the ACC, or just Virginia Tech?

BTW, I've scoured the 1/5/05 AP, Coaches Poll, Sportsline Top 25 and Sportsline RPI and I can't seem to find single team listed anywhere near Bloomington, Indiana - what on Earth has happened to your boys since Bobby Knight was shown the door???? x 125
#7 Old 01-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I totally do not want to discuss the Orange Bowl.

Oh well. *Putting Sooners shirt in laundry*......

#8 Old 01-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankruptor View Post

Ouu, a vicious slap indeed. Do tell, what constitutes Mikey's "neck of the woods" - the ACC, or just Virginia Tech?

Just Virginia Tech. Duke and Maryland are owed proper respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankruptor View Post

BTW, I've scoured the 1/5/05 AP, Coaches Poll, Sportsline Top 25 and Sportsline RPI and I can't seem to find single team listed anywhere near Bloomington, Indiana - what on Earth has happened to your boys since Bobby Knight was shown the door???? x 125

Pretty much the same as before Bobby Knight was shown the door. There are some good seasons, and there are some bad seasons (and this season is not looking so good). Win or lose however, basketball is understood as the sport of sports, a marathon of chess matches performed to stalemate or checkmate in under 30 seconds. It is, after all, a college sport that has a proper tournament, and a proper champion. A sport persued with passion from the time our boys and girls start middle school.

So football, you can have it. I have a hard time staying awake through a sport that practically has a time out after every play.
#9 Old 01-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Overrated University embarasses the Big 12 again.

Indiana sucks, as does the rest of the Big Ten. VT football takes as much away from the ACC in bball as they bring to it in football. ACC football champions is nice, can't wait to see their accolades in other sports this year.
#10 Old 01-06-2005, 05:48 PM

I've got to agree with you Kirk, I absolutely LOVE college basketball, and consider it the epitome of competitive sports (followed VERY closely by the NFL). My mother played women's basketball for UNC back in the day and I can't ever remember not watching and playing ball growing up. She was a much bigger fan than my dad, for sure, although he's going off the deep end in his old age and now watches every single basketball, football and baseball game he can find on his tv.
#11 Old 01-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Veggie Regular

The Hokies have good boys and girls soccer teams.

Our wrestling program is nop notch.

Baseball team is a bit above average but that is about the extent of it.

Out Basketball team just lost to the Virginia school for the deaf, mute, and blind.

Other then that i dont really know about the rest of the NCAA sports.
#12 Old 01-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey MikeyVT- Can you tell me what a 'hokie' is? (seriously asking)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page