I need to interview an Asian American or an Asian In America - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Veggie Regular

My final project for my Asian American Studies class is to submit a dialogue to my professor from someone I don't know well who is of Asian ancestry. Anyone here able to help me?

The person/people I get info from can have just moved to the US last week, your family may have been living in America since the 1800's, you could have moved in the last forty years as a refugee, or you might not really know but know you're multi-racial, etc. I want real people stories!

What I need to know is what you know of your family history, what your family's nation(s) of origin are, when you (or your family) moved to America, any family traditions you'd like to share, civil rights issues, etc. If you're a citizen by birth, I'd like to hear about any stories they might know about when your family first moved to the US, and if you're naturalized I'd love to hear about that process and why you decided to become a citizen, and if you're not a citizen, I'd like to hear about whether you're planning on becoming one, or still debating, or trying but not able to, or just here for school and not planning to stay, etc.

Anyone able/willing to help me out? If you are, would you PM me (or post it here, if you don't mind everyone reading about you and your fam), I need your real name, and just need you to chat about your family and life. It's pretty informal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Baby Love

Have you asked Freemouse? She's Chinese, but living in the US (or maybe Canada?).
#3 Old 12-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Freemouse lives in Hawaii- she's not around too much here though

Freemouse!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page