Christmas Season Welcome To My Home Thread - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Banned

it is trditional at christmas time for friends to visit each others homes.as our community here lives all over this home planet of ours,that is not possible in the convential sense.however,i thought the next best thing was to invite each other into each others homes by posting pics of our chritmas trees or other christmas themed items that our in in our homes on this thread.would anyone care to join me?with sincere love from vegan heart.xxx.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Banned

...and here is a pic of our christmas tree goddess after we have decorated her with sincere love from vegan heart.xxx.
LL
#3 Old 12-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Veggie Regular

pretty tree.

All I have is a dinky fake tree that I have had for over ten years and I can't seem to part with it. One of these days I should upgrade.
#4 Old 12-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow vegan heart - your tree is beautiful. I have some wall painting to finish this wknd and then we will be putting up ours. I will post pics then.
#5 Old 12-03-2004, 12:32 PM
Baby Love

Beautiful tree, Vegan Heart!

My tree has been standing in the corner of my living room naked all week! I shall try to decorate this weekend, but have yet to decide which ornaments I wish to leave vulnerable to waggy dog tail syndrome. Two years ago, I made the mistake of placing the tree in front of their favorite window. Who knew trees could spin like that! Ornaments flew off in every direction smashing on the wall. I think I will also refrain from making any popcorn chains
#6 Old 12-03-2004, 02:28 PM

Very pretty!

This is the first year my sweetie & I have put up a tree together. We have decided to make all the ornaments, so it will be pretty bare this year. But I'll try to get a decent pic once we put on the lights, ribbon, candy canes and 6 or 8 snowflakes I made, and before the cats & dogs demolish the whole darn thing.
#7 Old 12-03-2004, 02:31 PM

I should not have opened this thread

Now I have to resist getting a tree.

I didn't want one until I opened this thread
#8 Old 12-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Banned

i just arrived back from the london,uk christmas vegan festival where i purchased vegan,organic,chocolate foil wrapped christmas tree novelty snowpeople!they are now on the tree,roll on christmas day when they can be munched upon!vegan heart.xxx.
#9 Old 12-05-2004, 10:18 PM

I think my roommates and I will stick to our halloween design for the holiday season.But nice tree

*Glamboy
#10 Old 12-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I've just bought lots of yummy Green & Black chocolate and wrapped it all up so I can't be tempted. Maya Gold is the invention of the Devil! Love your tree Vegan Heart. Think I'll wait at least another week before I get mine. The heat here can knock them around and I want it to look nice on Christmas Day.
#11 Old 12-06-2004, 06:29 AM
Banned

hey glamboy!how are you?!while on the subject of a halloween theme,although you cant see it in the pic,our christmas tree goddess has a halloween element as she is wearing a set of nightmare before christmas-themed baubles!i have pics of these and will upload and post them soon so watch this space!
#12 Old 12-06-2004, 06:43 AM
Veggie Regular

I *finally* got our tree up last night. We still need to have the boys put on candy canes tonight though. And as you can see, our fireplace is sorely in need of a mantle. But I'm gonna get one maybe today that I can make my husband put together

So if any VB'ers are in Jacksonville this holiday season, let me know. We'll have you over for good vegan food! (Either that or I'll put you to work helping with the mantle!)
LL
#13 Old 12-06-2004, 06:46 AM
Banned

omg!rincaro!your christmas tree looks like an exquisite tree- shaped rainbow.big sigh
#14 Old 12-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

i don't have a tree but we just put up our outdoor lights yesterday. i don't have a digital camera to take a pic for you all though.

maybe when i get to my mom's christmase eve i'll get a pic of her tree, which always looks fantastic, and post it. (she has a digi)

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#15 Old 12-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Thats a wicked nice bright star on top there Rincaro

ETA: What I believe VA, yours truly, is trying to say is "exquisite" to borrow a word from VeganHeart hehe. Sure is exquisite.
#16 Old 12-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamboy View Post

I think my roommates and I will stick to our halloween design for the holiday season.But nice tree

*Glamboy

I'm with your there, I double up with a Halloween theme to overthrow Xmas, muhuhahah.
#17 Old 12-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Banned

the folowing 3 posts are of the nightmare before christmas-themed baubles hanging on my christmas tree as i type!
LL
#18 Old 12-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Banned

and,lol,number 2...
LL
#19 Old 12-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Banned

and last but by no means least,lol...
LL
#20 Old 12-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Banned

the overall look for my xmas tree goddess is a pearly,irridescent frosty look,and to get this effect i added these slightly more conventional baubles...
LL
#21 Old 12-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Veggie Regular

The boys would love those ornaments veganheart. They just adore the nightmare before Christmas. My tree doesn't really have a theme. The garlands are red & gold shiny beads, and there red & gold and green & gold bows. But it's a mish-mosh. Things the boys made. And we buy something every year to add to it.
#22 Old 12-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Banned

this has to be the cutest thing on my tree,the snowperson is in the middle of a snowflake and shamelessly showing off their rear end,lol
LL
#23 Old 12-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Banned

...but in the cuteness league,this little guy comes a very close second!
LL
#24 Old 12-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Banned

we have bought a selection of vegan -themed christmas cards to give to our loved ones,heres one of them,and its especially for...all my vb veggie sisters and brothers.xxx.
LL
#25 Old 12-06-2004, 02:21 PM

Vegan Heart, you're a real sweetheart.

The Rev
#26 Old 12-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Banned

like i said at the beginning of this thread rev,i sure wish we all lived close together enough for me to invite you all round for a christmas visit but that is just a lovely dream so this is the next best thing
#27 Old 12-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Veggie Regular

i <3 your nightmare before christmas ornaments!!!

-i feel left out i dont get a tree im jewish
#28 Old 12-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Banned

hey,im jewish too,my maiden name was ruth levy,lol but i still have a tree so i can enjoy the secular/non religious aspect of christmas.happy channukah for tuesday,i dont have a menorah so please light a candle for me?
#29 Old 12-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan heart View Post

i dont have a menorah so please light a candle for me?

Wish granted.

Lit for whatever purpose you require! btw: whats a menorah ??
#30 Old 12-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Banned

a menorah is a special jewish candle holder which holds 8 iddy biddy candles.over an 8 day period you light 1 on the first night,2 on the second etc till on the eigth day 8 candles shine and blaze.its to celebrate a time when some jewish folks were in crisis but by some miracle their oil/lamps did not run out and they had...light,yay!i guess im right as i am not frum/religious,lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page