Yet AGAIN, Wake Proves To Be Overrated - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-02-2004, 12:23 PM

WFU, I'll bet you knew THIS was coming.

As my (should be) committed Wake graduate brother-in-law took turns glaring at the screen and kicking the couch while yelling expletives, Wake Forest once again showed the world that they have no place in the Top 10 of the AP Poll. Unable to even remain in the running, the Deacons were humiliated, owned, dominated, destroyed, devastated, decimated and soundly thrashed by #3 ranked Illinois on Illini hardwood in the ACC/Big East showdown preseason tournament last night. Here's hoping they develop some defensive capability before the ACC regular season starts up or they have a long hard winter in front of them.

On the other hand, UNC met the challenge of a scrappy, hard charging but (as yet) unranked Indiana team in Bloomington and fought off their persistent rallies to comfortably cruise to yet another preseason victory. Thankfully somebody else other than Wake can carry the load and help insure that the ACC remains the strongest league in the nation. No doubt about it.

Ah yes, we're coming upon the greatest time of the year. NFL season is coming down to the wire, playoffs are on the horizon, and college basketball is warming up with what appears to be a really exciting season. I love this time of year . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Can't believe we got spanked like that! It's going to be a great year in the ACC, no doubt. I'm going to start calling us the Wake Forest Emon Eacons since we have yet to show any D.

Carolina played a weak Indiana team, we beat them in Winston last year by 40. Can't wait for the annual McCants meltdown...And they blamed it all on Doh!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page